I can face pull more than I can cable low row. Am I fucked? Anyone else like this?

I can face pull more than I can cable low row. Am I fucked? Anyone else like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vFR8ClayjsY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Maybe unlike 99% of people you actually use strict form on rows and don't lurch with your lower back

I do pay strict attention to form, especially because I have lower lumbar scoliosis and I'm paranoid about hurting my back. My back posture is on point doing the row.

Still, the lats are bigger and stronger than the rhomboids and rear delts. I would assume I could lift far more weight in the cable row than in the face pull. Am I crazy?

I can facepull more than I can bench, help.

>tfw 4pl8 OHP, 1pl8 DL

>I can facepull more than I can bench

i facepull more than i squat rofl
then again i bench more than i squat

you better bench more than 1.5 plates

do you folks grip face pulls like pic related or the right way?

What? What are way there is?

How is any of this possible? Please post your lifts including face pull for my own personal gain.

195 OHP
335 BP
405 SQUAT
445 Diddle
105 facepull (fullracked)
260 Cable low row (fullracked)

>the right way
youtu.be/vFR8ClayjsY

When you put your elbows above your hands and externally rotate your shoulders, you impinge the shoulders. To avoid impingement, you keep your hands above the elbows.

Cable machines are fucking magic. You can't really compare strenght on those. Look at my bitch-ass lifts for example
110 OHP
160 BP
200 SQ
315 DL
110 Face pulls
Rows I don't know man. I try to do chin-ups and Kroc rows with the 55lb dumbbells

>Cable machines are fucking magic
So true. I can comfortably do lateral raises with 25 lb dumbbells, but can't go over 12.5 lbs on the cable machine.

Nice e-stats, bro. I don't think you can help anybody here.

this thread is blowing my mind. my cable row is literally 4x higher than my face pull. i thought you were supposed to do facepulls with low weight and super strict?

>Kroc rows with the 55lb dumbbells

You know that's because you're accumulating resistance in the lateral raise due to change in the moment arm in respect to the gravitational force you're pulling against? In cable machine that force is constant through the rom. Doing shit like lateral raises, curls and pullovers with free weights is like doing squats, bench and OHP with only thick-ass bands. Shit that involves drasticly changing moment arms should be mainly with cables.

Should I be ashamed of being a honest DYEL?

I think you guys are running into trouble comparing barbells to a cable machine exercise. I don't believe the weights transfer properly depending on the machines construction pulley size etc.

I can wrist curl more than I can deadlift. Am I fucked?

I can Skullcrush more than I can deadlift, is this bad?

I can wrist roller more than I can deadlift and squat combined.

>Shit that involves drasticly changing moment arms should be mainly with cables.
Cables don't help with that.
They don't provide constant force throughout the range of motion.
Only machines can do that.
E.g. compare a cable rear delt exercise with a reverse (pec deck) fly machine.

Nah you are using strict form on dl thats why you can wristcurl 3 plaets while dl 1.5 :^)

>there's no moment arm when you pull a cable
Really bakes my ziti.

I'm the same way user, sometimes I wonder if people's muscles just respond better to different movements. My friend and I are very similarly built but certain exercises he can way out preform me on whereas others I outperform him

>I can facepull more than I can bench, help.
>you better bench more than 1.5 plates

>facepulling 1.51 pl8s