What is your abs routine? google has a lot of them...

what is your abs routine? google has a lot of them, but I heard that sit-ups and crunch give you backproblems and thats the why the US and Canadian army banned them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AtpK6OdomY0
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=122&v=ykxt3Q5mQ7A
t-nation.com/training/best-exercise-for-a-smaller-waist
bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm
startbodyweight.com/p/plank-progression.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=AtpK6OdomY0

It's legit. I'm cutting my diet down now that winter's over so I'll get dem abz again.

>sit-ups and crunch give you backproblems

kek

I do 100m sprints, V-ups, mason twists, and pull ups. Always having your core activated is also a good way to work em in while doing other things

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=122&v=ykxt3Q5mQ7A

Quiet when the king speaks

I do:
weighted planks
hanging leg raises
weighted decline sit ups

Also, I do front squats which seem to work them well.

dragon flies 3x12
at the end of every gym day

running is the only thing that will give you abs, anyone that says otherwise is a liar or they're on steroids and fat burners

Why do people still try to make ab routines?
You realize pretty much every standing exercise in existence uses your abs, right? They hold up your fucking core.

For primary core work:
>3x5 weighted decline sit ups immediately followed by 10 unweighted decline side-to-sides
>3x10 weighted leg raises

I also do farmer's walks, which work the core pretty well but not primarily.

this. ab roller maybe, I strained something in my left hip and lower abdomen though. be careful
cant really backsquat anymore, switched to FS instead. Like them better anyway
but dragon flies, ab wheel

The light stabilization in standing exercises isn't enough to build a good core.

>le squats n' deadlifts will give you abs meme
I can personally attest that this is bullshit if you want visible abs without going full skelly.

>t. don't lift heavy enough

I do 60, 100 & 200 m sprints, deadlifts squats pull ups, have a a pretty good core.

On a side note, how harmful to aesthetics is 4pack and asymmetrical abdominals?

Yeah I'm not gonna listen to a roided nigger

>Push ups
>Curl ups
>Pull ups
>Running
Former armyfag, anything else is irrelevant.

I don't really have a routine. I do 15 mins of abs after every workout. I swich between leg raises, ball crunches, weighted russian twists, ball crunches, planks, superman,...

front squats

done

ab rollers

Fell for the ab wheel meme, and it's actually awesome. Hits my lower abs more than any other ab workout I've ever done. For awhile, I'd subscribed to the meme that compound lifts were enough for abs, and guess what folks, that's total bull shit. Even if you establish a baseline abdominal strength with compound lifts, not only will you not get aesthetic abs, but working your abs will strengthen them further, which helps out a ton with compound lifts.

Use your ab wheel, kids

L-sits

sorry Mr.Fuckboy but you are dead wrong

>fuckboy
Are you a girl? Please take your ebonics back to worldstar

Reversed leg raised

You do a handstand, you throw your feet into a locking position on the bar and then you swing violently with your upper body and make chimp noises

2x a week for 30 minutes planks, crunches, leg raises, toe touches and some ab wheel.

it's a commonly used term on other boards on Veeky Forums dumbass

>implying you won't get to heavy lifts faster by isolating your core

Weighted situps 4x15 twice a week literally all it took to get great abs (given low enough body fat %).

Why make it complicated when it's that simple?

Fuck boy isn't even a black term.

>2017
>having distended stomach even though seeing ab muscle
>weak transverse muscles, back aches, no thin waste from side
>not doing vacuums

>1973
>not having a distended stomach, strong transverse muscles, healthy back
>aesthetic as fuck
>doing vacuums

t-nation.com/training/best-exercise-for-a-smaller-waist
bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm

fuck off nigger

>ab roller
>works lats

You're right its a black LGBT term

thanks tips

That's not how it works lmao. I've never done more than one core exercise in a single workout and haven't done any direct core work in almost 3 months, and squatted over 500 and deadlifted 550 last week.

t. n=1

If you want to get better at a movement, you do that movement or a movement that has significant carryover to that movement and addresses a weakpoint more. Doing core isolations doesn't make your squat and deadlift go up unless your core is a weak point.

Any core exercises to help posture?

Anything that strengthens your core will help your posture

>Doing core isolations doesn't make your squat and deadlift go up unless your core is a weak point.
>unless your core is a weak point.

>If you want to get better at a movement, you do that movement or a movement that has significant carryover to that movement
i know you're trying to sound smart, but just getting bigger muscles will also help you get better at something.
doesn't necessarily have anything to do with movements.

Ab wheel, planks, and V-ups.

doesnt matter what routine you're doing, If you're not doing ab wheels and weighted crunches you dont have a good routine.

I meant weighted planks.

How do I plank so that it puts more emphasis on my core? My arms give out before my abs are even struggling and I've had trainers check my form

Unrelated but should I shave? I feel like its going to look better after but it's a huge hassle

Trimming doesnt sound right either, it's just going to make all my chest hair shorter and harder

Abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. Just cut enough to have them show up.

Basically, if your abs feel fine but your arms start getting angry, just be calm and say to your arms, "It's just a plank bro"

But all jokes aside look up plank progressions, you can do them on your forearms etc. Either way the progressions allow to slowly build up to being able to do a real plank. Then harder plank variations.

for example.
startbodyweight.com/p/plank-progression.html

Verifiably false. You need to have low enough bf% but they'll still be non existent if you haven't built them, just like every other muscle.
Thanks mate

>but I heard that sit-ups and crunch give you backproblems and thats the why the US and Canadian army banned them
well you heard wrong because sit-ups are required on most branch's PFT

This. Never listen to women or niggers unless the nigger is well spoken and knows his shit.

If you've had a active childhood you already have them developed.

Pretty much this a lot of stuff you do in your every day activities trains your abs.

Just go back to the kitchen and cut man I'm telling you.

just fucking eat clen and tren hard dude

I usually hit ab accessories 3 times a week and don't do more than like 2-3 exercises at a time. Main go to's are ab wheel 3x15, 5 minute plank set (1 min of each plank no rest in between), and 3x10 ab extensions. I can't actually do 10 proper ab extensions yet but I'm working up to it. Sometimes I'll throw other things in there to keep it interesting (gotta confuse the muscles brah) but I prefer to do exercises that work your full core as opposed to upper/lower/obliques separately. It's more functional and will help improve pretty much all other lifts. I also swim and row regularly which are god tier for abs.

So did arnold ever do situps or crunches?

What's a transverse muscle??

>What's a transverse muscle??

The articles will explain it. It's transverse abdominal muscles. It's not talked about hardly ever that's why you've never heard of it.

Does scoobs have weird fat distribution of his midsection just fucked

>So did arnold ever do situps or crunches

situps yeah, not sure about crunches, but the vacuums work another, deeper part of the abs, closer to your intestines

>kill abs 6 days a week
>it doesn't matter because I have loose skin from being a fatass so I will never look good anyway

Gotta pay for a lifetime for being fat for 2 years, kek.

loose skin never goes away?

It can be minimized by getting into the 10% body fat range and it retracts a bit for the first 1-3 years. But no it will never be like if you didn't get fat to begin with.

do these work as the only isolation ab exercise or are they meant to be used in conjunction with other exercises like situps and leg lifts and other shit?

I do 6 minutes worth of planks 4 days a week and they've made my core pretty tight. I'm starting to even be able to feel my obliques.