What now?

Sup fit,

I ignored the trolls and fell for the SS meme. I did SS for a year and ate dirty surplus and kept getting stronger. 6'3" 270 lbs and all y
Lifts are 3x5 sets of 1/2/3/4. I have always been fat but now I want to cut. I don't think squattinf very workout is smart on a cut, so what routine should I do?

Thinking 5/3/1 with some hyper trophy for assistance exercises.

H-help Veeky Forums

the only way to actually cut after following Meme Strength is gear. You've fucked your musculature and metabolism following that shiz

Thanks bro gonna kys myself

Bump

Not true. Just get on a good PPL routine and be strict on your diet. Do 1 week strength training 2 week hypertrophy and you'll be set.

if by PPL you mean purplepandalabs then yea

So, this is what 1 year of SS looks like?

wow, SS really is a meme.

1) Tell your gf to clean all of her shit off from around the sink
2) Do an Arnold Split. Chest/Back, Arms/Shoulders, Legs, repeat

Why not just a strength routine with hypertrophy for targeted areas like shoulders chest and lats? From what I understand it's more about maintaining muscle/strength on a cut not gaining.

With a shit diet and starting out fat. I live with three gay men (I'm straight and single). They're a fucking mess sometimes.

>dirty bulk + SS = got fatter and stronger
woah it's almost like you did exactly what you set out to do.

Holy lmao you look like absolute shit for someone doing SS for a year

Doesn't surprise me though because any man with a dirty mirror is usually a dyel

You still have enough bf that you can gain muscle while losing fat. You mostly need it in your arms. If you want to keep doing strength stuff you can do something like PHUL, although I've never tried it.

LMFAO HOW IS THIS SS EVEN A THING!?!?!? I literally see 3+ people a day post the exact same results looking horribly worse then when they started...it's like the most epic troll to date

because retards like OP do it incorrectly or don't actually put effort into it and then they come to Veeky Forums complaining which induces a sense that SS is just a meme and not a decent beginner program

reddit strength is the greatest troll fitness has ever pulled on naive numales

>If you follow the instructions SS tells you to do then you're doing it wrong
SS was made by a guy who doesn't give a shit at all about how you look, only pure strength. Which is why it's good for skeletons and high schoolers. What it's not good is the average chubby/skinny fat guy who wants to look decent.

Also on SS and other routines where you're in the gym for less than half the week, you should actually be doing shit like cardio on rest days.

Just do PPL lmao

Get rid of that body hair and thank me later

Factually false. Rippetoe doesn't say to always eat as a surplus unless you're a hungry skeleton. He goes out of his way to say that if you're overweight and doing SS you shouldn't be bulking and that you'll end up leaner by virtue of gaining muscle and eating just enough to do your lifts and be recovered for the next session. It's guys like Wendler that tell people that you literally can't be eating at maintenance or cutting while doing 5/3/1 or beyond 5/3/1.

If you're going to talk about a program you should at least know a little bit about it. SS is a solid beginner program and everyone should either run it or Veeky Forums Greyskull as beginners because they allow you to gain the most mass and strength. PPL isn't something a beginner should ever be doing because it's sub optimal compared to doing a fullbody routine 3x a week, literally any 3x week full body routine is better.

Furthermore, the reason you don't do cardio while running a strength building or hypertrophy program is because cardio takes away from your recovery and contributes to missing your reps/not progressing as fast as you should. This shouldn't be confused for lack of conditioning as conditioning is very important for any lifter.

Educate yourself idiot.

he's full of shit. Youve got enough muscle, just cut and keep lifting. your strength will decrease but nothing too bad.
Dont worry, you are in a good position.

its for strength and nothing else. i dont know why people post their body "progress", it's obviously not intended to make you look good.
For strength it works tho. tfw half my roommates size and in spite of being a gym regular he's a complete wuss compared to me

>
Honestly though how much of this is genetics? I've been running stronglifts w/ accessories for four months and bulking and I'm happy with how I'm starting to look. Kind of different for everyone, eh senpai?

OP here thanks bro. I know I didn't do the routine that would bring me aesthetics the fastest but I'd rather be forever bulking than some dyel 'ottermode' phaggots like the other guys posting here. I figure my strength and muscle mass will help me cut faster, and I'll have a stronger back and core which is another reason I started lifting.
you have obviously never had a woman give you dome while rubbing your chest hair from below.

while genetics play a role certainly, i'd argue that effort and diet are a bigger factor.
Macros, total calories and how hard you push yourself in the gym.
Especially the last part is very underrated. You can measure the first two, but people's perception of how hard they work is subjective and varies wildly, leading to both different outcomes in terms of muscle growth (be it strength or size/aesthetic) as well as fat loss (due to how you factor in your exercise into what you can eat)

this

some people will go balls to the wall, while some will tap out the moment they are out of comfort zone.

I reached 4pl8 diddly in 7 months while almost snapping my shit up in the process but i worked hard for it, and im pretty sure there are people who could achieve it faster because there was still a lot of room for more dedication and even harder work.

if i would rate effort in scale of 0 being you dont give a flying fuck and 10 being you are going to die if you wont do it i was reaching maybe 7. Most people you see at gym wont reach lets say 4.

They want results but no one wants to put hard work into it. And by hard work i dont mean doing set of curls to failure.
I mean doing compounds that reach 95% of your 1rm

What i learned from mr Eric Bugenhagen is that your work ethic and effort is much more important that all the meme supps, cookie cutter programs and all bullshit pushed by fitness gurus thats supposed to make you jackes with no effort.

damn 6'3 270 lbs
with those stats 1/2/3/4 should be doable after like 4 months what were u doin

pls go Phil

what a waste of time ss is, just trains your CNS, hardly any actual muscle mass gains.

you need high volume with max contraction through the whole rep

literally who

>haha my dude let me just relax this contraction in the middle of deadlift or squat rep, thats what we all ss victims do
Those are kind of people who give you training advice

I know its you, Phil

im about as ugly as him but its not me
this is me

if he shares my views, well then, hes probably chill guy. i know he did some stuff with manlet destiny. But only youtubers i really follow are chris duffin and eric bugenhagen

thats eric bugenhagen u idiot

>Not posting The Enhanced version

LOL. funny af, post the before picture aswell

you could stop eating shit and do some cardio.

Wild idea I know.

This is what peak performance looks like

What is it with these morons who think they can pack unbelievable ammounts of muscle in such a sjort ammount of time by overfeeding?

Listen retards, gaining 2kg a month is already TOO MUCH as a bulk, half of that WILL be fat or water.

It's been proven time and time again that unless you take copious ammounts of steroids you will not be able to increase the ammount of muscle you gain by just eating more, maybe a couple of grams per month yeah, at the cost of 2lb of fat if you're lucky.

Stop doing retarded diets and doing retarded cookie cutter "programs".

>Did SS for a year
>Has only reached 1/2/3/4 for sets of 5
Sure thing bro I'm sure you did SS.

SS was literally "made" by a guy who gloats about training with people who do retarded minimalist training like doing one rep and one set of squat and bench and deadlift a week while going from 220 to 250lb lean jacked with veins in the 1980's.

Rippetoe is a retard who doesn't understand how the human body works without steroids, anyone with two brain cells can tell you will NOT get noticeable gains like this training like a powerlifter without MASSIVE AMMOUNTS OF STEROIDS.
Every single guy in the ipf who are borderline natty does a lot of volume, have hypertrophy focused blocks of training where they beat the shit out of their bodies and never go on massive bulks because they know by experience that it doesn't work.

Nah you don't know shit. OP probably looks exactly like he did before SS.

How is that an argument for SS?

>guy does strength program that doesn't give a shit how you look afterwards
>gets strong af
>looks like shit but probably the same as before
>HURR DURR SS IS A SHIT PROGRAM RIPPETOE IS A RETARD
Also
>SS
>Powerlifting

DNP for 6 weeks and keep the same routine

Get a belt sander and remove those heinous tattoos on your body.

shhhhhh are you sleepy, time to sleep

i'm going to bed, let's all sleep

brah, there aren't enough reps in diddlys

>this is your body on SS

What are your lifts?

Are you fucking illiterate?

>implying one the big selling points of SS isn't how supposedly you can get huge ammounts of muscle mass fast as a beginner by overeating like a fucking fat american dumbass

>looks like shit but probably the same as before

how is that an argument for SS being good or even "OK" if it grants mediocre strength and muscular gains?

>gets strong af

he's 270lb and can't overhead press more than 1 plate for 5 reps.

did the same mistake op but i went even further than u
did sl 5x5 on a cut for 7 months then TM on a bulk for 3 months
everything seemed pointless i looked like shiit again
so I just made up my own routine thats balanced for my body instead of squatting 3 times a week
I literally just do all main lifts 2 times a week 3x5 and then do accessories for upperbody
thats it

>1/2/3/4 at 270lb
>strong af

squat 3x5 of 3 plates after a year?

i dont get it, did you start with the bar?

SS took me from 1.5 pl8 5x5 to 3.5 pl8 3x5 in 4 months

i did 5/3/1 for 5 cycles afterwards and made good gains I would recommend it then after that something like Sheiko

if this is true you're a genetic freak when it comes to squatting

where was your deadlift at?

How the fuck do people get so strong so fast yet still look like shit.
TFW I lift less weight and make slower progress but I probably have more muscle than this faggot. Then again I do way higher volume and spend 12 hours a week lifting in the gym not including cardio.

You faggots need to stop egolifting and actually lift to get a sick fucking pump.

Perfect form + high volume = hypertrophy gains

In 6 months my squat went from 95 lb to 115 lb including the bar.

I'm a 185 lb male.

>You still have enough bf that you can gain muscle while losing fat.

OP here to defend myself a little.

Again I started out fat, I was abt 230 and basically untrained besides some uneducated lifting about a year ago. I now have what I think is a good strength base to cut with rather than starting out with a cut and ending up looking terrible with loose skin. This is the worst I will ever look if I stay strict with my diet.

I think I made a smart choice. Sorry I'm not fucking squatting 5plate not everyone is froglifts ffs

is this some kind of joke
I want to know before replying seriously

>those tattoos

Yeah you're not straight either faggot.

There's some piss on your underwear, lad.

>270 lbs
>atrophied arms

JUST

This does not look like you did starting strength for a year, I know it doesn't focus on aesthetics, but still, you shouldn't look like this unless your bf is really high