/uni/ thread!

/uni/ thread!
State your degree and how good/bad your gym is / advice on how to get gf (I need this)
Any other dyels from my area browsing Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

universityfitnesscenter.com/facility/amenties
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone a student at UGA right now?

I'm commited already, going here next year as a froshman

>tfw almost every Oxford college has its own tiny private gym

Its great. There are only ~6 of us who use it, so I can just rock up and lift in a onsie, a croptop, listen to vaporwave on the gym speakers, just do whatever the fuck i want

Oxbridge reeeh

Alright, what's the easiest way for me to get into Oxford. Apart from rerolling for rich parents.
What do you study btw?

Adelaide uni engi pleb reporting in, g'day cunts.

I study Physics.

The most useful thing in terms of getting in is to actually enjoy your subject (or spend a lot of effort faking it). Having your own niche areas of interest, your own subject-related hobbies/projects, having some favourite historical figures you can talk about, that will all help a lot.

And obviously you have to put in the time to perfect the rote schoolwork.

any cuny fags here?

my ex goes to that uni. What are you studying op?

What did you get in your A-levels?

Ayy

grats lad, wish i had the drive to go to oxbridge

UVA (engineering), AFC is has pretty good weightroom

K E E L E

I think I know you from the other thread. Were you in that thread today about "negative things about being Veeky Forums"

Isn't virginia tech better for engineering? (but UVA is still a high quality school all around)

My offer was A*AA
I got A*A*A* in maths, further maths and physics

In GSCE i got 8 A*s and 1 B.

nope

anyone?

Purdue boys wya?

>In corec last week
>In oly room
>Smell thick scent of shit
>Later
>Near machines
>Once again smell thick scent of shit

Which one of you has been forgetting their squat plug?

Yeah, it's better there pretty sure. I actually got into engineering there as well, but I just liked UVA overall better in terms of the area and atmosphere, also I'm not only into STEM stuff and wanted the extra options. I figured the difference in engineering quality wasn't big enough to make me choose VT.

Any Sheffield here? 3rd year maths reporting in

I do weights at a friends house (barbell, plates and bench only, 2 months since I started I'm trash) since I heard goodwin was pricey as shit.

Computer Science pham

University of Nottingham, pretty good gyms seeing as though there are 3 of them. Jubilee always packed during term time
Mechanical Engineering
Go out and get drunk to find a gf

UFRGS

Surrey Sports Park is a 5 minute walk from my accommodation (at least this year) + student membership pricing, feelsgood

Left Sheffield 3 years ago. Now work in Venture Capital in the City.

Goodwin is fine and has just enough space. If you're up near Crookes there's a few more gyms too, reasonably priced.

Stop being a cunt. Your mate's barbells will get you no where.

You looking for /tv/ lad?

Plymouth, anyone?

Plymouth here, thinking of switching from Puregym to Engine Room to escape the normies

first name?

I go to Purdue hoe

My boy, did my undergrad there the STV is the best gym I have ever used

Major? Actuarial Science here. Sucks to not be in engineering

Rhys

forgot to mention Usyd
Also where the fuck are you guys

University of Michigan here boys. There are two main gyming areas, and both seem okay. Some people forget to clean up which sucks, but oh well. It's generally nice at the time i go.

Please give gf help guys. currently chubby on diet. dropped 10 lbs and counting.

i'd honestly be surprised desu

uni gym is fucking shit and in the middle of nowhere, even though it's dirt cheap everyone (me included) ends up going someplace else

Le about to get expelled, then gonna find jobbo/s or commit sudoku! Fucking diabetes cutting my options for alternatives short.
Are we gonna make it?
(it's don't even matter)

uwf here

add me on facebook m9 /will.hurd.1

although our gym is tiny, we're still better than
>lincoln center

Doubt there's anyone
>tfw Shitsconsin

Applied Communication

Never been to their gym. Technically a junior. Back in school after a few years because my employer is paying for it. I look forward to hearing from everyone telling me I should change my major to computer science or engineering.

sup little brother

SPACfags where we at

Yes about to graduate though. Go dawgs!

I'm going to go to university of Portsmouth in a few months.
Currently in the military. Mind giving me your kik/whatever? I have questions.
Thanks bud

Eyy senpai

Who /sheepshagger/ here?
Gym fairly modern, though expensive subs and not ideal for power liftan. Advice on gf? Just bee urself

o-o-okay senpai...

lufbra repping
>where are my powerbase bros

Holy shit first time I've seen Pompey mentioned, what gym user? Is the uni gym any good? I've only ever been to pure

Not OP but can answer questions. I'm on placement atm but going back in couple of months

>Economics
>Never been in it because I got to a local gym and the amount of people there makes me uncomfortable
>Be social, go hang with friends who know people, get involved in sports and clubs

good stuff, fresher NatSci here

Could be better

Bump

Go Cards baby! Switching to nursing in the fall.

No,you don't understand. I will need a person to show me the place. Cheap shops,roads to avoid,etc.
That being said,I need someone there.

what gym do you go to lad?

Cs

I go to TheGym in fratton

Any fellow Coogs? I lift off campus but hey

UoS Jubilee, way too crowded in term time desu need to find another

Listening to Vaporwave while lifting? That shit mellows me out.

3rd year sheffag politics checking in

Goodwin is expensive shit. If you're near Crookes try Gym Plus, if you ask they have a three day free trial thing. It's pretty small but has just about all you need.

UVA is a more preistouges school than VT anyways.

fuck i cant spell

OIII LADS WHERE ARE YOU
[spoiler] STV is a shit gym imo, for a sporty uni it's so cramped [/spoiler]

Stauvens
Varsity weight room is sweet, running track so I can get in there

Going in here in September bros, how are the gyms? I hear the new sports facilities are being constructed.

visited a mate there the other day. New gym is looking good youre in for a treat lad.

If youre going for a bulk the all you cab eat chinese near the bullring are top top tier

Cheers lad. I had a friend tell me that Chinese food was God tier for fitness cause you can use it to bulk and also cut depending on quantity (obviously this applies to everything but you can't really go on a cut on cheeseburgers)

Any Tar Heels here?

Computer Science
Gym is pretty good because it's my room :^)

UAH, gym is fucking great but usually crowded cause all the old engineers from Research Park and NASA come there in the afternoon. pretty fucking sweet though

>Aerobic Room
>Decent Machine/Rack Room
>Multiple B-Ball courts
>Indoor swimming pool
>Upstairs Jogging track in the B ball gym

Here's a link so you can look at it universityfitnesscenter.com/facility/amenties

degree = Comp engineering

Where my fellow huskies at?

Hi

Yeah m8, junior rn. It's a good school if you're cool with a big school. Woof.

Anyone trying to hit up mem tonight at 9 for pull day?

BROTHER

Fucking gym is a madhouse. I use the small gym in my neighborhood when I'm not lifting heavy at the school gym.

>Bachelor of Exercise and Nutrional Sciences
>checked out the gym
>it's 80% cardio machines
>when I was there last there was only 2 squat racks for a gym that'd easily have 200 people in there at a time
>so many Asians how can't even lift the fkn bar
>they all wear designer clothes to gym as if that shit isn't $300 for a t-shirt
>no one had a towel
>every station was covered in sweat even it looked like they weren't even working out
>would not recommend

Are open uni degrees worse than regular physical degrees? Seen as worse or less employable? I mean the uks open uni

a degree is a degree mate, unless youre looking to get into a magic circle (or similar) grad scheme many employers arent too interested about where you come from; all theyre concerned about is what your potential is and how much bumlicking you can do

Any Bournemouth Uni bros here? Fuck off AUB

adding to this: pick a respectable degree not some management science bullshit.

>degree
aerospace engineering
>gym good/bad
The main gym and the rec center are always crowded as fuck. However, there's a lesser known gym which is chill af desu
>how to get gf
I wouldn't know. However, I'm going to go eat with a girl tomorrow, hopefully that means something

Transferring there for the Fall 2017 semester. Still finding housing and whatever. Anyone else?

I'm deciding between open uni or bournemouth. Everything's better in bournemouth.

Enrolled for next fall, how is the gym here?

Bournemouth as a town is pretty good, got everything you need, nightlife is pretty good too. If you do go, in first year do halls not a house: halls is live, and freshers lasts about a month. Go Dorchester though, its the best halls without a doubt. The uni is pretty decent as well, all modern, just got some yuge new building built.

What course would you be going for? Currently 2nd yr Finance and Econ, going into placement after summer.

University of Florida reporting in.
Slowly escaping skeleton-mode, went from 145lbs to 158lbs over the last year.

University of Washington reporting in.
Need a running buddy for this nice spring weather

Never seen this one posted here. But I'm going to University of Navarre next year

Never heard of it

Southwest crew?

SAC sucks balls

Yep and I also lift off campus