P-pls save me fitness community!

>p-pls save me fitness community!

How many shitty youtubers are going to have to find a real job or kill themselves thanks to the new ad policies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u9lxaV-VS0E
youtu.be/8l5qJk_bWZ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't know, don't care.

You care enough to reply to the thread.

Can someone shop the JUST hair onto him pls. hes already got the look down

I love it.

h3h3 quit yesterday.

Explain pls. Too retarded to look it up.

What changed? I don't follow youtube garbage

Youtubers don't get money.

Basically hundreds of brands are pulling out of youtube after they found their ads appearing next to "extremist" content.

To combat this youtube is enforcing a new policy where anything remotely controversial or anything they don't like doesn't get ads so there's no renevenue for the content creator.

Actually saw a thread on another website about this subject.

The bottom line was that if you are dumb enough to not start a business or anything aside in order to not put all your eggs in one basket, you channel deserve to die.

So, he actually just does it for the money or what ? Could you sump it up for me, please ? Too lazy to watch his video.

>calls out Muslims for the savage pedophiles they are
Literally /ourguy/

a while ago, google started cracking down on "controversial" content on youtube by removing the ability to monetize content from selected channels.

this faggot does a pretty good job at explaining the whole shitfest:
youtube.com/watch?v=u9lxaV-VS0E

>mfw safe space and brand safe are two sides of the same shekel
>mfw if you're not taking circumcised cock past you uvula you're literally hitler

lefties reaping what they sow

They can just move to vid.me

fpbp

Christ, even fitness tubers are hit? Pretty much all I watch on youtube are shit talking social commentary channels and off-colour entertainers, so obviously all of them are freaking out. The fuck do fitness channels have to worry about?

That wont get them their revenue back. They basically have to start all over

He has such a punchable face

Except what's funny is restricted mode recently attempted to make youtube a safe space for people who hate the queers. So who knows what the fuck is going on.

>mfw Pepsi pulls all advertising from youtube, then makes an ad and just fucking uploads it to youtube instead

Holy fuck that mental gymnastics.

Yes the market has responded to economic forces. No it is not different to TV and billboards.

*political forces

He sometimes talks about stuff like politics so hes on the bad goym list. Eventually, though, this will hit all non-corporate youtubers in order to turn youtube into corporate TV

There are silver linings! He is such a mentally ill fuck face. If there is a vegan who has the OPPOSITE intended effect, it is him.

DAE U CARE CUZ U COMMENT XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Can we already kill this retarded argument?

H3 didn't quit YouTube he just expressed concern for the future of his channel

Oh, has there been legislation made by politicians? Retards whining about the market, fucking hell.

a bunch of gun channels were hit as well.
you know, dudes talking about tacticool gear, sperging out about different calibers, and shooting target dummies at the range while ranting about gun law.

at this point, jewgles political agenda behind this whole shit is pretty fucking obvious.

Kek, so people can't make money out of calling people names and being obnoxious fuckers anymore, what a shame

I also saw a video on 1791L that this starts with Wall Street Journal and some guy with a patent for "screening" "bad" content. Basically, it's an all out war between older media and google because of news and media fragmentation.

hmmm, its like they'll have to do it part time, like a hobby of sorts.
fucking crazy that someone can live off just making youtube videos

Finally saw the video.

Youtuber seems to give a lot of importance to money, which is normal though. But i thougth the idea of doing it for the love of it rather than for money was more spread.

Has anybody lost money from their ads appearing on 'controversial content'? No?
If it wasn't for journalists complaining, none of this would've happened, the companies dont give a shit.

It is, just not with huge channels. Lots of people with hundreds of thousands of subscribers do that as a full time job. Some people even have whole production teams working with them.

99.9% of "youtube fitness" is complete and total shit.

im glad it happened. too many fucks were bragging about making careers out of being a youtuber.

>No?
Stop trying to answer your own retard questions. Yes they have lost money. If they hadn't why would they give a shit? Journalists are also not politicians, they do their jobs, consumers make decisions, the market reacts.

Reminder that nobody making youtube videos deserves to make money, you have the classic retarded millenial attitude to this shit.

welp time for a pay cut.
but i don't see how h3h3 needs to worry about a production team. when he used just to record himself like sam hyde screaming at shit

Why? Are you sick of it being used to expose how much you care about everything, you bleeding heart faggot?

TLDR
>begs for money because he only gets 1.5k ad revenue a month now (no proof shown)
>expects to get at least 2k a month from patreon claims not to be happy with thayt amount
>claims 4k a month would make his videos better and asks viewers to donate more
>says one of benefits of patreon is live streams which he said he hasn't done for months

youtu.be/8l5qJk_bWZ0

This is the real motivation for companies. Why pay for ads in other people's videos when you can just upload your own for free?

It's a living

>People providing the service of entertainment to others shouldn't be financially rewarded

>mfw I have never even seen an ad on youtube because what are adblockers?

If they're good st it why not get a real job with it? Oh yeah because they're shite

>Hurr durr if you're not gobbling Abraham Goldestein's cock all day you don't have a real job

They were being paid, dumbass. Eventually enough of them will shift a different platform and youtube will slide in obsolescence.

Tbh this might be a good thing. Shit stain channels like his and stuff that is just flaming and starting drama might go away and when it all condenses the good stuff might come back strong. Still pretty dumb though. I just hope Rich isn't effected I NEED THE AD REVENUE SO I CAN DO 8 HOUR ARMS INSTEAD OF WORK GOD DAMNIT RIGHR BABE!?!?

check top comment. its mine

Fucking normies never use an adblocker. It's weird because they often know about an adblocker and are smart enough to install it, they just don't care and seem to enjoy watching ads.

Watching an ad or commercial triggers the hell out of me. I feel like my time is being stolen from me.

I can tell you think you're really smart and everyone else is a retard, man, but you're wrong on this one.

They give a shit because pressure from the media can make them seem bad, but if it wasn't for the journalists, nobody gives a shit about ads on 'controversial' content. Not the customers, not the companies, nobody.

If I didn't know better I'd say you have a dog in this race, you're getting pretty riled up.

That's capitalism, nignog. Plenty of people make a living through entertainment.

>Reminder that nobody making youtube videos deserves to make money,

>person who consistently provides entertainment for literally millions of people doesn't deserve to make money for this

You're retarded mate.

He thinks true fitizens aren't rejoicing the le memefags will be starved of their joobucks. Get back to work wage slaves

The bubble had to burst eventually. Im glad personally. Turning into a 'safe space' is going to hurt them and open up room in the market.

Youtubers who get targeted are people who talk about shit that the media ignores or suppresses.
Corruption of the establishment, things like the refugee crisis, BLM and Brexit, Islam, most people would never be presented and alternative viewpoint without Youtubers talking about them.

>Yes they have lost money
Source?
The only people seeing Coke ads on racist videos are people who seek out racist videos for entertainment. I don't think they'll be very offended.

>If they hadn't why would they give a shit?
Public image. When a journalist of a large old media organisation comes to you and says they're breaking a story that your brand is appearing on racist content and asks you for a comment, implicitly threatening to smear you as endorcing racism unless you give them a good dick-stroking scoop about ads being pulled, then your comment is probably going to be "SHUT IT ALL DOWN."

Meanwhile the youtube gays and trendy trannies still have their ads

Fit gets its ad revenue cucked by homsexuals

It's literally 5 seconds, you weirdo. 15 tops.

When you see a lot of videos, it adds up fast.

found the normie cuck who willingly swallows the corporate propaganda

Not only that, but Muslim hate preachers, SJW retards who think there are 67 genders and all white people are racist, they all get to keep theirs ads as well.
This is blatant social engineering.

Visibility. You can upload a video for free, but the average person isn't going to actively seek out some bullshit Tide advertisement. There's value in forcing your video in front of eyes

>makes more than teachers, officers, etc. just by sitting on their asses and making a 10 minute video once a week

Fine, let's just stop watching youtube.

I agree, plenty of other platforms out there

It's not bursting, people are more interested in youtube than ever. Which is why it's being attacked by old media who can't stand idly by and watch new money succeed while they die. They can't live knowing that fucking Philip DeFranco has twice the reach than their entire organisation, and that hoards of obscure, pseduo-intellectual social commentators have more youtube subscribers than they do just from talking shit alone in their basement.
Pewdiepie is the pigtails to the millennial's little girl, and old media just wants some attention.

>those big corporations are all under the thumb of those stupid SJWs!
Tinfoil hats at the ready!

Corporations are not in the business of losing money. They have judged that their brand is harmed by the prior placement of ads, and the brand for most western companies is by far the most valuable part of the business.

On a side note, do you honestly believe that Coca cola is advertising to let you know they exist? Nobody in the world p much is going to look at a coca cola ad and think "gee whizz I've never heard of that spiffy drink before maybe I ought to try it out". They are trying to project a very particular image which they believe (for good reason) will bring them the most revenue. This btw is the same company that killed a bunch of people a few years back by irrepairably destroying farmland.

You can make the same argument about most jobs in finance.

You could say that about pretty much any rich person. It's not news that the backbones of society are treated like garbage, that's not fucking youtuber's faults you bitter tard.

>wages should be decided by how useful I consider the profession

Fuck off commie faggot

Read Waldon. Even just the introduction. You can be a poor Injun breaking your back making baskets nobody wants, nobody has to buy them, you are not entitled to any money for any shitty effort you fart out. Not even Marx argued this level of anti-capitalism, just to give you some perspective.

Yeah, but that commie faggot makes more sense than "I tried hard, gib monies plox" you dumbass millenial.

Their brand is at risk of being harmed by journalists and SJW's threatening to create a shitstorm over ad placement. Ads being on "controversial" videos is not actually hurting their brand at all, its the SJW response to it that is threatening their brand.

>>those big corporations are all under the thumb of those stupid SJWs!
WSJ, not SJW. Large, powerful news organisation, not attention seeking college kid.

>They have judged that their brand is harmed by the prior placement of ads
Right. Because large news organisations made clear threats.
It's not a fucking coincidence that this all happened at the exact same time among a fuckton of different brands.
Obviously they don't want their content on racist shit in general, but that wasn't a huge problem until media decided to make it a problem and forced a grand gesture.

>This btw is the same company that killed a bunch of people a few years back by irrepairably destroying farmland.
lol, story?

>"I tried hard, gib monies plox"

What? How about "I managed to reach an audience of millions with the content I create and companies are willing to pay me good money to advertise to that audience".

You're just jealous because you haven't managed to do what they do.

That's what will eventually happen. The glorious free market will prevail.

>you are not entitled to any money for any shitty effort you fart out
Right. Which is why it's stupid to complain that some youtubers make more money than other people.

There's a difference between acting like someone deserves money, and acting like someone deserves to have that money taken away from them. No one is arguing for the former, just against the latter. Whether you like it or not, youtubers happen to provide a service that can be monetised, so it gets monetised.

>people should act in the arbitrary ways I decide
Are they breaking the law? Further to that, the "other" side are kicking up a fuss, it just happens that the big companies must consider the SJW opinion to be more important than theirs.

That's a pretty shitty place to be in, where your opinions are valued less than a bunch of SJWs and you cry about not being able to make money off faggy videos.

It's accurate though. Being pissed or trying to show how much you don't care by posting shows that you do care to a degree.

If you truly, 100% did not care, you would have continued scrolling down the page, instead of replying to this thread. You care.

>and companies are willing to pay me good money to advertise to that audience
That's the part that's not true tho isn't it. This whole thingbis about companies not wanting to pay ad money to these fags.

Rich, sit on your hands.

They tapped an aquifer in India about 10 years ago and made a very large area of prime farmland into US-tier dustbowl. I think they've been kicked out of India as of last year.

I have no idea what you are talking about

>This whole thingbis about companies not wanting to pay ad money to these fags.
No, that's a separate issue. You made this about whether being a youtuber is inherently deserving of any money it's generated when you said
>Reminder that nobody making youtube videos deserves to make money, you have the classic retarded millenial attitude to this shit.

They made money, now they're not making so much money. That's life. Arguing that people don't deserve anything they ever managed to make in the first place via monetiseable entertainment work is just retarded.

The ol millenial denial trick.

Nah this whole thing is about companies not wanting their company names printed on headlines like "Company runs ads on racist alt-right videos!".

>The only people seeing Coke ads on racist videos are people who seek out racist videos for entertainment. I don't think they'll be very offended.
There was also BBC ads playing in front of ISIS videos, meaning that the British govt was funding ISIS with ad revenue. Advertisers have wanted more control over their ad placement for years but YouTube being an effective monopoly didn't respond. This was just an opportunity exploited by all involved. Also, these massive corporations are jumping on the regressive left bandwagon, Pepsi's latest ad with Kendel Jenner handing out pepsi at an SJW protest and all

>millenial
>millenial
>millenial
>millenial

its getting kinda stale mate

>Reminder no one deserves to make money online through content and passion.......EXCEPT ME.

Just stop. I can feel your jealousy and butthurt from a mile anyway. I know it might be hard to imagine, working at taco bell and all, but some people are smart and creative and deserve respect.

>hurr durr spoiled millenials

Yes, wanting people to be able to create content and be compensated for it. How unreasonable! How spoiled! You create something and get money, in the marketplace of ideas and videos, and get paid. If you can't see why one paranoid journalist worried about anudda shoah should be able to change all that, you're full of it.

Wow, you know you fucked up when India, fucking "60% of out citizens don't have access to toilets" India, doesn't want you.

Wtf I love vegangainz now

>2017
>People still don't use ad block

If ISIS receives ad revenue from Youtube then Youtube is funding a terrorist organisation and should be liable to prosecution.

Why are wage cucks always trying to push their shitty way of life onto those who are free of the Jewish wage slave system?
>huurrrrr he doesn't work 12 hour days for salary making mr.shekelstein rich, what a loser!

I've been thinking about getting rid of ublock if it could help stop youtubers from having to shill products in their videos.

I'd rather have a 15 second ad at the start than listen to someone shill dollar shave club for a minute in the middle of the video.

desu I don't know how youtube dug themselves into this hole. The way professional youtubers operate, it's pretty fucking easy to tell the difference between a legit channel and some chucklefuck uploading ISIS videos.

I don't get why they don't just place stricter standards on what someone has to do to become monetised. It used to be a big deal for a channel to apply to 'become a youtube partner,' and succeed. Now people talk about it like they just have to tick a box that says 'monetise', like it's just inevitable that they'll start making ad revenue.

And now youtube's handling it the complete wrong way, hitting the biggest creators who drive the most traffic to the site the worst, while all the liveleak tier shit is as obscure as it ever was.

Nah, that wasn't me. I do think that some professions are more important than the market values them at, but all my arguments thus far have been tediously pro market capitalist i.e. if you're no longer getting ad money, tough shit. Change move on etc.

If I wanted to target unfairness I'd go after shit like pay day loan companies and crappy "fitness" equipment and the like. Youtube generally works well for what it is, maybe people spend too long wasting time on there sometimes but hell it makes money and has some shit of value so w/e. From what I hear as well PewDiePie is the vast vast exception. Hank Green, John Green's bro, says he's only barely broken even over the years.

lolwut does youtube have ads?

>people who hate queers protected

Well it'd be politically incorrect to block all Muslim chanels

>Now people talk about it like they just have to tick a box that says 'monetise'

Because that's pretty much all you do. I've made shitty form videos that I post here occasionally, and in the settings there's literally a section you check to place ads on your video, assuming it doesn't break copyright or something.

Are you aware of how advertising works friendo?