/BG/ Back General

Take care of your back.
Stretchings, exercises and advice.

>Stretching
youtube.com/watch?v=TQqgf8kB6R8
youtube.com/watch?v=l2VQ_WZ8Bto
youtube.com/watch?v=J9yRiOeVvIM&list=PLRS2DE4P39EfrJ4viya8lWiVzXfSX69Lb&index=4
youtube.com/watch?v=6V5tSn9oEJg&list=PLRS2DE4P39EfrJ4viya8lWiVzXfSX69Lb&index=14
youtube.com/watch?v=TXh1oLXb6zk&list=PLRS2DE4P39EfrJ4viya8lWiVzXfSX69Lb&index=27
youtube.com/watch?v=E-H9cyg29q4

>Exercises

-Back extensions: youtube.com/watch?v=Bw9YuQTTc58
-Glute ham raises: youtube.com/watch?v=36vmtsxp9bQ
-Reverse hyperextensions: youtube.com/watch?v=FTqILPDVy5E
youtube.com/watch?v=fj_RvcrMd8w

>PDF

orthoinfo.org/PDFs/Rehab_Spine_5.pdf // (mild exercises/stretching. Focused on post-operation and injuried people).
uhs.berkeley.edu/sites/default/files/LowBackPain.pdf // (focused on low back pain. Interesting for people with lordosis).
healthinfotranslations.org/pdfDocs/ExercisesBack_SP.pdf // (more exercises. This document is in english and spanish).
backcare.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Excercises-for-Back-Pain-Excercises.pdf // (This one suggest to swim, I would say AVOID IT unles you already know how to swim properly, most of people does not know and they screw their necks. Wich is not a problem if you only swim on summer or so).
athleticedge.biz/uploads/lower_back_stretches.pdf // (more lower back exercises) backfitpro.com/pdf/selecting_back_exercises.pdf
acefitness.org/pdfs/LowBackStabilization.pdf
ahs.uwaterloo.ca/~mcgill/fitnessleadersguide.pdf
Book sguested by a poster, can’t find pdf: amazon.com/Back-Mechanic-Stuart-McGill-2015-09-30/dp/B01FKSGJYC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491858049&sr=8-1&keywords=back mechanic

Sticky link on stretching is down.

Will be lurking.

I've been having a pretty severe pain right in that section where my Trapezius and Latissimus Dorsi overlap my infraspinatus fascia extending up around my shoulder .
The shit really fucking hurts.
At first, I thought it was doms, but now I realize it feels nothing like soreness. Whenever I try to pick up a dumbbell with my opposite arm, I feel it pulling and a sharp pain associated with it. Should I see a doctor about this? I have a feeling it'll resolve itself but i'm not sure.

It sounds like something from muscles or tendoms for what you tell. stop stressing that zone and stretch, if it does not dissapear or decreases, go see a doctor.

I’ve been looking for specific exercises to treat the main back problems (kyphosis, lordosis and scoliosis). I found these exercises to overlap when I was searching for info, so I guess they are good general stretching – back exercises.
I’ll post the specific exercises I found another day.
They are yoga poses, whenever you are looking for this kind of stuff remember “Asana” means pose. I tried to search their names so you can google them if you like.

-Cat/cow
-Sun salutation
-Virabhadrasanal
-Chaturanga
-Balasana
-Malasana

Noticed a lump on my upper left back/trap 2 weeks ago, no real pain unless flexed pretty hard and then very mild but it's ugly as shit. Anybody else get this? A lot of people are saying cyst but I think not.

Lateral spiral line stretches, increase strength to deltoids (bilateral), seratus posterior sup/inf and work on your breathing/posture.

I do massage and work on people like you every day

Are rows and pull-ups enough to build a good back?
What else could be needed?

i've got a question - recently i've been going up in deadlift and decided to switch to mixed grip. my left hand was underhand, and my right hand was overhand. I noticed the next day, later in the day, that my right rear dealt was pretty sore. It felt like i needed to crack it, but eventually just let it go away, which it did. i also feel as if my lats are generally tight and dont move very well.

I've foamed rolled my lats, and it seems to help but doesn't really open them up properly. i'm usually pretty spot on when it comes to understand pain and issues around my lower body, but my upper body i have a more difficult time fixing. Any tips or ideas? i want to be strong with a mixed grip

bump

I can't stop rolling my right shoulder for some reason. I don't know how else to describe it, its not even a movement I can do with my left one. It feels like my right shoulder just has way too much freedom. Anyone know what I'm on about?

how 2 stop hunching? i have to work at a desk like 10 hours a day or more and i just cant keep it up

deadlifts,maybe rack pulls

So stretch spiral line and strengthen serratus and deltoids? I have same problem as they guy you answered to

Nice! it's the first time I see this thread survive the night.

Hyperextensions. these two would work the upper part of the back mostly, you forgot about the lower half.

When you think about hunching you are thinking about kyphosis. I also spend a lot of time in front of a computer and I'm searching for solutions, I want to try a couple of them, but I don't think you could use it at your work. one would be these ortopedic chairs (pic related). other one would be the pilates balls.

These are the exercises and stretchings I found when looking for kyphosis exercises.

-Cat/cow
-Shoulder opening (stick over head) (pull out without moving your hands, like trying to stretch the stick)
-Shoulder opening (stick over head, tilt back)
-Cow face asana
-Sun salutation
-Virabhadrasanal
-Utthita trikonasana
-Marichyasana
-Salabhasana
-Ustrasana
-Setu bhanda (bridge)
-Shavasana
-Inf abs. Lifting legs.
-I‘m not sure about these two, I’m testing them
>Kiba dachi ¿?
>Dumbell row ¿?
-dumbbell posterior deltoid raises (sit down)

wouldn't rows hit the spinal erectors as well?

why would i need deadlifts or hyperextensions?

1/3

Wrong pic.

2/3

3/3

but those two hit the spinal erectors pretty well, even if they're not highlighted in delaviers book.

I can't tell otherwise, I don't see them in these pics, but keep in mind.
Look at first post pic, the muscle you talk about runs parallel to the spine. therefore, it works when you lean back and forward.
My guess is that rows will work this muscle, but hyperextensions should isolate it better.

JEFF CAVALIERE MOTHERFUCKERS!

yeah, sure, hyperextensions would isolate it.

but that goes for any back muscle and isolation exercises for it.

I still don't see why you'd need anything but rows and pull-ups for building the back?