I am getting surgery done to remove three fourths of my stomach

I am getting surgery done to remove three fourths of my stomach.

It's called VSG or vertical sleeve gastrectomy. Pic related.

The idea behind it is that the stomach is actually a hormone secreting organ, in addition to being a digestive food organ. The stomach is primarily responsible for secreting the hunger hormone grhelin. If you remove a large portion of the stomach, you also remove your body's ability to secrete the hunger inducing hormone ghrelin.

Less stomach tissue = less ghrelin = less appetite

Ask me anything you want. I'm especially interested in speaking with people that think this is the "easy way out" or a form of "cheating".

All my best

How much weight do you plan to lose?

My mom got this shit. Guess what, she still needs to clean up her diet and eat better. Which she isn't doing because like you, she assumed this was going to do the work for her.

In reality she lost the ability to ansorb nutrients and vitamins effectively (as will you, have fun with multivitamins for the rest of your life).

Deny all you want but it is the losers way out.

>people that think this is the "easy way out" or a form of "cheating".

Well, it is. That's not an opinion.

How does it feel to have no self control

Op here:

Here's the way I look at it:

It's well-known that the hormone testosterone is a significant factor contributing to ones sex drive. People with low T might have problems such as depression, low muscle tone, poor relationships, etc. Likewise people with high T might have problems such as aggressive behavior, excessive risk taking, overly active sex drive to the point of making bad decisions (cheating, prostitutes, Craigslist hookups, etc). It's also well known that a person's natural level of testosterone varies widely among different people. Some people have a lower than normal amount, some people have a normal amount, and some people have a higher than normal amount.

The hunger hormone ghrelin works the same way. There are some people that exist with a higher level of baseline hunger than your average person, and for those people it can be something that causes them a lot of trouble in there life.

Imagine it this way: What if someone asked you to suppress your sex drive and only orgasm once per week. Do you think he would be successful doing that? Maybe perhaps for two weeks, but what about for the rest of your life? Probably not, right? The reason is because the hormone is simply too compelling to constantly fight against it. It is something deep down inside of you that drives your very existence. To try and fight against it, is to try and fight against human nature.

But what if there was a way to reduce the amount of testosterone in your body? If you took a drug that was a testosterone blocker, then suddenly your sex drive is a lot lower, and you would easily be able to accomplish the task.

You know, I think they make medicine that lessens the brains reaction to that hormone. Either way, little silly to undergo surgery on a vital organ just because you're an undisciplined lazy fuck, OP. Your laziness and unwillingness to take action and change your life for the better will seep into the rest of your life, where there are perhaps no immediate ways out by way of putting yourself under the knife. This will be your first step into degeneracy and sloth, and there's no turning back thereafter. Is this the path you really want to take? Assuming you don't just get unlucky and die of complications from a needless surgery to a vital organ before you even get a chance to begin.

>people that think this is the "easy way out" or a form of "cheating".
Are you saying it's not?

And you do still have to learn to eat correctly. Otherwise, over time, you will effectively undo your surgery by stretching your stomach back out to its original size.

You also can (and most likely will) defeat the whole purpose of limiting meal size by eating more smaller snacks throughout the day.

OP here part 2:

That's the main idea behind VSG surgery. Some folks in the world have higher levels of ghrelin, and consequently, higher levels of baseline hunger. This can cause them problems in their life. We can advise those people to try to fight against their own hormones, but realistically, they're not likely to be successful. The other option is to remove the body organ that produces the excessive hormone, and solve the problem for good.

this has got to be bait

6/10 jimmies have reacted

Why don't you just eat less.

>Ghrelin levels in the plasma of obese individuals are lower than those in leaner individuals, suggesting that ghrelin does not contribute to obesity

>However, it is also found that consumption of food for pleasure increased peripheral levels of both ghrelin and the endocannabinoid 2-arachidonoyl-glycerol (2-AG) in healthy humans, and this hedonic eating influences food intake and, ultimately, body mass.

Sure keep blaming hormones for your lack of self control

Billions of men world over do suppress their sexual desire - hence low rapes in every group aside from out of control subhumans. Furthermore testosterone has actual physiological effects on things like placing muscle and growth - """ghrelin""" doesn't. It doesn't make you fat, you giving in does.

Hunger demonstrably reduces when someone reduces what they eat - it isnt fixed. When people begin to starve to death they almost stop feeling hunger at all.

There is literally no defence for your laziness and i cant wait for you to start stuffing your face in smaller, constant meals post-surgery.

>actually getting "I have no self control: the surgery"

My aunt got this about ten years ago. Yeah she's skinnier now, but guess what, she's still fat and malnourished because she eats like shit.

sounds stupid, it's easier and cheaper to just eat better

btw
what happens if you stuff your face after the surgery?
Does your stomach burst or do you puke?

Absorption does not happen in the stomach, but rather in the intestines. What can happen, though, is that your food is not exposed to enough acid to denature it into absorbable components. The same thing can happen to people who take time daily for chronic acid reflux.

>altering you hormones to gain more muscle = ok
>altering your hormones to lose weight = not ok

Stay logical, Veeky Forums!

I take multis. Whats wrong with that nigga

>Implying there isnt controversy among Veeky Forums about steroids

Will that fix my addiction to alcohol and sugar?

removing your stomach and taking drugs are two different things.

>Cheaper
Yes
>easier
No

keep in mind that you are basically giving yourself a handicap if you do this.

I know a person who had this and he's now weak as fuck and unable to look good or lift heavy.

which is pretty obvious cause he let the second most important part of his body cut out.

seriously you are retarded if you do this

to add to this there are easier ways to shrink your stomach. Do fasting for example. you don't need to get part of yourself removed. You are setting yourself up for a life of weakness and no gains.

Enjoy your b12 deficiency dumbass. Look up pernicious anemia, it is in your future. Your stomach secretes intrinsic factor which you need. If you remove 3/4 of stomach, you are fucking screwed. Enjoy your life of pain you weak fat ass.

I disagree with people roiding to put on a natty amount of muscle. You should put in the effort and get in the best possible shape first and most people agree with that.

There is no 'natty' limit to having little fat.