/fat/ Fatty Fatty 2x4 General

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight

>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
If you eat 500 less than that daily you lose weight, can go lower but never very low
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

greengiant.com/products/detail/green-giant-steamers-broccoli-cheese-sauce-10-oz-box/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wanna buy a bunch of snacks to permanently tempt my willpower. Is this a retarded idea?

One of the most retarded things I've ever heard.

You'll just end up eating them, fatty.

Yes. I've done that experiment many times. It only ended up with me binging. If you're gonna buy tempting snacks, buy a small enough amount that it wont sink your weekly progress. Like, when Im craving sweets, I buy two large bars of dark chocolate. Even if I binge, that 800 calories of damage max. As opposed to the 6000 that I usually put away.

Also post em
>tfw comfortably under yet full as fuck

Can I overdo it on beans and sweetcorn? I had a bunch with my leaf greens, I know it's not a lot of calories but I feel like I should avoid temptation because a whole tin of beans/sweetcorn is not like other vegetables.

Had to have what I call QT dinner yesterday cuz I was on the go. Not terrible macros, but I could do better. Better than fast food.

I have a 3lb thing of peanuts from costco, about the most dangerous calorie-rich thing imaginable. No disasters yet, but I really regret buying it.

how do i drink only water?
seriously after a few sips im sick of it.

>just checked my weight
>202 lbs.
>5'9 manlet
Fucking kill me.

I have a bar of chocolate that's been in my fridge for months, and a cupboard full of cookies, peanuts and other snacks.
Those are for my scheduled cheat days and I don't touch them otherwise.

>buy snacks
>tell yourself you'll save them for tomorrow
>next day repeat step 2

procrastination does wonders

Kind of a dumb question but is it possible I'm going too far on my diet? My day is usually like this:

Lunch of protein and vegetables, around 200 calories of protein, 200-300 vegetables. Dinner around the same. 300 calorie snack. Thing is I don't track calories and there's a good chance the vegetables are more like 100-200, and I'm only eating about 1000 calories a day at 215lbs. I am dropping shit loads of weight but I'm starting to feel a bit weird, my hand went dead today at random and I keep getting dizzy.

You'll get used to it. Get a refillable water bottle. I used to despise water, now I drink at least 72oz, when before Id drink that in maybe a month's time.. Wean yourself off of juices and the like by watering them down. Start with a 3:1 ratio and work your way down to 1:3

>5'9 and 217lbs
>started at fucking 300lbs+
You're not even that fat.

it seems like your going under 1500 calories
your starving
eat more.

Can you go into more detail?

Nigga do you want loose skin?

I drink like 120+oz a day. Just man up.

basically, you eat 500-800 cal under your TDEE
you seem to be eating less than 1500 cal
You should never do that, your body thinks yours starving and is slowly loosing function
dont eat too low
>man up
ignore all the modern cool beverages that exist for one thats been around forever? man that sounds great.
also i pretty much never drink water besides at work.

Not that user, but he's right.

1. Track your calories in more detail
2. Determine your TDEE
3. There is no such thing as starvation mode, but you can under-eat macro and micro nutrients
4. Start taking a multi-vitamin to shore up any nutrient deficiencies
5. I am 288 and eat around 1k calories a day, my hand has never just randomly gone numb
6. If that happens again, you need to see a doctor.

Thanks, it might just be my body reacting to the new diet though, as I eat plenty of shit just not the calories I used to. This diet is a lot more extreme with basically no carbs besides the snacks, but I'll make sure to be careful.

>your body thinks yours starving and is slowly loosing function

The number at which this happens is different for every person. I'm 288, I have tons of fat for my body to burn, and I eat 1000-1100 calories a day for 2.5 months, zero issues.

>all the modern cool calories in a can that will never satiate your appetite
Never gonna make it with that attitude.

How long have you been doing it?

Also, don't diet. You can go off diets. Work toward changing your lifestyle. This may seem like semantics, but 80% of this fight is going to be mental.

I mean it depends on what your doing.

Soda and alcohol is shit you should be avoiding for just normal health but even more so for losing weight.

If your a big tea person you can always do that, what I used to do is make like a gallon of crystal light and just drink from that and then after some time I got sick of it but still like having the water there drink on from time to time just as something to do so I stopped adding the packets of tea.

Oh I know, I've just been doing this current "diet" a week. By diet I basically mean new lifestyle. This is all I eat every day now. It was just creeping up before and I lost no weight for a month, so I hardened the diet up a lot.

just wish i could enjoy food again
i ate my chicken but all this brocoli and carrots are going in the trash probably. dont even want to eat it.
isnt there low/no calorie teas that taste good? i tried green tea and its ass.

what the point of this even is

>lost 2.6 lbs this week
>16 since mar 30th
feels good man

I was like you before. You get used to it

I understand why he's thinking about it. I've done it, its kind of like fully submerging yourself in a cold pool. Face the maximum amount of temptation, if you can resist, then you're cured of your binge eating problem(hypothetically). I don't know if it works because I always lose.

Make iced tea. Sucralose is great. Unless you're one of those people that wants to give up sweet things even if they're legit 0 calories.

giving up sweet things is probably better long term

Also i meant like drinking a bunch of weird sounding tea names.im an amerifat and im only ever had green tea and sweet tea.

Was thinking about crawling by a mall tomorrow and looking for a scale

Any do's and don'ts for that purchase?

I guess it's down to taste but personally this is what I used to use.

sounds fucking retarded

How long does it take to acquire a taste for broccoli? Shit is so fucking gross.

I'm sorry man

It don't get no better

How many calories you lads think this is? It weighs .83-lbs

i usually just pepper it or just shove it down my gullet
im starting to think i cant like food anymore.

Tea is tea. "Brewed beverages" are different. If you want to drink "lemongrass tea" just keep in mind it's not actually tea. There's really only black tea and green tea. Anything else is just a blend and mixture of different strains and different plants all together. For example, look up what Earl Grey tea is.

I'll let you know when I acquire a taste for eggs.

Try spinach. There are plenty of options for "volume greens" brocolli is just the meme.

I didn't understand how can someone only drink water either, now I don't understand how I could've been drinking anything else

You've been used to sweetened sugary shit forever, once your taste returns to normal you won't be able to touch that crap

are you eating it cooked or raw? i like it better raw personally, its crunchy and got a slight "zing" to it. its not that bad man. but maybe i'm used to healthier foods because even though my parents are fat and enabled me to overeat on snacks and junk food, i still had plenty of healthy home cooked meals growing up like chicken breast, turkey burgers, salmon, with vegetables, rice, etc.

give these a try if you can find them at your supermarket, they're a good size portion, barely any calories, and the sauce is pretty flavorful.

greengiant.com/products/detail/green-giant-steamers-broccoli-cheese-sauce-10-oz-box/

i also like the brussels sprouts in butter sauce from this same line

going to the grocery store tomorrow
tell me what you guys normally eat
getting sick of my typical shit

>breakfast
usually cereal and milk
>lunch
Turkey sandwitches and some fruit maybe
>diner
grilled chicken and veggies with skim milk

Dude fuck eggs I hate that shit.

But not liking broccoli is something I never heard of, I can eat a huge fucking bowl of just broccoli and a lil salt. Fuck using butter or cheese just fucking straight up is 10/10.

I started dieting and doing cardio on January 3rd and as of today I'm down to 205 pounds from somewhere near 275 pounds (6'0" btw). My original goal was to get down to 180 lbs although now I'm all paranoid over the loose skin meme. My skin definitely feels loose and there's a lot of stretch marks but other than some wrinkly areas on my lower abdomen it hasn't really manifested yet. Should I stick to my original goal and then do strength training?

I don't know how to cook spinach and with broccoli all you do is throw that shit in the oven

how long does that normally take?

Officially SIXTY FIVE lbs down, boys

Started in September @ 312, now 247, 5'11 eternal manlet btw. We're all gonna make it

Andrew is that you?

eggs and turkey bacon are good breakfast foods. you could try salmon or other fish to switch up your dinners

I used to dislike broccoli too, then I turned 13

>he's not on DNP

LOL

here's a picture from the side

What are some good veggies that no one talks about?

Ie how is eggplant? ive never had it and im curious.

That's probably why you hate it so much desu. Don't be afraid to try new things or sacrifice 200 calories by using olive oil. Google some simple broccoli recipes and tips. Same for spinach. Or try cabbage, throw half a head in a pot with two strips of bacon.

I know, man. I got lite salt for dat dere potassium and I'll just sit there and eat salted broccoli to fill up when I'm feeling hungry.

Did you get beat up at Berkeley?

My room mate just started that.

brussels sprouts are underappreciated

I have it in dishes at restaurants sometimes. I think it is pretty tasty. One place I go serves it with a veal meatball-like substance inside of it.

Alright, buy a pack of turkey bacon and a dozen and a half eggs, There's breakfast, buy an onion and some green bell peppers to use as filler, it goes in almost every meal you could think of making, it's nearly invisible and it helps with satiation. You can make an omelette with some cheese and sour cream, frittatas, with that deli ham you always buy. For dinner, make some slow cooker fajiates, you already buy the chicken and veg, just buy a can of tomatoes with chiles and some fajita mix if you can't make your on. Dont add any water, and train the tomatoes. Serve over rice or with spinach. Buy a big bag of rice and a bag of beans. Its cheap and it'll last you a long time. Idk about lunch, i don't eat that shit nigga lmao.

>get home
>all food is frozen
>i am tired after 10-12h of work
>say Ill eat in the morning
How to eat under 1000kcal 101

>giving up sweet things is probably better long term

Yeah look at this shit, literal poison.

>go to work
>keep track of my calories simply because I dont have time to eat much
>have a day off
>bored as fuck
>go out and buy a bunch of shit
>5000 calories
my life in a fucking nutshell, i eat cause im bored. i really need friends.

just do shit dude

i've managed to fight through hours of hunger just by playing videogames the whole time, matches after matches of csgo or league of legends, or getting really into some single player game, and i can forget about being hungry

I know you think you're being cute, but fruit is almost entirely empty carbs. There are very few fruits that give you nutrition to match the amount of calories you get. Most modern fruits are bred to be as sweet and big as possible.
>fruits are good for you

You're soccer-mom as fuck, bruh.

I'd just grab two bottles instead of one, one of water and one of whichever crap I used to drink and place them next to eachother on my desk. Whenever I was thirsty I just picked one up to drink without thinking about it. Soon enough my bottle of sugary shit stayed there full and I just kept getting more bottles of water.

Could've been maybe a month, I wasn't even going to Veeky Forums yet or trying to do something about myself at that time, so if you're actually putting some effort in it'll probably take less than that.

5'10 295
I do cardio or lift 3-4 times a week but have a pretty sedentary job
Tdee calculates to 3700cal
That seems huge to me

that's the problem. i cant play video games, back when i was able to play 10 hours straight i wouldnt even think about food but now that i've lost interest in all my hobbies it's a fucking nightmare, i sit in front the pc all day and just wank and eat. working is like a blessing for me.

You're wrong and a retard, case dismissed.
Go read up on something other than your favorite keto blog.

i remember i have periods of quitting soda but i instead replaced it with sweet af tea, probably why i eventually went back to soda

Also its hard in my house since my fatass family likes to go through 5 2liters a day (no joke)

KeTURD spotted :)

Study imcreasingly hard shit senpai.
Same here.

>tfw started studying solidworks cobol and underwater coms because of hunger and because fuck uni

Any advice for lunch when I work out of my car? I would love to have chicken breast and broccoli most days but I have no where to heat it up

I did that. Big bag of Costco chocolate almonds. Your mind doesn't forget, the temptation to eat them is ever present, nagging, CMON bro, just 2 SCOOPS, don't eat them all, we have self control. Just a few. It's OK.

No its not, I ate them all

So eat it cold, princess.

>i sit in front the pc all day and just wank and eat
I've been in that vicious cycle for so long

Go nofap, seriously. Try it for atleast a few days, you'll feel different. It's the thing that finally broke me and made me do something about myself.

Fug mates, I just had a slip up

Fucking let myself buy a donut from the bakery at the end of every week

I walked away with four

I don't know what the fuck happened

It's like being fucking possessed. The cravings took control.

so weak

That's like me except with alcohol. Who /stopdrinking/ here? Any tips?

Always put in sedentary.

This meme needs to stop.

Good work, dummy.

Food scale or human scale? Just hit up a wally world and grab a cheap one. The number is less important than whats in the mirror.

Me. It's hard. I can't hang out with friends anymore since they're all drunks like me.

It's a struggle.

My name has Beer in it in like half the games I play online. Can't even play games to get my mind off it.

Just look at how much fun she's having.

How effective is eating maintenance + cardio to lose weight?

I can squat 3pl8 but I got fat because I fell into the lmao """bulking""" meme. Mehdi recommends eating maintenance and adding cardio during lifting days. Has anyone of you any experience with this?

Drink licor to avoid calories.

When you're with friends have a beer with them (so you don't look like a tryhard-fedora-fag) but drink slowly. When they ask "are you still with the same beer?" you say "nah, this is my third one" or "I feel stuffed" or any other excuse. Easy.

For the guys cutting between 1200-1500 cal how much grams of chicken breast you usually eat? Just wondering what's a good serving size.

Fuck do you really have to justify your lack of beer consumption your bros? Fuck maybe I should be happy Im a lonely autismo

I eat ~1500/day which is supposedly 1000 under TDEE, dinners usually include anywhere from 8-12oz of chicken so 2-3 servings

Nigger go ahead and slam half a pound. Its like 120cals per 4oz serving, and you can flavour and moisten it up for less than 100 cals, easy. Go nuts.

Doesn't liquor have a ton of calories too? Also, the next day I'm hung over and binge on shitty food ;_;

The gamechanger for me was actually counting the calories I was taking in from alcohol. I was getting chubby but thought "Oh, I drink coke zero and rum, no beer, no sugary mixers, it can't be that much." Well I was actually drinking 16+ oz. of 80 proof rum nightly, or 1024+ calories. No fucking wonder I put on weight.

So I started tracking exactly how many ounces I was drinking, and drinking strategically to minimize the amount needed to achieve the desired effect. Empty stomach, drink quickly, and only have enough booze/mixer on hand for the amount of calories in my budget for the evening. A beer nursed over an hour is a waste of calories. Hard liquor drank quickly gets you hammered at the highest rate per calorie.

Stop drinking then, alkie

Broccoli is great but school/parents can do it wrong. Either steam it for a few minutes then add a little salt or soy sauce or stir-fry it in small pieces over a really hot heat with some chili for about the same time. Needs to still have a solid, crunchy texture.

And this is being weighted before or after cooking

>tfw too retarded for calorie counting

I've been eating only canned tuna because I can't fuck up that way

o-okay

Not really, but social pressure is a dangerous thing. Is like being fat trying to lose weight in a family of fatties. In this case, drinking problems are compounded by a circle of friends built around drinking culture.

For all intents and purposes, alcohol calories don't count.

Before cooking, pro tip, the listed weight is always for the raw weight, EXCEPT FOR BACON. BACON CALORIES DO NOT INCLUDE THE FAT. IF YOU USE THE BACON FAT IN ANOTHER DISH, COUNT THE EXTRA CALORIES.
Don't fuck up. We're all gonna make it

Get a food scale for 5 dollars at walmart and install myfitnesspal on your phone, problem solved

>120cals per 4oz serving

ok is this actually how many calories are in around 100g of chicken breast? online tools claim 100g of chicken breast is 80-160 calories, depending on the one you use.

>alcohol calories don't count

Y?

broccoli is god tier though
>crunchy
>lotsa fiber so easy poops
>filling

I swear I could eat a bowl of salted broccoli every fucking day.

Boneless skinless is typically 120. Thighs are 160. Bone in is a bit more complex, but who tf is eating bone in chicken breast that isn't a apart of a whole chicken?