Economics Thread

Which economic philosophy do you follow? Don't try to be edgy. You are mostly likely a neoliberal or Keynesian.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoclassical_synthesis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Capitalism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_system#List_of_economic_systems
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fiscal conservative but social liberal

Feudalism

Keynesian-Classical synthesis.

I love Piegotian taxes. They can be social, health and ecological policies that pay for themselves.

Neoclassical synthesis.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoclassical_synthesis

Distributionist. Not a christlarper btw.

This is not an acceptable answer. If capitalism choose from here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Capitalism

If other than capitalism choose from here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_system#List_of_economic_systems

So the worst kind

How is a "non-poverty system" any different than ideological tankism? Interesting read but I don't quite get what distinguishes it from all the other populist models

These two are not contradictory. The US CAN pay any debt because money is essentially worthless

Isn't inflation just a form of taxation?

>Which economic philosophy do you follow?
The one it works in the situation my country is.

monetarism i guess

For me, it's the Austrian School

Free market capitalism.

imperial war economies. Like WW2 USA but with annexations minus the new deal.

I'm too much of a brainlet to understand economics

Commie get out

fpbp

Catholic distributism

If you can imagine an ultimate communist state where every industry is state owned and all workers are government employees, and then compare it to the ultimate capitalist state where every industry is the private property of a single mega-corporation, who to whom every worker is an employee or contractor, then you begin to realize that they are two sides of the same modernizing, anti-traditionalist coin.

My economic platform is built upon three pillars:

-strong anti-trust laws to maintain an even distribution of capital and wealth in the economy to ensure that competition remains healthy and orientated towards boosting efficiency outputs rather than with leveraging trickery or by cheating payroll

-fiscal prudence, using a combination of spending cuts and tax increases to bring deficits under control. Allow tobacco and alcohol advertising and lower the age of legal consumption but tax both at 90%. Legalize and tax safe narcotics like Marijuana and LSD. Increase the capital gains tax and the inheritance tax but eliminate the corporate tax, replace the sales tax with a value added tax, and replace the income tax with a carbon tax. Put a tax on all big box stores so that they don’t ruin local economies. The goal is to boost consumer demand, promote small property ownership, and encourage people to invest their money in newer, environmentally healthier equipment for their businesses.

-dramatic expansion of educational services, particularly aimed at poor minority and rural areas, with the goal of eliminating the education gap, reducing rates of teen sexual ignorance, and creating a dynamic workforce which can rapidly re-educate and relocate to new industries as market forces naturally prune obsolete ones. Make teachers on par with doctors, increasing their pay accordingly, so that schools are attracting top talent, even schools to retrain teachers to better help them prepare their students for tomorrow’s workplace

Another stupid kid from high school

Economics beyond the very basic is %100 ideological thinking, that's why, given the same evidence two persons have totally different and untestable claims on the causes and solutions and why both of them can't make adequate predictions.

Keynes did mostly nothing wrong.

The US is currently in a half-Keynesian economic system and it is truly the worst reality. Spending increases during recessions, tax cuts while the economy is hot.

>Keynes did mostly nothing wrong

Wrong.

I'm an anarchist

Retard

Read Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations

>Wanting other people to control your life

Sharia Islamic economy

>T. Another college freshman who thinks he has the world figured out

>Economics beyond the very basic is %100 ideological thinking
The ideology can be condensed into the following:
>the less poor exploited people there are, the better your society becomes, therefore:
>a) kill the poor
>b) don't be a greedy psychopath

Killing the poor doesn’t address the problems which created them in the first place

MMT

>conflating Keynesian economics with an ailing, politically-systemically decayed republic
Wrong.