Running gains

Currently I can only Sprint for a couple of minutes before getting pretty tired

How can I run more whithout getting tired?

Coke or meth should help you out.

HIIT.

Its impossible to sprint for a couple minuted at full pace.

Sprinting that long would be tiring. Got a pb in a 5k! Also went sub 10 in 2 mile

interval training

It looks like he's doing a block start in trainers lol

congratulations on your world record 800m

>sub 10 minute 3.2km run

i call bullshit

If you can "sprint" for a couple minutes you're not actually sprinting. World-class sprinters can only sustain their top speed for around 60 meters.

thats a terrible running position
world class sprinters can sprint for at least 400m

wow we have a near olympian on this board. 3.2km in sub 10 is literally approaching olympian tier.

anyone got any good foot strengthening exercises? My left foot supinates hard so its alot weaker than my right. Makes running awkward

nope, a 400m is not an all out sprint. humans cannot sustain their absolute maximum top speed for more than around 60 m

also, that's what proper block form looks like, though it would make more sense if he actually had blocks there

As this is the running thread

I'm doing my first race tomorrow (10km). What should I do today to prepare?

Get enough rest and nutrition.

I do a 2.2km in a sub 7m you're just unfit mate

>60m
maybe if youre 5'2 but I can sprint at least 200m easily

I know you must get this question often, but how do I deal with shin splints? I'm trying to combine running and basketball (and occasional lifting), but my shin splints keep coming back every couple of months. My form is good as far as I know and my shoes are new, so that's probably not the issue.
Should I drop basketball? Lose some weight? Just continue with what I'm doing and get dry needling every couple of months?

what? thats far more easily doable than an additional kilometer at the same pace you retard. I ran 100m in 11,3s but I cant run 1000m in under 2 minutes.

I need to run 3 km under 12 minutes.
I tried this morning and I was at 13:36.
How do I improve really fucking fast (two weeks)?

Interval training (100m sprint, 100m slow pace, repeat)
10km with HIIT, lunges every 2nd day
4-5km good pace alternating the longer 10km runs
Loose weight
get your meal timing right two, three days before you start running.

t. 3300m in cooper test with 16

how do you know your form is good? what part of the foot do you land on

calf raises and rest got rid of mine a few years back

I'm trying to land as flat as possible. I used to heel strike, but I think I've mostly eliminated that in my running.

How many reps did you do and for how long?

>two 5 minute miles
>olympian tier

Don't get me wrong, sub-10 is pretty quick, but that barrier is regularly broken by high schoolers. Real olympians run 26 consecutive sub-5 miles.

Build up your cardio fitness with long-distance running.

Run 400m repeats
Get on a track and run one lap in 60 seconds. Rest 3 minutes and do it again. Rinse and repeat until you think you're going to die, then do one more

Guys, you're just wrong. A sub 10 min 2-mile is impressive, but it's nowhere near Olympian-tier, he's not even breaking 3min/km pace. A sub 10 2-mile is roughly equivalent to a sub 16 minute 5k. Tremendously impressive, but far from the Olympic level

its been a bit, but probably something like 3 sets of 15-20 every other day.

Went away after a 2-3 weeks but i may have had a minor case.

Can verify that sub-10 3200 is fast but not that fast
I broke 11 minutes in the two-mile before I broke 5 minutes in the mile

Man, I gotta start running again.

You're both fucking wrong the actual answer is around 180 meters

After a run put your feet up for a couple of minutes and then let blood flow back in them so you get that warm feeling in your legs. Repeat as you please.

Hot-cold theraphy in the shower for your shins.

Do sets of +20 bodyweight calf raises spread throughout the day.

Those are some tips that have helped me with my shin splints. Obviously get your running form right and make sure you have proper shoes. And avoid running on hard surfaces.

Stretching works miracles. Applying cold to your shins after runs helps as well.

What I always do is making sure I sleep at least 8h the night before a race, eating my last big meal at least 2h before the race and trying to eat a bit more carbs on the day of the race. I also try to go to the toilet right before the start to avoid unwanted bowel movements. Good luck user!

keep running

>sprint for a couple of minutes
Experts in sprinting literally sprint for less than 13 secs. You're a fucking idiot, OP. The point is covering more ground on LESS time, you big, big, idiot.

Work through them you little bitch, shin splints are the first barrier that separates the boys from the men.
T. ran cross country and track in HS, only kids to do good were the ones that ignored shin splints, they go away eventually if you aren't a fag

ya it was in the 5000 meter that I got the sub 10 3200 XD
the first two laps were 43 seconds off pace 0-o
77 & 80 seconds respectively
led the race for about 9 laps :P
lawl thanks bro but I'm still needing to lose 2 minutes over the course of a 5k if I want to do the olympics for my country (burgerstan)
if I were a to get a sex change maybe I would be very close to qualifying tho ^^

Early night, good breakfast and pit-stop before hand, got it.