How active was the USA in dismantling European colonialism?

I know that they gave the Philippines independence on schedule, threatened to withdraw Marshal Plan support for the Netherlands unless they stopped their war in Indonesia, and then there's the whole Suez Crisis, but besides that what did they do? How did they pressure Britain and France, who owned the bulk of colonized countries? I always hear Brits being butthurt about this but I never know specifically what happened.

The one thing the USSR and USA was the need of the decolonization of Asia and Africa.
while both of these used argumentation of that these peoples had a inherit right of of self determination but the political goal for these world powers was consolidating their super power status post ww2.
If France and the UK had kept their colonies it would no doubt make the likelihood of these countries being re surging back to super power status impossible.

in english please

WW1 happened and the US sold weapons and raw material to everyone. Then, once it leeched Britain and France dry it "joined the war" in order to make Germany capitulate (if conquered neither Britain nor France would be able to pay up). Germany was on the verge of victory and if the US didn't get involved that would be it. The US would remain a second rate power at best without draining centuries worth of wealth from the entire european continent.

Thus Britain and France ended up with a huge debt to the US. This happened once more in British case during WW2, when Britain betrayed the white race for the second time.

And after all that the US could dictate everything it wanted to its lapdogs. It chipped away at everything until it became the global hegemon. Thus european civilization, culture, and our very race were sacrificed to the only god the Anglo-Saxon knows - money. And this liberal fuckhole parody world is the result of that.

lol

90% of what I said is common knowledge. Shit, even Dan Carlin explicitly states the robbery bit in his WW1 podcast.

The US was a world power before WW1, lad. The bongs and frogs committed suicide in August 1914, but the US had nothing to do with that decision.

No, no it wasn't. At all. America's economy was shit prior to WW1 and its international influence was zero. This was also due to your isolationism, and Woodrow the Shit had to work long and hard to drag you into the War. Like I said, money is the Saxon god.

The US was a nothing prior to WW1 war profiteering. A regional power yes, but nothing compared to Britain, France, AH, Russia etc. Its influence and power was similar to Belgium or Sweden.

Again, all of this is common knowledge. Just go listen to Dan Carlin's WW1 podcast if you don't believe me.

>America's economy was shit prior to WW1
Stopped reading right there, lad. You need to educate yourself.

>podcast
Sorry that doesn’t sound like a citation.

No, you do. This is common knowledge. But I'm assuming you're American, thus your willful ignorance. It's hard to make peace with the fact you're the villain.

>lad

Fuck I hate that word. I always found it to be incredibly homosexual.

Ah, you know even less than the other user. Dan is legit and sources his shit.

>dismantling european colonialism

By replacing it with US imperialism
Fuck this thread.

>Granting flips """independence"""
Don't make me laugh

Sincerely, a butthurt flip

>t. butthurt Kraut
[spoiler]This is the first time I've heard the "America singlehandedly won WW1" line from a non-American. Usually the line they push is that Germany was going to be beaten any day now, with the US joining in at the last minute so it could share the spoils[/spoiler]

By pure chance, Dan also did an ep about US imperialism. The stuff they did to you guys are atrocious. Heinous shit.

In my case AH disintegrated and then we got a 100 or so years of communism. The whole of Eastern Europe never recovered from this shit. The end of AH was also our end.

I'm a Croat actually, and you can't read. The US entered the War when the Germans were about to win. All sides were utterly exhausted, but France was a corpse and Britain was... well, doing what Brits do (making plans to escape and get their army across the Channel). At this point Russia was out of the War (communist revolution, treaties of Brest-Litovsk), and Germany and AH were sending all their troops to the Western Front. And that would be it. US entry meant unlimited credit, unlimited meat to throw in the grinder, and unlimited resources to the mortally wounded French and British - because the US wanted them to exist so they could pay their debts.

They joined the war because Germany sent what amounted to a declaration of hostilities in the one-two punch of unrestricted submarine warfare and the Zimmerman telegram.

Yeah, after Woodrow the Shit's perpetual refusal to hold the British to the same standards and demanding that any and all Americans everywhere are holy cows that can't be harmed even if they're on vessels full of ammunition and weapons heading for Britain. Germany's actions are reasonable and were the result of Woodrow's clear hypocrisy and preference for the British (money).

The Neutral rights that Wilson insisted on had a long historical foundation. That they benefited the entente more than the central powers was a product primarily of geography, not of personal bias.

You might be the most ignorant poster I seem in ages congratulations

Germany declared war on the US in WWII not the other way around.

other than the netherlands they didn't. this much is obvious by their war subsidies and alliance with the colonial powers even fighting alongside them in vietnam.

>Just go listen to Dan Carlin's WW1 podcast if you don't believe me.
Europeans are so fucking retarded

>Germany was on the verge of victory and if the US didn't get involved that would be it.
lmao the Kaiserschlacht was already costing Germany too many casualties to be sustainable even before American troops hit the ground. And if you're going to bitch about the industrial support, the US had already been doing that before Germany was "on the verge of victory" in 1918.

>America's economy was shit prior to WW1 and its international influence was zero.
We beat the piss out of Spain to seize Puerto Rico and the Philippines, and then proceeded to beat the piss out of the Chinese as well. That's disregarding the adventures the Marines had in South America.

The reasoning euros used to justify self determination in the World Wars by logic had to apply to the colonies as well.

Basically world powers got a taste of their own medicine or close to it.

>America's economy was shit prior to WW1 and its international influence was zero
Literally largest GDP in the world.

>By replacing it with US imperialism
Wow US imperialism is pretty great.

>it's another European retard lashes out at Americans for being too jingoistic without realizing he's doing the exact same thing episode

The US was already the world's largest economy when the 20th century started.

>The US entered the War when the Germans were about to win
Imagine being this much of a brainlet

You are confusing military might with economic power. America was already *the* rising economic superpower at the turn of the 19th century. It was is military that was small-ish and nonthreatening to European powers.

That begun to change with the Great White Fleet, the Spanish-American War, and eventually WW1 and WW2.

Come to think of it, the situation of America in 1900 was very similar to China today. Already extremely powerful, but underrated because its military is still low-key and the government prefers not to rock the boat and exerts soft power rather than hard power.