Don't warm up before I workout with the exception of lighter weight before my main lift

>Don't warm up before I workout with the exception of lighter weight before my main lift
>Don't stretch
>Don't foam roll

Is anyone else like this? Am I hurting anything by not doing any of this, or am I headed for snap city?

you should do stuff like band pull aparts and hip circles before you lift to get blood flow and joint fluid to those areas

but you should save your foam rolling/ stretching until after you lift. doing it before can lead to muscles being "loose" and can effect power production and can even cause injury

>inb4 broscience
I can pull up some shit from top powerlifters if you want, but Id rather not bother

OP I was the same. I didn't believe in it till I had two close encounters of small tears. My bicep (was good after 3 days) and my left forearm which I milked for 2 weeks. I was lucky but I highly suggest it. I do pull ups/chin ups now.

Are good bands expensive? My gym doesn't have them, and I've been meaning to purchase some additional stuff anyway. Also, wouldn't the light warm up sets I mentioned do a good enough job of getting blood flowing?

That's what I'm afraid of. I don't wanna fuck my shit up by not not doing something simple.

>Are good bands expensive?
no. buy any cheap bands. your just using them for pull aparts. not anything thats going to break them or that requires a precise amout of band tension
>wouldn't the light warm up set
band pull aparts take

Sounds good, thanks user

done that for years and am 50 yo with no issues
mobility shit is a meme
foam rolling is frottage
jumping jacks or a dot drill for general warmup
specific warmup with the bar, in the movement, work up to working weight in

Stretching and foam rolling don't really do shit. But I guess do them if you enjoy them and you have time.

I think as long as your activity involves going through the full range of motion and doesn't encourage any muslve imbalances it isn't necessary as long as you ease into the movement

>Don't warm up before I workout with the exception of lighter weight before my main lift

That's already the perfect warm up. You're warming up the exact same joints and muscles through the exact same range of motion as the lift you're going to be doing.

If I'm ever feeling extra stiff or cold I just do a few more sets with the empty bar and I'm good to go. Faster and more specific than rolling/stretching.

Listen to your body. Anyone telling you to tough it or do this do that is retarded. The fact you're asking tells me maybe you do? If you get iniured trying then you were probably going to anyway. Give it a shot.

if you´re going to peform compound movements such as Bench Squat deadylifti OHP you have to activate your abs as this will allow you to perform from an optimal mechanical postition. This is especially importan for people with fucked up backs ( Hyper lordosis) like assume most people here have

also don't do meme exercises that don't mimic basic functions/feel weird. I pulled my forearm doing wrist curls of all things...felt like an idiot

Always always do static stretching before you start lifting, add in a some kind of simple movement after stretching to just warm up the body.

The retards who say never to stretch on cold muscles are retarded, they think that because they can stretch farther when the muscles are warm that they are getting a better stretch.

search for physiotherapy warmup exercises, i do them everyday when i wake up, i bought two 3kg dumbells and its really helping me staying confortable at my office (i stay seated for at least 6 hours straight)

>am I heading for snap city

why does this make me laugh every time

no not stretching on cold muscles has to do with warm things being more elastic and better suited to being stretched but the getting hurt stretching on cold muscles could be a bit overstated. if it feels ok you're probably fine. doesn't anybody feel anymore?

Wait do I foam roll before or after I workout

mind sharing a link to a good one?

When you stretch on warm muscles they just cool and contract back to their original state. You need to stretch on cold muscles if you actually want to develop any flexibility

NO! WHY WOULD YOU SAY THIS?! SNAP CITY EXPRESS! HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO STRETCH AN ELASTIC BAND STRAIGHT OUT OF THE FREEZER?

i don't have any, but i always do some that my friend recomended to me and i feel really good after it
the first i do is i hold my 3kg dumbell like i'm hammer curling, hold it in a 90 degree position then gently rotate your shoulders outwards, then go inwards and make the dumbells touch.
the scond one i do some leg abduction while standing
the third one is a bodyweight squat, ass to grass while pausing on the bottom position
then i do a regular warmup for my neck and touch my toes just to stretch my hamstring and lower back and i'm good to go

the process of contracting and stretching is what improves flexibility dumpass

don't @ me or my posts ever again.

the truth is, you don't hurt yourself if you don't warm up, you hurt yourself because you're dumb and wants to feed your ego by lifting more than you can do with proper form, you tear muscles because you also used too much weight and you did something wrong.

>Stretching and foam rolling don't really do shit.
how could you say something this stupid

So does foam rolling fall under the "stretching" category than mobilizing?

Snap city bound

>The physical properties of a rubber band and your ligaments are identical

im interested in this. you say you do it in the morning and it helps you stay comfortable throughout the day? as in first thing when you wake up you do some light weights and that helps with muscle stiffness/tension? asking because i have quite alot of muscle tension and am uncomfortable at pretty much all times

I thought wrist curls were good forearm isolation?

Been doing yoga in the morning 30 min, I feel much better throughout the day and recover more quickly.

Doing none of that shit, have not snapped anything in three years.

Literally confirmed by studies - flailing on piece of overpriced PVC pipe does nothing but make you feel good if you are into this kind of things.

>implying you stretch your muscle in the sense of it getting longer like a rubber band
Its just muscle tone that decreases nothing gets physically longer

I do a 5 to 8 min warm-up session before I lift.

Start off by doing light jog for about 2 min, then whatever muscles I am targeting for that session i will do 2 sets per muscle group using very light weights for 10-12 perfectly controlled reps, just enough to get blood flowing

Hasn't failed me yet :)

Take me down to old snap city
Where the chads are mean and the tendons stringy
Taaaake mere hooome yeah yeah

foam rolling and lacrosse ball work relaxes a muscle, which is the opposite of what you want if you want it to take the pressure of heavy weight

i've been pipe rolling before lifts and light d stretch after for years and i attribute my injury free lifting to be part of it. I feel stiff as fuck if i don't do it, don't need bro studies it worked for me, beside you can get pipe in home depot dirt cheap.