Was BM-13 best weapon of WW2?

Was BM-13 best weapon of WW2?

It's cool but I fail to see by what metric it could be the best. If we're talking about destroying cities I'd go for some strategic bomber like a B-17 or B-29 or by just raw power the atomic bomb. Alternatively, if we're going by rule of cool alone I'd go with a P-47 or a V-2 rocket.

no that was the ppsh

V-2 was only good at destroying call boxes and killing random British grandmas

Nah, it was the Studebaker truck.

Norwegians need to stop posting

Rocket artillery is the best.

that did very little damage actually, it was mostly a psychological weapon

The did damage.
One of main jobs of artillery in any case is disrupting the enemy, softening up his defenses for an attack. Saturation that rocket artillery achieves is perfect for that purpose.
Using artillery to pulverise the enemy was shown to be a ridiculously expensive (logistically) and inefficient method in WW1.
Now I don't mean to imply ordinary artillery is useless, but rocket artillery has it's purpose too, especially within the Soviet highly offensive outlook.
It's not a defensive weapon.

Yeah i guess i should have read at least the wiki page before commenting, i got that from a documentary i saw a while a go where they stated it was mostly a terror weapon.
Apparently it's based on the German nebelwerfer which was in development way before the war even started

No, but some of the best were
StG 44, PPSh-41, M1 Carbine, MG 42, Panzerfaust, M4 Sherman, T-34, StuG III, La-5, P-47, P-51, B-29, He 219, Ar 234, De Havilland Mosquito, Hawker Tempest, Type XXI submarine, Essex-class carrier

>artillery is the main cause of soldier deaths in ww2
>list of best weapons doesnt include a single artillery piece

The StG was shit, it was a good idea but was total fucking crap that jammed all the time

Forgive the brainlets, they don't know who's the King of Battle

No it was the atomic bomb.

That's what prototypes do, nevertheless it was succeful enough for Germans to revise their infrantry doctrine.

You forgot ЗиC-3.

It was still a colossal success, it meant that any soldier in a squad couuld deliver surpressing fire, not just the machine gun, making both advancing and retreating far easier

Rocket artillery of ww2 was horribly inaccurate, massed gun artillery was the single most effective weapon system of that war and every single war that has been fought on this gay earth since ww1.

But as was said above its main job was to fuck up everything over a large area, one bm-13 truck shooting a full salvo could saturate an enemy occupied area faster than a single battery of 122mm guns.

>some of the best
The BM-13 was shit, even a foxhole sufficed to protect against it unless it scored a direct hit.
Was the ZiS-3 that much better than say a Pak 40 or M5?

Yes, I recognize that V-2s were, if anything, a detriment to the German war machine. However, I still think they're cool.

The ZiS-3 was really not exceptional in any characteristic outside of the number made.

>Was the ZiS-3 that much better than say a Pak 40 or M5?
Pak 40 and M5 were AT weapons, ZiS-3 was a gun that performed well both in direct and indirect fire situations.

This is the best weapon of WW2

that's not a weapon you fucking retard