Were ancient greeks natty?

were ancient greeks natty?

Yes, but they were all about 5' 5"

how do I into Herc mode?

With as shredded as he is with those tiny balls? No way.

what i don't understand is how they knew what roid freaks looked like, without having access to steroids. how did they know humans could achieve this potential in such detail, without ever seeing it most likely.

That's not an ancient greek statue.

There is the argument that in their times men had way better genetics but I'm not informed and know it's a controversial topic.

You're right - it is a third century made copy of a famous ancient greek statue. I am an expert in these things.

They made a point of being physically superior, it was cultural to exercise and wrestle. Combine that with the fact they didnt have all the processed high sugar crap we have nowadays, no wonder they were shredded.

strength + accessory
aerobic conditioning
have some kind of fighting ability
read classical literature
mediterranean diet
don't style your hair or shave beard

They had a good knowledge of anatomy. This is a demi-god, so of course they're going to extenuate the features.

Greeks were not only ripped, they were FUCKING ripped. Pretty much every Greek philosopher, poet, tragedian, and so on would have been, because they were all adult male citizens, and either had to fight in the army or (later) row in the fleet. Or both.

People underestimate the level of physical exertion these things required. These guys worked out EVERY day. They worked out so much that they actually liked working out. They lived to work out. Their entire leisure time was composed of working out and getting gay over how hot their bods were in the balmy Mediterranean sun. The first ten fucking pages in Plato's FIRST dialogue have Socrates lusting over a teenager's sweaty, manly pecs through his toga. Socrates likens himself to a lion that is about to gobble up its prey. He can barely control himself. That is how the Western philosophical tradition starts: homoerotic lust for ripped abs. When Alcibiades, the manliest man in history, bursts into the famous drinking party, at which the guests are discussing the urbane topic of Love, it is to ask Socrates why he never fucked him in the ass when they cuddled. You know how the dialogue ends? Socrates goes to the gym and works out.

how do i into Kratos mode?

Modern recreations and reconstructions have not even succeeded in duplicating the physical feats reported of the Athenian soldiery - that is, the Athenian citizenry. Often, modern historians doubt that these feats are even being accurately reported, for instance the straight dash of the Athenian army across the entire field at Marathon. This is because modern athletes and bodybuilders can't even do these things, even with relatively light gear compared to what the Athenians actually carried. It took a team of Olympic master rowers to even APPROXIMATE the sailing techniques of the Athenian fleet, outside of combat conditions, on a placid sea. The entire Athenian fleet was regularly capable of these maneuvers, season after season, year after year, campaign after campaign. The sole engine of these maneuvers was muscle. Raw, sweaty, heaving Athenian muscle. Athenian men were the envy of the Aegean.

It is understandable that modern historians, coming from a society of flabby, skinnyfat wimps, are unable to comprehend the sheer manliness of Athens. Socrates saved Alciabiades in a hoplite battle in the Peloponnesian War. Aeschylus, the tragic poet, fought at Marathon. And all of them worked out and fucked ass, at every moment they weren't literally inventing Western civilisation.

It's exagerrated, but at least partially, yes. Greeks did invent the democracy, as we know, but the reason it worked for them (and doesn't for virtually eveyone else) was because it meant 'rule of full-fledged citizens of the polis, (i.e. city-state)'. And those citizens consisted of middle-class socially active males with mandatory military service. They bought their own weapons and armor, too. Meaning, they shared responsibility as well as power.
Superiority and perfection of human form was a major theme going for them. There's a quote attributed to Socrates: “No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”

>take a skinny little greek shit with good insertions and visible abs who never even lifted
>use his muscles as a model but double the proportions
>put an old man winter head on him because lol greekgod

Ded

>it's impossible to exaggerate features meme
kys

>micropenis
definitely

>ywn live in the timeline where their athletic and martial spirit is still mainstream
>ywn bring shame upon your family and your household deity for losing a pankration fight against Jadus Zeusloin

No, since they slept with other men. This raised test to unnatty levels

>fucked ass
Homofaggot revisionism.

Tell me about the Greek trannies Mr Nye.

Zeus semen in the womb is not natty.

Can't deny science, Cletus

Loving every laugh

I'm sure they were also feminist anti racists as well, Madisyn Cohen-Wong.

Whoah i thought saying faggotry = pederasty was a hate crime.

Men back in the ancient times apparently had higher test in general. They probably had some freaks with amazing genetics and modeled all the famous legends and heroes after those.

You need to do, like, 12 exercise or something.

>this is what Veeky Forums actually believes
The argument, in this case, is probably that in their times (some) men weren't either pussies who lift 30% of what they could or fat unaesthetic powerlifters who pride themselves on being """""""real men"""""" aka walrus mode aka being a fat fuck. This entire board has no idea what can be achieved natty.

Pretty weird just look assyrians portraits, they made it very fit

underaated

But that's fridge mode
no v-taper

ITT: /fitlit/ - Well Rounded Citizens

Socrates was against homo stuff.

Homo stuff like eating pussy or having loving sex with the lesser women.
Fucking little boys in the ass? That was a okay!

itt bunch of faggots that don't realize the muscles were exaggerated for artistic purposes

>were ancient greeks natty?

Who knows but it looks like their calf attachement was shit.

WRONG!

Well for one, they were actually training. They didn't have the knowledge that we have today but they had time. A lot of fucking time. If you were a soldier, you were training from morning to evening every day. Combat, tactics, lifting, fucking whatever. And you wouldn't have to worry about food.

I assume that high ranking soldiers had some privilege over the others so they kinda did whatever the fuck they wanted. They had medicine back then also, and it wasn't completely useless. I'm willing to bet doctors back then had some sort of idea of what can get you fat and what can make you lose weight. Plus, the statues you see are supposed to be gods so of course they have exaggerated features.

>ancient people were dumb meme

kek
too bad the plebs dont get it

>Gods
>natty
Naww mate.
Pretty sure they are doing sips.

Don't judge them by modern pussified standards.

post pic of the peak natty then fggit

Destroy the world by killing the gods and pull a Benoit.

kek

He wasn't against homo stuff in general, but he was against purely carnal lust without love, and this was for both sexes. He just spoke against pederasty because it was almost primarily for pleasure and not for procreation like sex with women could be, so that was its only "function" per se. He thought in sex without love was fruitless and detrimental to the soul, whereas love (and thereby loving sex) uplifted the soul.

And that's just him as Plato's representation too. We don't know his actual opinion on it.

He's right, fucking BASED socrates.

He was against homo stuff. Further reading delineates he knew that the highest love could only be between a man and woman.

Now go back.

lol have you even read the fucking symposium??

He literally talks about how sex with other men is superior to sex with women because sex with women is only driven by lust and thus lesser while sex with men is driven by love for their intelligence and manliness which are higher virtues

SHHHH
The WE WUZ KANGS romeaboos would love to ignore the fact that the men they worship were plagarizing boy raping faggots who accomplished fuck and all.

The Romans raped boys also.

I also took Latin and/or art history

You can't trust anything the monks recorded