what gaps?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5hlIUrd7d1Q?t=1m9s
youtube.com/watch?v=QhF1i23vwps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the groin obviously

>wearing a skirt
stab ya in ya balls mate

Imagine having to crawl inside of this thing so you can scoot out to the battle field and fucking die. Maybe the gaps are just the existential insecurities of the person baking inside.

Same as last time you posted this, the eyes, armpits, groin, elbows and knees.

>stabbing a guy who rides a fucking horse in the balls
why people keep forgetting plate was mostly worn by cavalrymen?

>crawl inside

It's a suit, not a mech...

>eyes
good luck hitting that tiny visor especially when the other guy tries to do the same thing to you
>armpits
they are completly covered you retard
>groin
protected by the saddle
>elbows and knees
oh yeah I'm gonna fucking go behind him and he will just let me do this

>rides a horse

So his balls are raised up to perfect sthaving height?

then stab the horse

go up through the thorax of the horse and into the testicles above

What if the fucking horse is armored too?

Slash at its hooves

>dude go for their balls lmao

>good luck hitting that tiny visor especially when the other guy tries to do the same thing to you

No one said it would be easy.

>they are completly covered you retard

Not always and if they are, it'll be by mail which won't provide much protection against the swords, daggers and pollaxes being used

>protected by the saddle

So get him off his horse then

>oh yeah I'm gonna fucking go behind him and he will just let me do this

Who said anything about let? Trip him then you can do whatever you like.

even the belly? a stopped horse is a dead horse. use a pike or a halberd

look at the OP pic, armpits are covered by plates

yes, and how does he go to attack with his fucking hands on his hips?

Are you sure? Because if looks like there's a big gap right there, just like at the elbow.

Knock him down, buddy breaks his limbs with poleaxe, accept his surrender

It's like you guys have never fought knights irl

I'm on the opposite end of thought. I can hardly believe that these awesome things existed and were used. You take a spongy man and make him a near invincible metal beast, only able to be taken down by other metal beasts (and mud). I fully understand why nobles wanted to fight so much, it would be like stepping into a mech today, but even more awesome since it was melee. The ultimate cock extender.

What if the horse doesn't even care because it is hundreds of kilos of muscle bred for war?

in order to defeat a knight or any other armored opponent you must knock him down, lift his visor and facefuck him, then turn him around to reach the vulnerable unarmored buttocks and pierce them with your penis until the opponent yells ''OH YES DADDY'' then take him with you as your personal cum bucket and force him to wear a skirt

you write like a redditor and/or underage you propably should kill yourself

You write like a complete fucking retard that stumbled in from /v/ or /mlp/, either that or someone under 15

>dude le awesum melee combat like in my Skyrim XD

A helmet only mitigates head trauma so much.

Solid war hammer or mace shot to the head is still gonna knock a nigga out. Same goes for the weight of a large sword.

I don't even have to parody your posts because they are already a parody of intelligent writing.

We get it, you are completely fucking retarded, you can fuck off now.

let's talk about how medieval combat was like in your favourite anime

see

And before I get some shit on how great plate is, go buy a modern scientifically informed motorcycle helmet and let a friend tee off on you with just a wooden baseball bat, then report back on if the helmet made you invulnerable.

so you just need to teleport under the horse?

Can't we just smush him by dropping a giant boulder on him?

let me explain you slowly, first stop the horse with a pike formation, if the horse doesn't kill itself with the knight in the impact kill the horse stabbing the belly or cutting the legs. then bash or stab the knight to the death.

Let me tell you about the battle of Morgarten in 1315, now of course this isn't the plate armour of the 16th century like in OP's pic, the Habsburgian knights wore a mixture of maille, lamellar and plate.

From a Bernese chronical (my own translation):
"There were in hands of the Swiss certain horrible murder-weapons, that in their common language were called Helmbarten (helbard) with which even the most heavily armed opponents could be cut up and cut to pieces as like with a shear-knife. For these mentioned reasons it wasn't a battle, but a slaughter (here is a play on words; Schlacht (n) = battle; schlachten (v) = to slaughter) of the army of Leopold by those mountain people, akin to driving a herd to the slaughterhouse. Nobody was spared and neither did they try to capture, they killed all without regard."

I tried to stay as close to the original as possible, maybe some will find it interesting.

I mean, the dude in the armor can barely see shit, and there might be a gap where his arm pit is, if he swings just poke him there or fuck him up with a mace.

If you don't have a mace, the pommel and guard of a sword isn't too far off of being a weapon. Blunt weapons are probably the best thing to take out knights.

this kills the knight

>so you can scoot out to the battle field and fucking die
youtu.be/5hlIUrd7d1Q?t=1m9s
It wasn't that bad i mean you could roll around and get up in it

so i only need a pike formation
cool

>Knights often trained in full armour since they were children
>Stories tell of a knight whose party trick was to don full armour, rest a ladder against a wall and, with one arm behind his back, complete one armed pullups to the top of the ladder and back down
>very few fully armoured knights were ever killed in combat, the armour in part acted as a guarantee of the nobleman's safety so that he might be captured and ransomed
>the English, obsessed with honour and a knightly code, refused to stab their enemies in the foot, and so many knights wore simple leather booties - the long, pointed, articulated metal knight's shoe was largely a metal version of fashionable pointed shoes or for foot protection on horseback

LOL at anyone thinking they could best a warrior that had been training in his full armour while you were trading pokemon at school. Knights were tanks who killed each other for fun during peacetime tournees.

>virgin sword user
>Chad hammer user
Umma fukken bash ya cunt

Care to elaborate?

I think you'd like this video

Aw yeah, I used that in an extended essay and presentation on the development of armour

>funfact
The earliest knights like the Normans were so identical that, thanks to a rumour, at one point in Hastings, 1066 the men believed William the Conquerer had been killed despite the fact that he was riding around right next to them - he had to take off his helmet and parade himself to convince the army they hadn't lost their leader

Hence why everyone started to add crazy plumage, tabards and paint to their gear - they were all dressed as near identical stormtroopers until the Crusaders started handing out special crests and crossed variants of their tabards to their men

Modern motorcycle helmets aren't the same as plate helms.

A big wood stick is a shitty weapon to use against a knight.

I wonder if it's because the concept comes from Persian/Byzantine Cavalry & Carolingian Paladins/Roman Soldiers.

While we're all here, why not post some armours?

I liked the part where he grabbed the guy by the crotch and threw him down

They wore 4-5 layers of head protection tho
>Laminated, padded first layer
>Metal inner layer exposing the face (the pointed acorn shaped ones you see on medieval paintings)
>Sometimes a chain coife
>Another layer of padding
>The greathelm

Not to mention the fact that unlike motorbike helmets, knight helmets were often integrated into neck protection, adding to the shock absorption of the helm (the trauma would be diminished as force was dissipated through the rest of the suit and body, not absorbed by the head), and of course armour evolved to be pointed, fluted and contoured to channel the blow over large sheets of metal and glance away, as well as include crumple zones so the metal could absorb the force, and then be hammered back into shape

If you wore a modern neck protector and integrated suit, 2 layers of helmet, had a crumple zone all over your shoulders and major organs, then you could take a lot more punishment than just a motorbike helmet balanced on your delicate neck

>youtube.com/watch?v=QhF1i23vwps

That looks like Ebony Armor from Oblivion.

>implying you can put a plate armor only by yourself

*nothing personal my liege*

Only one of them is using the right side of his axe.

Go on, try and open a tin can by slicing it

Ok

yeah but that tin can moves and WILL smash your head in

>sawing and slicing are the same thing

>Smashing and bashing are the same thing

Mace to the head

The point of poleaxes is chopping through armor.

was there no calf day back then?

proof?

Is that why they almost always have a spike or hammerhead in addition to the axe?

Horses are FAR more fragile than you realize.

The point of armour is deflecting the blades of poleaxes and spears, brainlet

No, the point of the axe blade on polaxes is to chop people wearing little armour and to hook and trip people wearing plate armour.

literal retard

Why kill when it is more profitable just to disarm and take the knight as hostage?

Because fuck the police

Armpits, neck, groin. Or just bash him in the head with my warhammer.

underrated post

lol

A couple pikemen are still going to fuck that poor horse's shit up. Also plate doesn't protect you from trauma.

They would typically wear gambeson underneath it but yeah getting flung from a horse is often fatal

that plate armor is not representative of most plate armor

Not really. Knights could charge into pike formations and come out unscathed - the gendarmes of the Italian wars were known to do so.

>gets stabbed in gaps
>makes armour with zero gaps
dude lmafo