Want to start stronglifts

>want to start stronglifts
>told to start with empty bar
>I don't want to look like a weakling at my gym
>only lifting the bar
>women are squating 180lbs like its nothing

How do I get over my insecurities Veeky Forums? What did you do when you started?

Everyone has to start somewhere

Start from square one and just bee urself

I'm on a similar boat. Just accepted the fact that I was a weakling and that I'd look like a faggot @ the gym for a while. Doesn't mean it stopped sucking there, but it's a part of the process for us. It's temporary.

Swallow your pride and in a few years you might achieve something.

Or don't, and waste 5 years being a DYEL until you do what you should've done in the first place.

bee yourself

No one really cares OP, you're not that interesting

Those women earned the right to squat 180. This should only be drive for you to get started.

Practice the art of not giving a fuck.
Also if your technique is at least somewhat good nobody will give a fuck. You're a beginner, you're there to get stronger, accept it

these women will never hit 2pl8
yiu will in 2 months

You probably don't look like you lift

So no one is expecting you to lift

I saw this guy walk into the gym today and he benched one plate for three reps he was shaking and wobbling the bar. I thought less of him as a human being because he doesn't bench as much as me but who cares.

Lmao, this is why Veeky Forums never actually gets laid.

Fake it till you make it

Not that guy, but i'm getting laid this weekend.

Then again, I generally don't think less of those weaker than me as long as they know what their doing

>caring about what other people think of you
>self-improvement

pick one

>women are squating 180lbs like its nothing

This cunt used to give me these looks and laughs when I'd squat only 40 lbs, I'd struggle so hard cause I was very weak (still DYEL)

Now I squat way more weight then she does, she mires a lot and is trying to load more weight but can't keep up with me anymore. Fucking bitch, I remember you trying to mock me but now you're the weakling here, fuck you for your uncalled shaming tactics.

Just get out there faggot, most men don't give a fuck and the few that do are insecure faggots who feel like they must mock someone weaker than them to feel better.

>>women are squating 180lbs like its nothing
i have yet to see a woman squat any meaningful amount of weight. i would be fairly impressed if i saw this in person.

just start where youre comfortable enough to learn proper form. after a while youll realize nobody is looking at you unless youre doing something impressive.

>tfw I can bench more than I squat

Is it just a mental thing or what?

unless youre a beginner with fucked up proportions and you do a lot of work with your arms, its a mental thing or a form problem.

Don't start with the fucking bar Jesus, start with what you can lift, for some people this may be even less than the bar. Yes it may take a workout or 2 experimenting but let's say you can bench 60kg for a triple right off the bat, spending weeks working up to that is just a waste of time. And do a variation of SS written by someone who actually knows what they're doing not ducking strong lifts written by some moron

is there sexual tension

fug her

I started Stronglifts 5 weeks ago, squatting with the empty bar, not even parallel because I lacked flexibility in the hips.

Now I'm up to 140, squatting parallel, with no issues.

You can do it OP. If you're embarrassed just go to the gym at like 3am or something.

Same boat. I finally reached 1pl8 squat for 5x5, so I don't feel like a total pussy now thankfully. My OHP is still pitiful, however

lift the bar to warm up. gradually add weight until it's hard. if lifting the bar is hard, idk, kys.

You. Can. Do. It. Bro

can confirm 3year dyel who finally learned

Yeah it's normal to feel like that when you first start going. Just be aware that everyone is way too busy looking at themselves in the mirror to even care about what anyone else is doing. Literally no one will even pay attention to you.

Don't listen to what you read here on Veeky Forums. Unless you're making a complete nuisance of yourself no one cares who you are, what you're doing, or how much weight is on the bar when you do it. Its sort of like getting a new hair cut - no one cares about it nearly as much as you do.

If I see someone lifting with just the bar and clearly trying to get their form straightened out, I just assume they're new. I also think its good that they're smart enough to start with something they can handle and get the form right rather than heading to snap city on their first day.

Starting? Machines. You won't workout the stabilizers as much as free weights, but you can workout and get stronger without people really noticing your weight amount. Then you can switch to dumbbells since everyone goes low weight with dumbbells till your stabilizers catch up. Then you can go heavy with a bar.

it fucking sucks but it honestly doesnt take that long to get to a respectable amount. Everyone in the gym you go to was a dyel faggot once.

i should also add that if you look like a dyel no one expects you to move a ton of weight.

You can lock yourself in the basement and lift bags of sand, drink raw eggs for protein and hide when someone comes in, so that they don't look at your non existing gains

>triggered this much that you have to reply to a post that is unrelated to you

This.

Give her the classic hate fuck.

You will always feel self conscious when you start going to the gym, there are a few ways to go about it and the first step is to accept you'll be a skeleton for a long time.
Once you get used to people being around you then it will become noise and you won't think about it, just keep going consistently and you'll feel comfortable.

Another way is to start talking to people but DON'T be one of those fuckers that chats all the time, find a way to gradually work towards an intro.
What I mean by that, if someone is at the bar doing bench, ask if you can work in. 99% they will accept it. Then just say something like "is my form okay? I'm still learning." They'll give a bit of input. Just be friendly and keep your focus on the workout but offer them a spot next time if you see them at the bar for the last rep or so. This can lead to a convo later on when you're both finished with your workout, it's a simple way to get gym buddies if you're self conscious. But be sensible about it, talk when it's the time to talk, work when it's the time to work.

Those women aren't looking at you anyway. No one cares, it's the gym. If you follow a program and don't act like an ass hole a the gym, no one gives a shit about you. And that's a beautiful thing. You're there to improve.

gotta start from somewhere faggot.

besides, you can look back 1 year from now and either be glad you started or in the same situation, if not worse. your choice.

>uncalled shaming tactics
>cunt
>bitch
Not particularly self-aware, are you? How beta are you that you're mentally competing with a woman that barely knows you exist? You're like that guy who "races" other cars on the road when the other drivers have no idea you think there's a race happening. This is omega mentality.

stronglift is one of the worst novice programs out there, and wasnt even made by someone that even lifts. SS is the way to go or ICF if ur more into bodybuilding

starting with just the bar is an absolute gimmick. you don't start with the bar on starting strength etc.

if i could start again, i would definitely start just with the bar
trust me i'm cured autist

Same except It's because I have shitty hips and knees. Trying to work up to 2pl8. I'll probably never hit 3pl8.

>mfw hypermobile joints
>mfw I tried lifting an empty bar and my tendons start hurting like hell immediately
>can barely carry anything without frequently taking breaks

Fuck this bullshit genetics, I just want to get Veeky Forums

I did Stronglifts and started with the empty bar. Yeah, I felt insecure, but I sucked it up and did it.

And now I'm up to 0.5/1/2/3, so I'm halfway to being actually strong.

Just do it and don't be a fag about it

I went to a 24h gym and went at 3am when there was no one there

>How do I get over my insecurities Veeky Forums?
By getting stronger.

Faggot.

Go lift.

I started with the bar and I'm up to lmao3pl8 squat

You'll start putting up respectable weight soon enough, it should only be a few weeks before you're up to 1pl8 and that should be good enough for you to not feel like a total fag