ChainLink ~ I can't sleep at night anymore

Ever since I bought ChainLink... I literally lose sleep.

Not because of the price, get the fuck out of here autist traders.

I can not fall asleep because I lay there thinking of the endless possibilities are REAL FUCKING WORLD use cases chainlink has. No this is not a shill, even though it may seem like it.

>Stealth 4 year development
>Customers and partners manage $50+ trillion in assets (test net alone with NDA's lingering)
>Literally will change the way this world will operate payments, contracts and remittances

I have been late to work 3 days in the past 2 weeks from not falling asleep in til 4am. I'm not even on my phone. I am seriously just laying down in my bed, by myself, thinking about chainlink use cases.

God damnit man. This future is looking awfully bright.

I fucking love you guys, for real.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ChainLinkNodes/status/925222659968954368
twitter.com/TheBitAdviser/status/925183204696436737
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

According to Vitalik it is way, way overvalued right now.

>I can not fall asleep because I lay there thinking of the endless possibilities are REAL FUCKING WORLD use cases chainlink has.

Oh yea? Gimme like 20 because I can‘t see a single one.

Vitalik also believes Ethereum is overvalued.

>vitalik said something

Chill, dawg.
Think about how cool it would be to make money off of link without ruining your life.

Hey I wanna buy your home, can you move out by next week? Thanks

Which customers and partners are you referring to?

Vitalik also said Ethereum should be valued well under $50, you fucking nimrod.

I'm no expert but it sounds like another project that doesn't really need a token but they just made one to raise money like gofundme

D E L U D E D F U C K I N G L I N K M A R I N E

you convinced me with your well researched documentation and opinion.

so thank you, I've just sold 100k

You really are no expert, in fact you have no idea what you're talking about

>I'm no expert, but

>It sounds like a project that doesn't really need a source of income but made one just to raise money.

WE R DA LINK MARINEZ, WE ARE KEKS FOR DA LINK BOIZ.

Fuck off OP everyone already knows LINK is going to big jesus christ

Chainlink tokens weren't used in the smartcontract demo at sibos
user is right. He doesn't need to be a genius to know this shit is a scam

>in development for "4 years"
>could only release their shit as an erc20 token during the ico gold rush
>absolutely zero communication with the community
>650m in hands of the literal who two man dev team
>probably another 100m that was allocated to sergeys "private investors" before the pre-sale

Someone should start a bank using blockchain and chainlink and a visa card. It would be amazing.

>Swift absolutely hosted a scam artist at SIBOS

He is right tho

You sure do know a lot about the token allocation and ChainLink in general for having never visited their website.

Good on ya mate.

Yeah why not
Swift is under pressure from their clients because of their dinosaur network and many are already invested in alternatives
Gotta try seem relevant and like they are doing something instead of being left behind

You literally posted nothing. Nothing in your posts has any meaning or worth. You could have posted a bunch of random letters and numbers and have it be less worthless than your post.

Very weak FUD.

So 650m in hands of the devs just like I said
Or can't you into maths? You realize there are one billion tokens right?

Do you seriously think they're just gonna dump the tokens?

A blockchain is pretty much a shared accounting system. A token is necessary to process the transactions.

Now how exactly aren't tokens necessary?

Nice rebuttal

>huur your post is worthless
Just like chainlink tokens
Enjoy those 1/312th of a transaction fee as reward for operating a node... that 1/312th thay comes from a reserve of tokens that adds to the circulating supply LMAO

Do your fucking research

>still not one use case mentioned ITT

LOL

meant for

LMFAO

Nah because no one wants to buy the shite

You guys are more like actual cult members than any other coin so far. It's a little disturbing, but mostly it's sad, sad, sad. I hate to see you twisting in the wind like this user.

>still no examples what chainlink is even good for

Basically I see no reason to buy into an ico until link does well. Like nothing has any usefulness in comparison and if link can't make it none of them will. Go look at every recent ico all blown the fuck out. Don't listen to people here you'll just lose all your money. Hold strong in link, it's the only real hope for altcoins.

Okay lets see, legal agreements - they cant communicate on the blockchain, guess what can link them to the ETH smart contracts?
Betting sites are also not able to use smart contracts, guess what links them?
Want to buy BTC without having to set up a bank account on a website? Easy, just use the Link/eth Link/Btc APIs that they already made. Banking? Don't even need to get started, you can have trustless oracles that link to smart contracts so you don't even have to talk to a fucking teller to setup your bank account.
I suggest you read the whitepaper and if you think centralized oracles are sufficient then I'd like to see you code a legacy Oracle and tell me it is going to be secure and not be a single point of attack for hackers.

I sleep pretty tight knowing 20 cents was a good investment.

I clicked this thread because I just bought $100 chainlink.

I am having the same feeling, there are actual use cases here.

To add: I have programming experience and I can say that nobody likes to code things from scratch these days, its all using pre-built APIs. You really think someone is gonna write their own JS when theres already frameworks like bootstrap? They open source, they use github like actual professionals and, well who doesn't like using a API when your programming, makes life easier, more efficient as I'm not wasting my time solving a problem thats already been solved.

My experience so far
-C
-Java
-HTML5/CSS/JS/SQL (quite into web dev)

And finally. Stay poor no linkies.

I just posted some and why wouldn't you read their whitepaper or review their code on Github before buying then? Don't listen to Veeky Forums, ever. I bought this because I understand it fully and I even want to join their team as a developer so I can help move this project forward IF they'd hire me :>

I bought them before clicking the thread I said.

Also,
>never listen to 4 chan
I bought bitcoin in 2012 because of some 4channer.

Yeah I know you bought them before reading the thread, but why didnt you read up on the whitepaper or review github code?

Good for you faggot, wish I was that lucky.

>but why didnt you read up on the whitepaper or review github code
I read the whitepaper, but I can't code so why bother reading it?

Well with all due respect it did not come off that way. Anyway just think of this: We have decentralized currencies that link to decentralized contracts but as soon as those contracts touch the real world they enter centralized sources. See the issue now?

Dude I am on the same page as you, why are you telling me this?

But for instance, there could be a gps system linked to a barcode scanner and delivery men can blockchainize the delivery time location, all the other stuff, and link can set up payment on delivery.

twitter.com/ChainLinkNodes/status/925222659968954368

Excellent

USGS for earthquake data, (insurance)

holy shit, NOAA, we can create hurricane futures market! For insurance purposes and just betting

>twitter.com/ChainLinkNodes/status/925222659968954368

How the fuck

twitter.com/TheBitAdviser/status/925183204696436737

does this guy tweet about this shit even before the site owner does lmao

Dude what the fuck I was just on the phone talking to my brother about that exact use case...

I'm freaked out now.

I genuinely love you too brother.
I only have 800 LINK and I am still /comfy/ as fuck.

435 here. I almost only got 250 for the same total price but I waited and here we are.

Are you involved with chainlink in anyway or just going for first mover status?

Fuck you, bitch bastird. Oracle is real problem.

Why you say to me you sonofbastardbitch!

Oracle is mostly robotic sensors, humans just operate them.

you bloody bastard bitch oracle is NOT a real problem.
oracle is NOT a real problem because SUPERCOMPUTERs in every city, including Mumbai, Jaipur, and New Delhi. FUCK u bloddy madachod I will never spend a single rupee on chainlink. Do NOT buy chainlink dear

I program also, and the whitepaper does make me believe in the technology, I just hope it is adopted.

>SUPERCOMPUTERs in every city, including Mumbai, Jaipur, and New Delhi.

can you imagine a pentacore superquantum computer covered woth feces operated by turban-wearing mongrels

oh my

oracle problem is soon to be solved

hi hi sir i program also. i agrees sir link is very good program work could not do better myself. u program in land of us of a? my friend and family make it big and go program in us of a. u lucky enough son of a bitch to get work visa sir?

Why are you larping this?

It makes you look retarded, its not funny, and the person you responded to used normal English.

programmers are fucking pajeets. all of them.
user may as well say "i work a tech help call center my opinion means something"

All of those cities have schools you know, and like, universities... with computers.

Give me back my link!!

>calling the Google API is just too centralized, man
>so I'll just call 1000 different APIs simultaneously and average the result, and Ill pay for the privilege to do so
epic simply epic

It's overvalued. Don't buy, sell.

>rent free

Just because Sergey owned the domain for 4 years does not mean "4 year development"

Vitalik believes home owners should run the risk of getting kicked out of their homes just because renters run that risk.

>could only release their shit as an erc20 token
No, they released their shit as the Chainlink Network v1.0, this summer just before the presale.

The token is merely the currency used to run the system and incentivize the node operators.

650m tokens, yes.

If the plan was to dump them all, the very first thing they would've done is get Link on more exchanges to increase liquidity (and the price).

/Enjoy those 1/312th of a transaction fee as reward for operating a node... that 1/312th thay comes from a reserve of tokens that adds to the circulating supply LMAO
What's the problem?

Also, do you have any idea what will be happening when the network grows large enough for 1b tokens to be circulating?
Mainstream smart contracts, that's what.

what does this actually mean

we live rent free in your head

yeah that guy is full of shit and that tweet proved it

Look at this kid's heavy ass bags. Everyone laugh at him. His coin got pump and dumped, and he believed the memes.

Chainlink is shit, and you'll hold those bags forever

>trusting russians

lmaoing at ur life

They've been working on this project longer than ETH.
It's been about four years by now.

It means they're always thinking about us. So we own free brain real estate.

it never got pumped, just dumped.

Post actual proof for this statement, nobody has in any thread I've asked.

You can't just assume 4 years of owning a domain means a project was being developed in that time.

How about pic related.
Hudson Jameson is a key figure from ETH.

>I only recently met the SmartContract.com team,

Seriously? How does this guy know their history so well? Is this the sole evidence that the Link people are basing this belief on?

Another question, if they were actually working on ChainLink before ETH was a think, why are they an ERC20 token?

You don't have to meet someone to know their history, user.
Don't be stupid.

>Is this the sole evidence that the Link people are basing this belief on?
Is it?

They aren't an ERC20 token, they're a decentralized oracle network.
(well if you really get down to it, they're a mainstream smart contract solution)

Bitcoin could always do smart contracts natively too, this was one of the major concerns with ETH early on.
So they were probably developing around BTC.
But then ETH came along, which is in many ways more suitable for smart contracts, so they started working with ETH instead I guess.

>why doesn't every dev just make his own blockchain, even if it's completely pointless for his project???

this meme, i swear to god...

I'm so sick of retards who dont understand why the ChainLink tokens will be valueable (obv not in the 100s of dollars though).

ChainLink Smartcontracts will have tonnes of real-life applications and will change how many businesses work. And the sole reason that ChainLink tokens will be valueable isnt that you need to have them in order to commit to SC transactions at all. It's because node operators will be handling the transactions, which will be worth billions (if not trillions) of dollars each day and node operators will get a small fee out of each transaction. The more ChainLink you have as a node operator, the higher priority you will have, meaning that you will get to handle more of these transactions.

This will ensure that node operators, both private people and companies, will want to have as much CL as possible, and will buy more and more CL so they get more revenue than their competitors, meaning that us, the "small fish" will be able to sell our ChainLink (unless you plan on operating a node) to them for $$$, and one CL will be worth way more than it is today. Likely in the 5-6$ at the very least.

A little clarification on the nodes staking Link tokens; there are a bunch of reputation and weighting systems in place (srsly read the white paper); so whales will NOT be gobbling up all the node action simply by stacking their nodes with Link tokens.

You could make payments in any other currency written into the contract

And it still makes perfect sense to use Link tokens proprietary to the network.
Users likely wouldn't even be aware of any Link tokens, they'd just be paying nodes in whatever fiat or even crypto they have, and the node operators would receive payment in Link or maybe use their own Link for staking and confirmations and whatever.

Seriously... why could this coin NOT reach $100?

I mean, look at ETH, NEO etc.
Sure they're built on creating ICO's, but LINK is built on Oracles. Oracles are rewarded with LINK. In 5 years time, when airports are using Oracles for weather data, when insurance companies are using Oracles for speed readings, when police are using Oracles for forensic application, when cyber security applications are using Oracles for public key encryption, when applications are using Oracles for authentication, when cloud hosting providers are using Oracles for traffic analysis, when retail firms are using Oracles for validating their till balances, when audit firms are using Oracles for invoice validation, when manufacturing firms are using Oracles for product quality control, when freight companies are using Oracles for logistics handling, when GPS providers / Google Earth are using Oracles for positioning data, when global advertising conglomerates are using Oracles for audience demographics, when companies are using Oracles for directorship votes, when banking conglomerates are using Oracles for transaction assurance, when oil titans are using Oracles for contract assurance, when nation states are using Oracles for census data, when governments are using Oracles for voting polls, when armies are using Oracles for command and control verification, when the UN is using Oracles for voting for permanent 5 members, and when Oracles are using Oracles for veracity; does LINK at $100 sound reasonable? If not, does it sound more reasonable than LINK at $2?

1 billion supply* dummy. $4 is more reasonable

The problem I see with that is the link token would still have to be traded by the node operator into something valuable in real life, it’s still just another fiat currency and who’s to say anyone will want to buy it?

The other big problem, at least in the US, is that for taxation purposes you have to recognize gain/loss every time you go from one token to another or from a token to cash, unless you file each transaction as a 1031 exchange (and the IRS hasn’t ruled yet if crypto is eligible for 1031) and you still have to fill out the paperwork every time. Basically it’s an accounting nightmare.

lol we had a long thread yesterday where I grilled these faggots
not ONE use case was delivered

chainlink is complete bullshit
you faggots got bamboozled
youd be much better of just banking on XRP if you want a piece of the banking pie

>idea will be successful
>but it still won't work cuz of muh taxes
Is this how poor people think

If it catches on financial institutions and big businesses will unironically push the price up into the hundreds to prevent competition from smaller entities.