QTDDTOW

Didn't see one when I searched.

Im currently running ICF 5x5. The workouts already take a decent amount of time but I really want to add dips and pull/chin ups to the routine. How can I go about doing this? Replace rows and curls? Or just add these excercises at the very end of my session?

Other urls found in this thread:

outalpha.com/the-out-alpha-novice-program/
youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
youtube.com/watch?v=4T9UQ4FBVXI
hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-ultra-man-caplets-60031489
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have several stupid questions I hope some anons can help me with:

Would a Diuretic be a good option for me? I hold water weight pretty bad, and look noticibly worse in my face when I'm abit bloated. If I want to look good for the occasional 2 dates I haev a year, would a diuretic and drinking alot of water help me look good for that one day?

Any disadvantage or benefit from cutting a workout into two seperate time slots in your day? I have equipment at home, and sometimes I just like to do 2 different 30-1hr workouts, being atleast a few hours inbetween each other. Does this cause problems like cortisol buildup or whatever?

Should I do Scooby Dead Lifts or just regular old boring deadlifts?

i can only squat a2g with about 75% of what i usually rep to parallel, and i was thinking about just always doing that, a2g for every rep, up and down slowly with perfect form, and just gradually work up to heavier weights while maintaining that. is it worth doing it that way round?

add a no-rest superset at the end of the workout, dips to max reps, chins to max reps, dips, chins, dips, chins. Will take 5 minutes and will blow up your arms. Maybe alternate workouts do chest dips and pullups.

I'm a wristlet, how do i get wrist gains?

Should i bulk or cut?

I realize I'm still small but I've been gaining too much fat at the rate I've been bulking and a few people have told me that I should cut. I was thinking about doing leangains this summer

6'2" 195lbs.

>dips

enjoy destroying you're shoulders

should Gains be taxed?

What are the benefits of using Trap-Bar Deadlift instead of normal Deadlift?
Will do Alex Programm and he says Trap Bar 2x5 is that any good?

Trap Bar deads put more emphasis on the quads and are less taxing on the lower back. All the dudes in my unit trap bar deadlift because our lower backs are already taxed and fucked enough from jumping out of planes, rucking, running around in body armor, and other miscellaneous man shit

I'd ask that fat fraud for his opinion, but he doesn't even have a tax system in his books

Db or BB curls?

I thought you want to train the lower back with deadlifts or am I misinformed?

Is it better to be jacked and little or tall and skinny?

My hip flexors really hurt after I finish a set of sumo deadlifts? What should I do?

im 6'1'' for the record

How does Veeky Forums do their fish?

Looking to try it out and mix things up from chicken all the time

Are BCAAs a meme?

I wanna try some on my cut and only heard good things, though might be the shills getting to me

Opinions on dumbbell flys vs dumbbell curls? Just do both?

trap bar still trains the lower back well.
it's just more limited by leg strength than back strength like a conventional deadlift.

Just done a 10km race.

Is a full marathon in October too steep a jump? Should I focus on the half instead?

is it ok to do different parts of a routine on the same day? for example, bis and back in the morning, chest and tri in the afternoon

Barbell.

Who cares?

Video lift and see form.

Broiled salmon is god tier.

No; they're good for muscle protein synthesis provided you're lifting in a fasted state. Take about 30 minutes before workout.

Do neither.

Depends how you train.

Yes

I tried to decline bench with 70 lb dumbbells and have never felt like a bigger retard in my life. Getting the dumbbells on my chest was the most awkward maneuvering I've ever done.

How do you self-set up decline dumbbell press

dumbell.
barbell can fuck up wrists.

probably not engaging glutes properly.

do both

Ya, deads are great for lower back as long as you're pulling correctly. The problem is when lifting isn't the main focus, but rather a complement to what you're doing. You'll see lots of athletes and military guys using the trap bar to deadlift because their lower backs are already used a lot. No sense in getting an overuse injury when your main objective is really winning athletic competitions or killing people.

Can someone explain how to cut in a nutshell?

Does stretching before or after lifting help or hurt or do nothing?

before might impact performance negatively a bit.

if you can't go through the full range of motion on the exercises you're doing, stretching will help.
if a muscle(group) feel tight because of (over)use, stretching can help.

in most other cases it does nothing.

if you stretch a lot beyond what's necessary, it can negatively impact performance, and even increase risk of injury.

>Do neither.
>do both

started taking antipsychotics, antidepressants, anxiolytics, went from 70kg to 110kg kek

a 1000 calories deficit is 1600 calories. can I go lower? do I risk loose skin?

you didn't notice gaining over half your bodyweight?

eating too few calories might make you feel shit.
adding cardio can be a better way to lose weight.

I did notice it. I just didn't give a shit

I usually take a caffeine pill or preworkout to help give me energy and increase the quality of my workout at the gym, but lately after taking either or, I just get tired so I take a nap.

Dafuq? Why it do this?

Calories expended > calories ingested
And eat lots of protein if you've already got muscle that you'd like to preserve

how can you not give a shit gaining so much weight?

neet, no social life, no gf, no friends, haven't left house in almost a month (last checkup). not many reasons to care.

but i decided it would be cute to try being a trap so i need to get back to 65-70 :3

Currently supplementing with:

>Zinc
>L-Arginine
>Aspirin
>Choline
>Fish Oil
>Chondroitin

Is there anything on here I don't need, and is there anything I'm missing?

oh, that sucks, im sorry.
hope it gets better.

>wanting to be a trap
>going from fat to skinny
Good luck with that. Had the same aspirations but loose skin has more or less guaranteed that's not happening.

Tolerance is increasing. Lay off a bit or it'll just get worse.

well fuck.

How long?
How long to totally reset it?

You can replace it with conventional deadlift 1x5 or even behind the back deadlift 1x5.
outalpha.com/the-out-alpha-novice-program/

Depending on how much you've worked yourself up to, a week at most. B Vitamins are good energy sources. It's why sips are actually a good preworkout.

Hey dudes.

>150lbs
>5'8''
>2500 calorie daily average
>can comfortably bench 155lbs, 3 sets at 8 reps

What mode am I by Veeky Forums standards? Also, can you guys suggest some next steps? Thanks.

>pic related

Cut

Stop thinking about modes. You're a beginner. Keep lifting.

>sips

I knew it wasn't a meme

What said

Stop looking in the mirror to see if you've made it and start looking at the heavier weights.

To answer your question, you're a half a step in front of DYEL

hey guys i'm currently doing SL 5x5 but everyone is shitting their brains out on it. can anyone recommend a good PPL routine for a skinny lil bitch like me? trying to get to a beautiful ottermode.

Halp. Plz.

It makes no sense to take a diuretic then drink a lot of water. Chances are you're just fat. Check your legs and arms for pitting edema. If you don't have it, then don't bother with diuretics.

No problem with breaking up your lifts.

Just do any heavy deadlift variation. Idk what Scooby deadlifts are, but I'm betting it's some shitty shit with a skateboard.

Just break parallel by a couple inches. Going a2g does nothing but fuck up your knees faster. Don't autistically slow reps either. Have a controlled descent, use the stretch reflex at the bottom, and drive out hard and fast.

You don't. There aren't muscle bellies in the wrist. Pretty much just tendons, bones, and nerves. It's unlikely weight training will have any measurable effect on your wrist size.

Supposedly dumbbell, because it actually works the bicep through the full ROM by incorporating supination at the top. But likely doesn't fucking matter.

One trains chest, the other trains biceps. Do dumbbell curls. Do cable flies instead of dumbbell, as you keep more tension at the top of the movement.

Practice with lighter dumbbells.

A beginner that has had some gains in his first months of lifting, but is still small and not very strong.

Just do SL and add some arm work and calf raises. It literally doesn't matter what beginner routine you do. Just do one.

thanks lads

Easiest way for me is to eat the same things just less. So instead of 2 gal of milk/week I'll get 1. Big jar of PB-->small jar. Cut carbs like bread and rice...etc. And cut all the obviously unhealthy food. Eat as much chicken or fish as you can.

it doesn't matter? really? ok that's great thanks

there are minor differences between programs and whatnot.

but the main thing is how long you stick with lifting.
if you're still lifting a couple of years later, your starting routine will have made no appreciable difference.
so just start out with doing what you enjoy most.

how do i train my doddly grip?
failing around 3.5 pl8

When people say," I was able to bench 2pl8" does that mean 2 plates total or two plates on each side?

Can noobie gains me made at maintenance? I'm trying greyskull, am progressing on squat/bench/DL but OHP is stalling pretty hard.

2x per week: squats, pullups, dips, curls
1.5x per week: bench press, OHP
1x per week: DL, facepulls, rows

What do you think?

I just got off SL while cutting. My squats stopped going up. I don't know what program to do next for a dirty bulk.

My situation is a bit weird since I did SL because I had to take damn near a year off as a result of unrelated injuries so my lifts shot back up pretty quick. I was thinking either TM/cow or 531.

200lbs, 6'2"
355 squat
390 diddly
220 bench
145 ohp

for reference

Help me Veeky Forums you got me this far.

For a fatty that is lifting and cutting, at what point does cutting mess with muscle gains?

Cutting will always mess with hypertrophy and strength gains. All you can do it try and mitigate some of it.

You can gain muscle and strength on a cut, especially as a noobie lifter if you are careful. It just won't be nearly as fast as say, full retard bulking like a strongman/powerlifter but that isn't your goal right now.

tl;dr: the entire time.

having some real trouble progressing on bench, could use some advice

doing madcow 5x5, following the numbers outlined in the spreadsheet, deadlift and squat are progressing normally (5lbs per week) but my bench, and to a lesser extent, ohp, is severely lagging. It seems every time I break a plateau, I stall the very next week, and i've had to deload again for the second time

Any advice? Like I said, squat and DL are progressing nicely so I'm confused as to why my bench isn't

2 plates on each side.
225lbs in the US, or 100kg everywhere else.

bench and ohp use smaller muscles, so there's less room to progress.
so you'll stall earlier on them.
after having to deload a third time, switch to a different program for bench and ohp.
take a look at nuckols free programs (strongerbyscience.com).

candito bench

also work your form for ohp and bench. often overlooked. i was doing ohp wrong for fucking years.

youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI

youtube.com/watch?v=4T9UQ4FBVXI

What if I ate only boiled chicken, rice, and broccoli everyday. What would be missing from my diet?

Also what is the ultimate diet if someone doesn't care about taste but only wants to build muscle?

How to not be such a fucking manlet Veeky Forums? I turned 18 one month ago and i'm 5'7" btw

dude if you seriously think being that tall is a burden, then you need to stop browsing this site until your brain has fully developed.

You'd miss all kinds of micronutrients, and probably get sick.
Performance would go to shit long term.

"Ultimate" diet is just a normal healthy diet (enough fiber, vitamins, minerals, and variety), but with more complex carbs (to fuel workouts and help build muscle post-workout) and protein (to recover and build muscle).
Variety is really important long term.

Which nutrients stand out to you and can my diet be supplemented with... supplements?

Have a few actually if anons know the answers to them:

How to get thick eyebrows and full beard (patchy beard atm)?

Should I take these bad boys daily or something better? Needs to be from this shop. hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-ultra-man-caplets-60031489

Is there anything I should be taking daily for health benefits for life like omega 3 as an example?

Thanks in advance anons.

don't be a lazy bum.
put in some effort, and eat a varied healthy diet with enough complex carbs and enough protein.

Why does variety matter if I can't hit all the necessary nutrients without variety?

what?

HELP ME BRAHS I WANNA MAKE IT

Use chalk, mix your grip, do static holds after you get done deadlifting.

Yes.

Those are random frequencies. I would bench more and facepull more.

If you have time for it, I would do a Sheiko template.

How do I recover faster? Is every other day lower body/upper body too often even if I'm doing bodyweight exercises?

You mean like:
UxLxUxLx....?
No, that's completely fine.

I've been trying to do that and my exercises are shit. I only feel satisfied if I do LxUxRxLxUxR...

What? x = rest day. Nobody writes rest days as "R".

For example, SS is

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

Oh. Well in my original question I meant to ask it LULULU... was too much, even tho I'm doing bodyweight exercises. I'm assuming now that it is.

Is starting strength any good?

If you progress better with rest days, then take them.

I've been feeling like shit about myself because I can't even handle every other day workouts when there are guys doing pushups and shit everyday.

Yeah. I had shitty lifts, then I actually did SS for real. Pushed to 335x5 on squat, 225x5 on bench, and 475x1 on deadlift. That was a long time ago. I'm now 455 on squat, 275 bench (lmao), and 585 deadlift. If you actually follow the progression, put weight on the bar every session, it will make you stronger very quickly. Add some curls and calf raises if you want. Do the chin-ups and shit like the program says.

I got weightlifting shoes and now my squat is horrible. I was used to converse that I had ripped the insoles out of. I never had a flexibility problem and I didn't really want the heel lift, I just wanted solid stable shoes with no squish. These fuckers are beautiful (old do-wins off ebay) but I don't know what's real anymore when I'm in the hole. How do I learn to squat again? I'm 10 weeks into SS.

Keep squatting, you'll get used to it.

Is a rowing machine a better substitute for cycling machine and treadmill?

I thought sheiko was for advanced all my stats are intermediate

Are 1RM calculators reliable? I should be close to a lmao4pl8 squat soon but I don't wanna die

There are templates for more intermediate lifters.

They're generally close, as long as you use something that's 5 reps or less.

My Delts are severely lacking. What are some good deltoid exercises ?

thanks user

Arnold press 5x10-12

This was me fishing for consolation, anons. Tell me I'm not a little bitch. Pls no bully.

How do I accurately find my maintenance working a physical job? Some days at the gym I feel like a boss and I'm gaining strength then others weak as fuck and tired. Feels like I'm spinning my wheels a bit

I wore a pedometer and I am doing roughly 28k steps a day and that doesn't account for all the heavy shit I'm picking up and squatting up and down all day.

Just started lifting. How do you you guys load the bar for deadlift. Its a fucking struggle to even load 1 45 plate. The plate seems to refuse to ho in.