$6,200

>$6,200
>Slower than dogshit
>Virtually no utility
>Never-ending forks

The crash is going to be epic.

It's gonna be slow and boring. It'll flatline for months or years and lose steam as normies start squirreling their money away in some other coin and then it'll bleed out.

you forgot
>pumped by tether created with no backing

Yes.

I think so too, but, for the time being, btc is the defacto gateway into Alt coins. Without btc, most people have no clue or no way to buy most alts. The only thing that's close is maybe eth for getting into alts.

That, plus name brand recognition, network effects, and the "free" money from the forks will probably keep pumping btc to 10k and beyond, when massive fomo might take hold amongst hedge fund types. Will be interesting for sure. I prefer quality alts with a decent chance to moon like req, link, omg

Even if you only hit one big moon you make back all your other losses and the potential for some of the alts is massive.

too many people have too high of a stake in bitcoin. and it wont go away unless they make it, which they wont, because they have too high a stake in it.

Jesus this FUD is absolutely hilarious. You pissed your shitcoins are tanking?

tether is backed as soon as it enters the market. by the btc/eth someone just put up for leverage.

>tether is backed as soon as it enters the market

ETH is becoming the gateway into alts really fast. Every big exchange listing a new alt always does it now for btc and eth.

Salty Alty bullshit fud. The gig is up. The scam coins are over. Lads. You scammed to many people. No one believes you now. The Wolf is really here now, and it is going to eat you. And no one will care.

It is, but ETH still has to prove its supposed utility at some point, BTC has been proving itself the entire time.

>>Slower than dogshit

Coinbase announced official segwit2x Support.
Along with all major mining pools.

It will allow millennials and boomers to buy it directly.

BTC holders will immediately dump it to segwit2x in all exchanges.

BTC crash sometime after the fork is set in stone

What utility has BTC proved that ETH has not?

>sometime

Sure, we've all seen it enough times before, but from where, to where, and for how long? Will the window be enough for a retard such as yourself not to fuck up? I've never managed to profit much from BTC dumps so I stopped trying it

>BTC has been proving itself the entire time.

HAHAHAHAAHHAAhahhahahaaaaaaaa.

no. I ain't paying my mortgage in BTC kiddo.

btc has no utility other than being digital money and its doing that job perfectly..

Crashing into BCC like a fortune teller

It’s digital gold. It’s illiquid as fuck.

Storing value, which it has been very good at. I love ETH, but we don't really have any of these exciting dapps doing much of anything at this time, it will only need a few out of a thousand to be great but it will still need something

BTC has already lost it's job as money. You should be able to do transactions with money. With BTC you wait half a day.

BTC has become from being money+store of value, to just being a store of value without any utility to back that value

I will believe Reuters iver some basement dwelling cin artist. Pic related.

>Implying all alts are a singular thing
jfc how can you be this dense?
Plenty of scams in BTC too, MtGOX anyone?
It's probably going to stay king for quite a while longer, but eventually if crypto becomes truly mainstream better tech will succeed it.

how many planes does the Wright Company make these days?

ETH is dead, like completely, if you had your money in ETH then you'd probably be pretty pissed right now unless you were an idiot which seemingly most Americans and users of biz are...

Bitcoin is now The Gold. Never go Full Retard and sell The Gold.

>how many planes does the Wright Company make these days?

About as many web searches as there are on Alta Vista...

>With BTC you wait half a day.

I mean it's more like an hour or two but yeah it can't be used for everyday transactions

Muh MtGox. Someone hacked a low IQ idiot like you's wallet. (you) r9kt.

Proof that technicals are not everything, especially in speculative markets.

Bitcoin is a recognized, venerable thing. This board praises coins with 1/500th of it's market cap. There fucking nothing compared to it.

Even hyped altcoins have 1/3 to 1/100th of bitcoins market cap.

>but yeah it can't be used for everyday transactions

therefore it is not money.

>Not accepted by any government

>Bitcoin is now The Gold.

Bitcoin may go very high in value but it will never replace gold. Only retarded NEETs and brainlets would think otherwise.

>Alta Vista circa 2000: "What the fuck is a google, lel."

>illiquid as fuck

It has the best liquidity of any crypto

I have noticed none of you Alt Coin Scam artists fuding bitcoin log on till 11:pm PST. Maybe you should get a real job and move out of your Mothers' basement?

You're right it's not fiat, it's a gold stand-in

>Not used for everyday transactions
>Used for virtually any transaction from any user here between Exchange A, Exchange B and his wallet

Gold can be used to make jewelry for girls and it has special properties which make it useful in electronics/science.

BTC can be used ... uh ... yeah...

How is BTC=Gold?

Gold is tangible, bitcoin is not.

But I can't rightly walk into a gas station and slap down a BTC for a fucking snickers bar now can I?

Not really, it has different challenges but everything going for it, I am surprised it hasn't been pulled up a little with BTC though
There is still no real demand for everyday transactions with crypto, it just isn't important right now, we can wait a couple of years before backing fast tx coins, we won't miss out

It has liquidity only if you keep it in an exchange wallet.

can you pay your taxes with it? try giving btc to the irs lel

because all that matters is buying slurpees with your cryptobucks
who cares about transferring thousands, or millions worth of shitty fiat across the world within hours for a negligible fee. without having banks and the government involved :^)

There are some extremely low IQ Salty Alty's on tonight.If you know the least little things about sub atomic physics and quantum mechanics, you understand that Bitcoin at this point in the Space Time Continuum, is far more tangible than Gold, thus the price descrepancy. Next? Ten at a time please. Ten of you at a time will at least match one tenth of my IQ, and possibly keep me from falling asleep from boredom.

You will be able to in 2 years. Just think about the amount of companies worldwide accepting BTC 2 years ago vs now. No other currency has ever achieved that, not even USD (which I can‘t be used in 90% of countries to quickly buy a snickers as well)

I think we’re a ways from BTC imploding thiugh. But whenever it does, it’s bringing everything down too.

What you need to understand is the price of gold has absolutely nothing to do with its utility, and that price is set by traders of electronic tokens of gold because no one gives two fucks about it being tangible

Brilliant.

Can't really walk into a gas station and slap down a gold ingot for a snickers bar either.

Bullshit.

99.9% of the planet is not transferring millions of dollars around the world, so who really gives a fuck?

>more tangible than Gold

wtaf are you babbling about. Can you touch a bitcoin, ya fuckin dingus?

>You will be able to in 2 years

Yeah, I'll just stand in the checkout aisle for 4 fucking hours while my btc transfers. Sure thing pal.

Gold has a high price because it has some small utility + it is rare. Without the small utility, it would be worthless.

Pick any 100 gas stations. I guaran-goddamn-tee I'll get 99 of them to accept gold as payment before bitcoin.

lmao yeah "it takes a very high IQ to understand how bitcoin is tangible [insert rest of pasta here]"

you seem to really like namecalling but nobody here is actually fudding bitcoin. although the timeline for another coin to take over is probably a lot longer than these people expect, because it will only happen when normal people are educated enough in cryptocurrency to see the reason, it probably will eventually happen unless one of these forks *really* addresses the issues *and* is the _last one ever_.

>small utility

The hell do you think is inside the device you're using right now?

>Yeah, I'll just stand in the checkout aisle for 4 fucking hours while my btc transfers
do you stand in line for 24-72 hours after using your debit card to buy something?

The price of gold is regulated by the cost of mining, scarcity relative to demand, and crowd sentiment. Sound familiar? Like how the price of Bitcoin is regulated? Hmmmmmmm? Dumbfucks.

Almost all of its value comes from its safe haven status, its utility is a literal meme

Hold your breath nigger

You just read one post here and comment without context?
Look at previous posts also before you jump in:

My debit card transacts in a universally accepted currency on a network capable of 50,000+ transactions per second.

OK, I'm about to slip in to a coma from Boredom. Out.

I've been here the whole time, friendo. The utility of gold is not "small" by any means. Industrial demand alone constitutes about 80 tons per quarter.

At current prices that translates to ~$13,000,704,000/yr. And that's a sliver compare to other demands (investment/jewelry/etc).

fyi its the jig is up not the gig

Without any utility at all, people would choose another thing for being the safe haven. That is what I am saying.

>The price of gold is regulated by the cost of mining, scarcity relative to demand, and crowd sentiment.
Good job, you just described every natural mineable resource. But for some reason BTC=Gold

Well, people here say that the value of gold is not correlated to its utility. And because gold does not need utility to be valuable, BTC doesn't also.

But as you just said, gold does have utility to back it up being a safe haven for investment. Where is the immense utility of BTC compared to other cryptos that actually work as value transfers?

Yep it is gonna be different this time. Just you wait.
Loving this alt salt. Keep them flowing.

>Where is the immense utility of BTC

There isn't one, which I explicitly stated in the OP.

>people here say
Stopped reading after this

If you are a musician, it is quite common to say " the gig is up" .

Imma paint you a picture, Sunshine. Gold. Commodity. Bitcoin. Commodity. Altcoins. Fiat. Glad I could help, Hon.

Oh, shit. I got rekt here. You are the OP. Didn't pay attention myself.
BTC will be replaced some year. This shit wont last long, when people realize, the transactions will not get faster.

>BTC will be replaced some year. This shit wont last long, when people realize, the transactions will not get faster.

My sentiments exactly.

BTC showed us the way, but it will not be the be-all/end-all of cryptos anymore than Alta Vista has remained king of search engines.

Once again, bitcoin is NOT a currency. It is a COMMODITY. COOOOOOOMMMMMOOOODIITTYYY. COMMODITY.

>compared to other cryptos

Plain and simple because it is the biggest

Anyone who says BTC is a store of wealth and should not be a currency is an idiot. Literally how you form a bubble. Holding onto something for holding sake.

security is NEVER convenient, scaling bitcoin without keeping security in mind would be stupid as fuck. the status quo right now (and segwit2x failing) will be pretty goddamn bullish

Hey guys? Stop with the up and down fake sell walls. Its wearing me out just watching it. Youve been at it for hours. That is normie money you are trying to scare in to selling. Normies do not know enough about trading ti be scared in to selling

unironically all in alts

>bitcoin is NOT a currency
It was supposed to be and people still argued a year ago that being a good currency is its main value.

Segwit 2x already failed, and the Developer admitted it. I found proof, posted it here, and that is what started this Bull Run

So whats really the problem with it being a currency? Just network speed?

For 3 nigjts before that, the Alties were using segwit2x killing Bitcoin fud to scam pump and dump bitcoin cash.

it takes 24 to 72 hours for the cash to change hands.

>cash. *sigh* I give up.

A currency is, similar to a language, entirely dependant on a single thing: Acceptance. I can create a new currency right now using a piece of paper, but it won‘t be worthless because of lacking utility or anything else, but entirely because no place accepts it & nobody has ever heard of it.

The same applies to languages - it‘s not about which one has the most precise meaning or easiest grammar, but entirely about how usable and accepted it is in everyday use. That‘s why we are talking english here and not Esperanto. Nobody gives a shit about Esperanto.

Out of any cryptocurrency, Bitcoin is by far the most widely known and accepted one. It‘s probably not beyong the point of no return yet (like english in terms of language), but there is nothing even remotely close in the cryto world atm.

>Bitcoin is by far the most widely known and accepted one

It may be the most widely known but that doesn't mean it universally accepted. I'm well aware of what bitcoin is but I wouldn't sell you my house for it.

No crytocurrency is universally accepted. No fiat currency is, either.

They are in their respective locales.

High chance BTC will be accepted by anyone accepting any crypto

over 50% of the market is ERC20's traded with ETH. The flippening already happened, you just don't realise it yet.

Yeah well that is worth pointing out user

Yes, and that‘s why they are still used in their locales - again, just like languages. I‘m not arguing BTC vs fiat, but BTC vs other cryptos and why its technical flaws are less important than many here might believe, because it‘s about acceptance and not technical superiority.

>Slower than dogshit
Slow compared to what? USD debit transactions, or Dogecoin block times? It's extremely fast for its fungibility.
>Virtually no utility
This is actually a non-argument when talking about curencies. What utility do greenbacks have other than possibly being used to wipe your ass? What utility does gold have other than being pretty?
>Never-ending forks
Have any of the forks actually hurt BTC? They've just created worthless offshoots that made some programmers rich. BCH is even doing pretty well right now.

actually gold is an amazing electrical conductor, used in just about all modern electronics. Just saying.

The usage of gold in electronics is actually slim. The vast majority is used for jewelry (which is some sort of investment, if you will), then comes investment and (central) banking. Technology usage (electronics, medicine) is less than 10% and definitely not what defines the price of gold.

I know I know, best conductor, and used in some Au-Sn alloys for optometry equipment or some shit, but that's way past the point of negligibility, especially considering the history of gold being used as currency despite being nothing but a dumb soft metal. It's valuable because it's rare, and has a history of being valuable.

>It's valuable because it's rare, and has a history of being valuable

Mostly this, which boils down to people expecting to be able to sell it for more later