Why is it the norm for former fatfags to gain the weight back after a successful weight loss program?

why is it the norm for former fatfags to gain the weight back after a successful weight loss program?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adipocyte
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because they learned their eating habits over 20+ years.

Its not something that can be shaken permanently without a lot of discipline, over years.

because they are disgusting fat fucks who once they lose some weight go back to snacking and eating cake and shit.

If you don't want to be fat, never eat like fat you did.

Fat people tend to have an unhealthy way of thinking about food, plus a fried palate that only appreciates excessive sweetness or fat.

It's tantamount to a substance addiction and should be treated similarly. You can't stay fit and mentally well without replacing the desire for food with something else.

They believe in a "diet", as in you go on a program for 2 months, you lost weight, then you go back to normal and for some reason retain your new weight. In reality you need to change your habits, not go on a magical diet for a set amount of time

Honestly?
Because the fat cells stay when you've been fat, they're empty but they stay.
So it's easier to gain the fat back again.

Because programs don't fundamentally change the way someone views their eating habits. That's like doing SS for 6 months and then never lifting a weight again and expecting to stay strong.

Why is this not common knowledge here the fat containers will literally never go away without surgery. Once a fatty always a fatty.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adipocyte

they have an addiction to food just like how drug addicts are very likely to relapse a fat person is very likely to get fat again.

Because a weight loss """program""" means they eat healthy and exercise for a few months and then think they're done and get to keep their new body while going back to the old habits that got them fat in the first place.

see I can't believe this... how can someone put in all the work (which be real, for a lazy fatty is a lot of work to them) and then revert to eating the same way they did with absolutely no intervention?

maybe a bad week, but two months of consistent garbage to get back to their starting point?

very strange, very strange

Changing eating habits is really fucking hard, I used to be very underweight and keep slipping back into not eating. Just got to fight it.

they are just constantly feeling the compulsion to eat i was a fatty and lost 70 lbs over a year ago and i still only feel satisfied when im bulking. cutting is torture and maintenance is just constant uncomfort.

>Waah why eating less for two weeks wont make me fit for the rest of my life?

talk about no face gains

wouldn't have mattered, this is him a year later

you're eating wrong kind of foods, that's why 95% of people fail or jojo back their weight eventually.

people should eat to close vegan diet, no oils, no dairy, no fatty foods. lots of rice, potatos, pasta, beans.

so everyone who isnt fat has it easy and fat people have it the worst? i dont buy that.

FUCK

>why is it the norm for former fatfags to gain the weight back after a successful weight loss program?

They go back to old habits, thinking that diets are just temporary things.

Your body always reflects your lifestyle.

"Wow i lost 12lbs i should treat myself tee hee"
3 days of binging on ice cream and fast food later
"Well i shouldn't really eat this entire bag of donuts but i'm going for a run later so i'll burn it off tee hee"

It's called fatlogic

I have a fat friend who keeps doing meme diets and thinking he can eat how he likes if he does daily bike rides
I said to him he won't lose weight until he monitors his cico and should look up how little calories cardio burns
His response 'different things work for different people'

>pasta
>no dairy

Nice try shlomo

>people should eat to close vegan diet, no oils, no dairy, no fatty foods. lots of rice, potatos, pasta, beans.

Because they are following the newest meme diet (like keto or IF) to lose weight. But these diets aren't sustainable. So when they are at a healthy weight, they stop doing those shitty diets and start falling back into their old eating habits.

If you've been obese but lost the weight all the fat containers stay making it easier for the body to fill up those containers again

Old habits die hard
/thread

Kthnx pceout bye sith lords

you guys talk shit about these diets, but they're most sustainable than a fast food diet, which is what is making most normies fat these days

the best thing one can do for weight loss is view food as a chore rather as a pleasure

basically this

that and years upon years of habit and poor advice which has convinced them beyond the point of logic that weight loss is supposed to be done in extremely difficult and temporary bouts

>you're eating wrong kind of foods, that's why 95% of people fail or jojo back their weight eventually.
correct
>people should eat to close vegan diet, no oils, no dairy, no fatty foods. lots of rice, potatos, pasta, beans.
incorrect

>TFW 2.5 year cut
>TFW down 100lbs and broke sweet fatty shit food addiction

Starting my first true bulk today, we are all gonn make it

So if i bulk now i wont gain muscle but only fat? Sounds retarded as shit

Which part of "easier" are you having difficulty with?

He probably did it for his acting career though.

If I loose weight, and then just eat like a decent human being(and having a cheat meal like once a month) and keep working out (like running every morning), will I gain all my fat? Because that is what I had in mind to do.

Because they don't change their lifestyle. Their diet and training program are temporary inconveniences that they no longer follow once they've lost it al, and fall back into old patterns afterward. It doesn't help that they approach weight loss and fitness like a regimented boot camp that forces them to drop everything else in life, so to them it is impossible to incorporate preparing their own meals and exercising into their daily lives.

>view food as a chore

Bullshit that will just cause them to binge and be tempted by anything slightly tasteful. That mindset is just as unsustainable. The best thing they can do is learn how to pick satiating food with low calorie ingredients that will satisfy them.

>be ex whale
>somehow made it to 12/14%
>fully aware im probably gonna balloon back up eventually due to my HUGE appetite
>lean bulk like 10ish KG, still similar bodyfat%
>way easier to maintain

honestly, lifting weights/building muscle will completely halt this stupid cycle of gaining and losing weight.

I'm not blaming muh genetics but I definitely had to raise my base bodyweight to comfortably maintain.

it's not easy to adopt this mindset but it is possible, and is a surefire way to success

this was my average meal a year and half ago, now I often have to force myself to eat, and mostly i fill my meals with a protein shake mixed with barley grass, alfalfa grass, wheat grass, chlorella, dulse, spinach, broccoli, kale ect.

i tried it your way and it doesn't work, when you're addicted to garbage you have to learn to hate food, all food, and dim your taste buds

/thread

Sounds more like an unhealthy relationship with food, but as long as you aren't binging on comfort food when you can't take it anymore like most wouldnin your situation then I guess it's not so bad. I personally have smoothies with oats, chia seed, frozen fruit, spinach, cocoa powder, milk + a protein source and find it more satisfying and pleasurable then any sort of the junk I could be having instead.

Because it's not taken as a life changing decision. Speaking from experience I lost 37kg two years, put back 20, currently 11kg down from there. This time around I'm doing everything right, I'll kill myself before I put another kg on.

two years ago*

They don't change their lifestyle, they follow a plan. Then they don't read the last few chapters of the plan and figure it just ends there and you're free and clear.

Most fatties (former fatty myself) rebound because of this. Crash dieting into something but not lifting weights or not living better in general.

You need to be ready and able to change your life. Put the time in, slog it through. Sucks balls but that's the price you pay for a 6 pack. I'd rather be dead than fat again.

of course it's an unhealthy relationship, that's what the obesity epidemic is all about... people aren't getting fat off quality food or sensible servings

the thing is, if you've spent your childhood and beyond as a regular fastfood eater, depending on your personality you're not going to recover if you try to replace your diet with homecooked healthy, sensible means and try to tell yourself it's better than the garbage you were eating before

maybe for some people it works, but i'm 23 and I've struggled trying to lose weight since I was 16, I've been @ a normal weight for my height for 7 months because I decided to think of food with pure hatred, and that there's nothing good about it

i doubt that's solution healthy to begin with, but if you had a shitty diet for the majority of your life, it may be the only option if you actually want to lose the weight and "eat healthy"

it's the personality of a alcoholic, some people just can't deal with moderation and have to train the brains to view it as a absolute shit to progress

I was morbidly obese, now I'm within 5 lbs of healthy according to my doctor. I learned to satisfy myself with healthy food by feeling good that I wasn't eating like a fat fuck. I guess that's not good enough for most fatasses.

I did this, am paying for it

Because they always forget that you only have two choices once you lose the weight:
1. Never stop counting calories until you die.
2. FUCKING LIFT HEAVY so that you're power-lifter swole instead of just fat.

Because adipose tissue never goes away. The fat cells are there waiting to soak up fat again the second you're not paying attention.

>Lost 100 pounds
>Buy a bunch of clothes, start lifting, looking pretty fucking good
>Injure leg
>Use injury as excuse to stop lifting, keep eating like I was lifting again, then stop counting calories altogether
>Year later, 40 pounds up again

God
Fucking
Damnit

It's not like thin people don't have those cells too. If you get Lipo and then gain fat, it gets concentrated in your organs because you've removed the subcutaneous fat cells, and organ fat is why you want to be thin to be healthy.

Liposuction can get rid of the fat that hurts your aesthetics, but it can't help you with the fat that hurts your heart and liver.

Even skelly mode people have adipose tissue, it's just that the fatbags on someone with low body fat percentage are the size of regular cells.

for me it is an unhealthy relationship. I ate like garbage most of my life and only this year i took strides to change that. I lost 35 pounds but i think i gained like 5 after not actively doing anything to prevent myself from eating crap and being lazy again. Im hiking tomorrow though so theres that. couldn't do that before without huge pain.

So I guess you're trying to say that you would be overeating regardless, and that the fast food just exacerbates the weight gain due to its accessibility. The healthy alternatives just make it harder to gain as much weight for you since they aren't so calorie dense and are more filling to a degree. Basically it's an eating disorder.

Not exactly the same as the above but still similar to an extent

it is a eating disorder... it's alcoholism but for food, you're not going to repair the relationship, you have to severe the relationship entirely... which obviously isn't possible, but you can learn to hate food as a whole with enough effort and cognitive training

it's not ideal, but for real fatfucks, depending on their personality traits, it's the best option

>3 year cut in June
>150lbs down
>50 more to go
I'll make it, just now getting through the ED that put me up so fast
>tfw gained 200lbs in a year and could easily do it again

what the fuck are you talking about dude... everyone has a set amount of adipocyte cells, you don't gain more when you get fat, and they shrink as you lose fat

it's not even summer and people are this dumb

imo fatties can eat shitty (almost) all the time whenever they want.
Isn't fat just excess energy after all? They just need to be more active and not "lol I jogged for half an hour, I deserve this". If they just built and maintained muscle, all that excess energy will go to better use.

> pocket sub

Lmfao
Nice catch