Anyone on here fast for extended time? I do IF but last week I fasted for 26 hours and found it relatively easy...

Anyone on here fast for extended time? I do IF but last week I fasted for 26 hours and found it relatively easy. I'm looking to do 46 hours this week.

Anyone else? got some tips? i already drink plenty of water and black coffee

Other urls found in this thread:

tim.blog/2015/11/03/dominic-dagostino/.
thequantifiedbody.net/fast-mimicking-diet/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here's a tip: don't marathon fast. There comes a point after fasting like that where it's hard to start eating again because it fucking hurts. You won't be able to get enough calories in a day and you'll be weak as fuck trying to recover.

How long is too long?

Fasting over the weekend is fine but don't push it. People do go seven days but it fucks them up.
Why are you doing this in the first place? You should be building muscle.

I fast 24-48 hours every once in awhile mostly to build mental toughness. I take some BCAAs and have a bit of coconut oil to minimize muscle loss. Listen to the Tim Ferriss podcast below for some tips: tim.blog/2015/11/03/dominic-dagostino/. Tim's new book also covers fasting protocols.

Fasting helps with weight loss. There is no real evidence to suggest fasting causes muscle loss either or that you can't gain muscle while fasting.

ive done 36 and 48 hour fasts before. Feels really fucking nice after the first day or so when you get over wanting to eat and can just kind of cruise through the day. ive been wanting to do another one recently to get back into ketosis quicker

Taking BCAA will completely negate the benefits of fasting.

Ur Krav maga Coach explains the benefits of fasting and praying...Veeky Forums says it's meme science

It's always funny seeing you guys come to class and get your shit kicked in by 50 year old israeli vets who know their shit. Keep building those muscles though :^)

How cant you go 6 minutes on the mat with a 50 year old and you're on 3 different anabolic steroids. What a joke. You're not even close to fit.

Imagine if that 50 year old were your age and trained. Please go on with your muh roiding to get gassed in less than 5 minutes

>Krav maga
How much are you paying for that?

Anything other than water kick starts your metabolic system again so coffee is breakin your fast. Good luck next time dyel

stop spreading misinformation lol

that's info coming from dr rhonda patrick. phd in biomedicine science

It's a contested issue. I prefer to have some insulin in the tank when during fasted workouts and to be extra cautious about the possibility of losing muscle.

>something with 0 calories can kickstart metabolic system
>listening to people who go on the joe rogan podcast

hehehe

>tfw 0 calories means your liver and kidneys don't metabolise it

where do you think the caffeine and toxins in the coffee go?

We take care of our own. I help his kid get ready for that ivy league life and get trained.

How to Win Friends and Influence People :^)

>what is meth

>BCAAs
exactly what said, and no, its by no means 'contested' issue, it elevates insulin levels and inhibits gluconeogenesis and lipolysis processes initiated in majority after 24h+ of fasting by hormonal response.

your muscles (or rather lean body mass) are 'supposed' to be protected by previously mentioned hormonal response to fasting in which your body releases way more GH spikes that are gradually stronger each time in contrast to someone eating regular meal plan.GH itself seems to be able to prevent any muscle loss in normal study subjects and i have even found article where a guy tried Fast Mimicking diet (5days) and through 12 days (5d fast+7 days refeed like normal) he seemed to gain from 1.3-1.7kg lean muscle mass (measured respectively with Omron scale and BodPod) here is the link thequantifiedbody.net/fast-mimicking-diet/ .I couldnt find any study related to athletes/weightlifting unfortunately.

He thinks dietary supplements are meth
Confirmed retard

ima bout to start my yearly ramadan fast

Boo
Hiss