We wuzzing Romans

Why do people think Romans were white?

ethnicgenome.wordpress.com/2009/03/02/sicilians-have-10-sub-saharan-african-dna/

Other urls found in this thread:

ethnicgenome.wordpress.com/2009/03/02/sicilians-have-10-sub-saharan-african-dna/
cell.com/ajhg/fulltext/S0002-9297(17)30276-8
realhistoryww.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=srURDoK0US0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flavia_(gens)
realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/Crests/History_of_the_Holy_Roman_Empire.htm
twitter.com/BassrieAyd
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ethnicgenome.wordpress.com/2009/03/02/sicilians-have-10-sub-saharan-african-dna/
That's such bullshit. t. Sicilian with 0% African DNA. Either Sub-Saharan or Maghrebi

>dude romans were X current ethnicity 2000 years ago
retards everyone

> Roman literary records describe a large number of well-known Roman historical personalities as blond.

>Flavius, meaning yellow hair, was one of the most popular Roman names. There are various people named Rufus and Rutilius, meaning red haired.

>Augustus, the founder of the Roman Emperor, was described as having blonde hair. Nero had blonde hair and blue eyes. Emperor Lucius Verus was said to sprinkle gold-dust on his already "golden" blond hair to make it even blonder and brighter. Emperor Commodus (r. 177-192), son of Marcus Aurelius, had naturally blond hair.

>Hercules, Aphrodite, Dionysos, Pan, Jupiter, Hera, Mercury, Mars, and Venus were occasionally described as blondes.

>Antinous, lover of the Roman emperor Hadrian, was blonde

>Tertullian complained that Roman women “are even ashamed of their country, sorry that they were not born in Germany or in Gaul. Thus, as far as their hair is concerned, they give up their country.”

the image forgets to point out that those portraits are from Fayyum mummies in Egypt, so naturally, roman citizens of Egypt would differ from citizens of Italia

>Denies science
>nigger confirmed

>Takes an actual DNA test
>But i'll trust shlomosblogspot.org

Will sw*rthoids ever relent with their pathetic inferiority complex?

did you know that the word knight originated from the word knigga

Names change, but phenotypes stay the same, barring absolutely massive demographic shifts/genocides. Which of course is the reason why "what race were X" questions are always pointless and retarded.

>phenotypes stay the same
Not even true for genotypes

They specifically tested Bronze Age Lebanese samples for phenotype and found that they were basically the same as modern Lebanese. And Lebanon is the ultimate gang-bang of a country with waves of conquerors and migrations from everywhere at all times. If even they stayed consistent in genetics and looks, there should really be no question for a place like Italy.
cell.com/ajhg/fulltext/S0002-9297(17)30276-8
> Here, we sampled the petrous portion of temporal bones belonging to five ancient individuals dated to between 3,750 and 3,650 years ago (ya) from Sidon, which was a major Canaanite city-state during this period (Figures S1 and S2). We extracted DNA and built double-stranded libraries according to published protocols without uracil-DNA glycosylase treatment.
> In addition, SNPs associated with phenotypic traits show that Sidon_BA and the Lebanese had comparable skin, hair, and eye colors (in general: intermediate skin pigmentation, brown eyes, and dark hair) with similar frequencies of the underlying causal variants in SLC24A5 and HERC2, but with Sidon_BA probably having darker skin than Lebanese today from variants in SLC45A2 resulting in darker pigmentation (Table S2).
> We next tested a model of the present-day Lebanese as a mixture of Sidon_BA and any other ancient Eurasian population using qpAdm. We found that the Lebanese can be best modeled as Sidon_BA 93% ± 1.6% and a Steppe Bronze Age population 7% ± 1.6% (Figure 3C; Table S6).

Probably because they looked white and lived in Europe and have “white” haplogroups and genes

She does not look white. She looks like a redbone, hi yella, or whatever

L

Octoroons are not black m8
That’s besides the fact that she looks more Persian than high yellow
>pointing nose
>thin lips
>small cheek bones

The lady in that picture I just read btw was an Egyptian Roman citizen so that’s probably why she looks more Arab than white

This ones Pompeii but whatever

Can someone give me a list of negro claims now?
Egypt, Romans, Britons, Israelites, Eskimos, the Nips, native Americans, berbers (and the moors), persia...Am I missing anything?

I’m also posting mostly women because the men obviously spent a lot of time outside which gave them their bronze golden skin so I find women’s skin reflex their more natural skin tone
But here’s a coin depicting their obvious white facial features

they literally believe every single civilisation was black but whitey used tricknology to convince people otherwise.
realhistoryww.com/

Nobody with any mass in their brains think romans where white, just like they don't think they were black either. They were brownish mediterranean people.

source

While I agree with you user, phenotypes can be deceiving. Guess how black this woman is.

enough for me to want to smash her, if you know what I mean

There’s some truth to the tricknology thing
It’s mostly just that Europeans used methods and ideas learned from ancient civilizations to make new things and black people are butthurt about it
I don’t know though I have a lot more respect for someone who figures out how to build a steam engine or a lightbulb out of algebras and other maths than someone who figures out how to count rocks

>they

Fuck off, we don't all believe this shit. We call the people who do hoteps. The most I'll give is Egypt, but that's (barely) understandable.

Like 1/6 probably
Her Wikipedia page says she’s Asian and African American but it’s clearly bullshit looking at her mom who’s probably half black herself

Good taste. She's 65% black by the way, making her blacker than Quincy Jones and Condoleezza Rice.

It’s from the villa of mysterias in a Roman villa
Here’s another picture from it but you can google it and look at the other pictures from it

RICED

She did a DNA test and she found out that she's 65% black, as I said . Her family is generally mixed though, with her mom being black, white, and Native American.

youtube.com/watch?v=srURDoK0US0

Honestly? I think her dad got cucked.

>romans
>sicilians
>two different things
>sicilians received sub saharan african admixture from islamic invasion ~300 years after the collapse of roman empire
>strawmans that people think romans were blonde haired blue eyed "huwhite"

Yeah it’s really hit or miss with what features you receive from your parents
That girl clearly got more on her parents side while girls like this clearly got more of her dads physical features (Guyanese African)

>One drop rule

>blond
this doesn't make someone white you nigger.
>Flavius meant yellow hair
no it didn't.
>being named red means you have red hair
no it doesn't.
>some Romans had blonde hair
again this doesn't make them white. Italians have phenotypical variation on par with the rest of Europe, this doesn't make them white.
>Roman women couldn't compete with white women
obviously
holy shit your turbo sperg what makes someone white?
Pro-tip
IT ISNT BLONDE HAIR OR BLUE EYES
It is bone structure and genetic clustering.
There are Blonde haired blue eyed Syrians, this does not make Syrians white and they have no relation to Europeans whatsoever.
White people or rather North Sea Germanic people are native to the North Sea region.
beyond this place there are no "whites" there are only other non-white races or rather other subgroups of caucasians.

both of these people are Italians and genetically cluster together, neither of them are white because neither of them are from Northern Europe.

DNA tests are notoriously unaccurate

it's not just limited to hoteps and black hebrew isralites. this is official noi doctrine.

protip: white is not an ethnicity

NOI are scum, but they're fading away. They aren't as powerful as they used to be, and neither are the Five Percenters. Although, a surprisingly large amount of rappers are Five Percenters...

>portraits with brightness intentionally turned down
or
>actual contemporary descriptions

hmmm

What about it?
It was a like a guideline in the south and some parts of Germany like 300 years ago
No one takes it seriously or a reference to go by in deciding someone’s race

>no it didn't.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flavia_(gens)

OP's picture is wrong, dumbshit. That's the fucking point. Back to /pol/ with you.

El mutante del mestizaje...

This.
Rape babies are an absolute meme outside of South America (and even then it only worked out because plague killed 90% of the natives). The sheer number of people required to effectively change the appearance of an ethnic group through people having sex alone is crazy.
Hell, look at Central Asia, even with all the Turks the Kazakhs look Eurasian and the Uzbeks look straight up European.

Meant to say Turkmen, not Uzbeks.

JESUS, look at this one, omfg I'm dieing:
realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/Crests/History_of_the_Holy_Roman_Empire.htm
This is comedy gold

>this doesn't make someone white you nigger.
Unless they're from polynesia yes it does you autist

Looks pretty white to me

Delete this picture now!!!

Seriously, why are people still making these threads, it's the same anti-germanic memes going around and around until someone posts this pic or other contemporary depictions.

Most of them actually aren't contemporary. Malalas lived some 200-300 years after these emperors.

ROMAN WUZ BLACK

Whiteness is just a trait, most romans probably had mediterranean skin and there was likely a lot of variation since they had slaves from all over

Why do people want to give the idea that they were all the same?

>Tertullian complained that Roman women “are even ashamed of their country, sorry that they were not born in Germany or in Gaul. Thus, as far as their hair is concerned, they give up their country.”
This is what he wrote.
>I see some (women) turn (the colour of) their hair with saffron. They are ashamed even of their own nation, (ashamed) that their procreation did not assign them to Germany and to Gaul: thus, as it is, they transfer their hair52
It shows that in his province blond hair were really uncommon.

>Flavius, meaning yellow hair, was one of the most popular Roman names
>Under the Empire, the number of persons bearing this nomen becomes very large, perhaps due to the great number of freedmen under the Flavian dynasty of emperors. It was a common practice for freedmen to assume the nomina of their patrons, and so countless persons who obtained the Roman franchise under the Flavian emperors adopted the name Flavius, which was then handed down to their descendants.[1]
It doesn't mean they were all blonde. Another interesting information:
>The Flavii seem to have been of Sabine origin
So they weren't even Romans.

Augustus was described as having subflavium hair, so they were darker than blonde hair. Same with Nero.

>Hercules, Aphrodite, Dionysos, Pan, Jupiter, Hera, Mercury, Mars, and Venus were occasionally described as blondes
These aren't real people and half of them are from Greece.

>brownish mediterranean people
Hmmm....they don't look that brown.

I remember when I first went to Lombardy being fairly shocked that 70%+ of the people there looked, well, typically Italian, with dark eyes and hair and skin that tanned well and tended to be tannish by default. The "Italy is WHIIIIIITE, American terrones aren't representative!" meme really is a load of bullshit.

So this guy is not white?

If you consider Italians and Greeks to be white then there's no real justification for excluding Levantines or Anatolians.

or this?

obviously not, hes amreican

>inb4 "yes"

Jesus, couldn't even get inb4 that one.

dumb meme, that guy is Irish

>DNA tests aren't run by Schlomo
Dumb American faggot claiming Sicilian heritage

>Tertullian complained that Roman women “are even ashamed of their country, sorry that they were not born in Germany or in Gaul. Thus, as far as their hair is concerned, they give up their country.
Yes, Romans loved blonde hair and imported it from germanics regularly. This shows that it was uncommon so the Romans were not predominantly blonde

>Levantines or Anatolians

They are, at least in US census.

But it's more than just names sweetie. I'd imagine culture is much more important than appearance. It's just nationalist are obsessed with the idea that they're direct descendants of the cultures of the past.

Fun fact, they're adding a MENA category for 2020. Originally, MENA-Americans protested to be counted as "white", because if you were "nonwhite" the government could legally treat you like shit and deny you citizenship. Now they're campaigning to be included as their own group, because they don't feel like "white" accurately describes them socially, and there's no longer a legal reason to want to be "white". I wonder how many people will identify that way. I'm guessing 1% of the population, maybe 1.5%, considering that Jews will probably still list themselves as white.

Cause Italians are white

this
>can't survive 10 minutes in the mediterranean summer without dying of a heatstroke
>"WE WUZ MEDS N SHEIIIT"

sure they are, giuseppe

nice shitpost, Ahmed

What did he mean by this ?
twitter.com/BassrieAyd

This is the single funniest thing I've ever read

LA CREATURA

WE WUZ KANGZ N SHEIT
HAY JAMARCUS LOOK AT THIS SCULPtuRE I PAINTED BLACK OLTO IT HAZ BLUE EYES N SHEIT HAHA I WILL BAIT WITH THIS ON Veeky Forums