/fat/ - loose skin forever edition

previous thread over 300lbs

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to lose weight

>Sticky
>Even though it is easier to ask, ignore the read the sticky fags
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

sailrabbit.com/bmr/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>when the macros on point

Losertown says I'll hit my goal by 06/07.

I usually have a cheat meal for every 10 lbs lost, but if I just push through I can cycle off of keto and into maintenance...

What's your goal, starting weight, and current weight? Height?

Starting: 300
Current: 192.9
Goal: 174
Height: 6'2"

Read the wrong number. 06/11, not 06/07.

Post MyFitnessPal usernames.

Nice job man!

I do Keto to. You have any tips?

Got dang

When did you start?

Just stick to it, really. I do keto and IF, super strict about it. Get most of my fiber by combining flax seed, fitness fiber and almond milk into a shake. Added protein just to 2 birds, 1 stone.

Drink loads of water. If you have the time get out for a run in the morning and lift at night. I run 2 miles in the morning and do PPLXPPLX at night then 30 minutes on the elliptical after.

It's hard, man. I felt like physically sad the other day looking at food I can't have but I also watch the food channel on the elliptical as a means of discipline.

I dunno. I cultivated this out of self loathing but I got over that so now I'm just doing it for myself.

September 2015 is when I got serious. June of 2015 is when I formally started.

Captain_Hookz

>tfw 800 grams away from hitting my goal

I think I'm making it guys

I lost 100lbs and have loose skin and stretch marks. Is there anything I can do about it to minimize them? I started taking Guta Kola, does anyone have any experience with it? I am almost about to say fuck it and get the stretch marks tattooed over.

Loose skin>>Fasting
Stretch marks, well you gonna have to spend money on that, and even then, they probably never disappear 100%.
Then again, if you're fit, they're not as disgusting. Some tall people who've never been fat just grew too fast during puberty have them.

SnoopDank

>Ate a smol pizza worth about 900 calories
>Took a bunch of supplements that add up to 95 calories
>About to eat a fuckton of fish sticks as a preworkout meal with low sugar ketchup
>Still have 400 calories left to blow after my work out if i want

>not working out fasted then feasting on 1000 cal meal after

Post more of her. Absolutely in love.

>Not feeding beforehand to have the proper energy for maximum gains

Is that a thing? Does that help?

Working out after fasting sounds dangerous.

Welcome to the club

Do people actually encourage one another with that? Having some extra accountability to stop me from fucking up would help

If you are a fat fuck you already have that energy in your belly and your fatass

I've been doing it for months, it helps massively. Mind you, I do IF not a proper fast. I just drink coffee in the morning, go work out then have a protein/fat rich brunch afterwards. As long as you stay hydrated, everything goes smooth.

Hnnngh. Marry me.

Yeah, it's inspiring to see each other's food logs and it (for me at least) makes me feel obligated to do well on calories and macros.

Feel free to add me, my username is Vertigeau.

Only if you lose 50 lbs in 3 months.

Still going just slowly.

that's just a leg, right? I got a hacksaw here somewhere.

How to eat more protein? I eat almost no meat so I'm having problems with getting an adequate amount.

Eat meat.

Eggs, cheese, beans, yogurt

Protein powder, nuts (careful), fish, milk, cheese. I buy some mince and divvy it up into easy to cook portions.

Also, chicken+garlic+black olives is literally HNNNNGGGGG. Holy shit this is the best thing ever.

Protein Bars are pretty tasty user.

I get a lot (~50%) of my protein from powdered stuff.

Leblancischeese , havent logged in in about a month but with peoples status itllotivate to log in more

>sailrabbit.com/bmr/
started:180
last year:130
5'5"
now I'm working on building up some better muscle mass... today was cardio, ran 10k in 55min.

Think of working out in the morning with no breakfast. It's superior in my opinion.

>tfw beginning to actually enjoy exercising and making gains

is this what making it feels like

Yes senpai

Is protein powder worth it if you don't lift super hard? I eat meat regularly often but i don't eat a ton of it, i was thinking of getting protein powder and drinking a shake once in a while to just make sure i get more than enough protein so help minimize muscle loss as i lose weight.

Steady progress is better than no progress my friend. Nice job.

It's literally the cheapest form of protein per gram even if you get quality stuff (Optimum Nutrition).

Is 30 mins of cardio and 30 mins of strength training a good gym routine to start off with? Just started going to the gym a few weeks ago and have mostly doing an hour of cardio a few times a week.

I'm mostly focused on just losing weight right now but I guess I could benefit from having a little muscle growth.

kek

Always do strength training first.
30min cardio will inhibit your lifting, and having muscle growth is infinitely more important than losing fat. You're probably somewhat new to lifting and the first few months are crucial. Of course still do cardio, but just do it last.

You don't want to end up looking like a freak, and right now your noob gains can be excellent due to all that fat you're carrying around. So many fatties neglect lifting till they've hit their target goal. Having more muscle will help you look better, feel better, and burn more calories (higher TDEE).

This has to be samefsgging. I refuse to believe someone is reddit enough to actually laugh at that.

Light cardio though is a good warm up for strength training.

I laughed internally to it.

Is sparkling water actually good and okay to drink? I was shopping yesterday and i saw some new drinks that were just small cans of flavored sparkling water, i live in canada so i guess they would be the canadian equivalent of those la croix drinks. Cans say it's 0 calories just like water but it feels like it's too good to be true or something. Could i actually have a flavored drink with my food and it still be as good as water?

should i just do squats without weights for legs? really cant be arsed to do more than that

It's just carbonated water with artificial flavoring. No calories there.

Your legs contain the biggest muscles in your body. You really should dedicate at least one day to training (with heavy weights) the different groups which are located in your legs. Quads, calves, hamstrings, hip flexors.

I consume a lot of stevia. I mean A LOT. I use it in my oatmeal, smoothies, protein shakes, you name it. Is there any problem with consuming this much since it's literally calorie free?

nah m8, its me

what can i say, i thought it was mildly funny

True, but like a 5-10 minute jiggle jog, not full blown cardio.

You should lift weights. As a fatty your only plus in life the ability for nice legs once you've cut.

sparkling water is much better than diet soda, both in taste and health.

i recommend san pellegrino, spindrift, and la croix.

spindrift might be tough to find up there, but it's plain sparkling water mixed with some real fruit juice and no other ingredients

it's like 1 to 10 calories a can and tastes like soda. the lemon flavor is one of my favorite drinks

It's not as good as water but it is fine.

>loose skin forever edition

Sometime I wonder what's even the point.

You'll look good in clothes at least and be healthy. Surgery is an option too.

anyone of you guys know how I can add weight training to mfp without going through each and every single fkn exercise, seems a pita, i bust my ass for 45 mins if that helps (deadlifts, farmers, bunch of other stuff today for example)

delet this

I know this must be asked a hundred times a day, but short of surgery does anything hep the loose skin? Will muscle gains fill it in eventually?

Don't add it to mfp. If you're cutting there is no reason to make it so you can eat more.

lift weights, or should've lifted weights, least i am hoping that will save me, im 250ish lb, been lifting 18 months, dieting now, even at this weight i dont have the saggy tits some of you guys have here so who knows what will happen, will know in 6 months

People like to lie but no. If it's just a little bit it may go away or be filled in, otherwise surgery is the only option. If you're hit your target weight and maintained for a year, yet still have loose skin, it's time for surgery.

nah im not trying to add it so i can eat more, i just saw the option to track it

this is my fewds for the day

Hmm. It's not been too much of a problem when I lost weight before but I'm 30 now and I got pretty fucking fat. Just have to wait and see I guess

I did lift. I was at a really low deficit tho so it didn't make much difference.

Trying to correct that now, though. Making some progress.

interdasting
i started lifting 18 months ago, went from 220lb to 250ish lbs, im fat but i look more solid than a lot of the pics i see here so i hold hope i just end up with a little pouch at the front at worst

Sum it up to different objectives, senpai. My goal when I started was to be a normal BMI for literally the first time in living memory.

Still not there. Still look like shit. Plan on cutting/recomping until I am. Then I'll bulk.

But hey, I weigh less now than I did in grade school, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Not that guy, but I'm doing keto and feel that same sadness. Almost cried thinking about sweets the other day. S'hard bro.

yeah, sorry if it sounded like i was shitting on you, not doing that, you've done really well.

when i joined the gym, i wanted to lose weight but then i got into deadlifting and squats and would be so hungry, so i ended up putting on so much weight, got my deadlift up to 215kg for 1rm, so im pretty strong i would like to think

i started at 275
im at about 235
my goals are 218 by july (vacation at the sea nee to be shirtless and all that)
and under 200 by i dont care when. i just want it to happen

I'd limit anything you use in excess, personally. But the only thing I've heard about stevia that didn't seem too out there was that it made you crave sweet things.

Started at 422
Dropped down to 235 in a year
Started getting heavy into lifting
Bench/Dead/Squat = 315/415/515 @ 275
Now, it's time for the final cut to 225 lbs.

Almost 30 y/o. The next 10 years will be better than the last 10 years.

>Bench/Dead/Squat = 315/515/415*

i've got a stevia plant, i pick 4-5 leaves each day for a treat, better than the store stuff i think too

Any former /fat/bros got any success stories with girls after they got /thin/?

i'd love to hear some good shit for motivation

Dunno but if you're gay it is /ezmode/

>losing weight for girls

Have fun getting rejected and then gaining it all back. Being fat isn't whats preventing you from getting a gf.

>yes I am projecting a bit

im also interested in this
im pretty social just really bad with women would losing weight help any?

It boosts confidence, so probably. I'm a girl, but half the reason I'm doing this is to get more of a backbone to be more social.

Nah man, I'm not solely losing weight for girls. That'd be stupid. I'm doing it for my health, which I desperately need to keep in check. Girls would be a bonus.

I'm just using the logic that, ceterus paribus, being thinner is more attractive than being fat. Figure I'd simply be more physically attractive (thus more attractive overall) to a larger set of women, which increases my chances.

I mean yeah it helps to not look disgusting, but it's about your personality and charm more than anything. If you can't talk to a girl and be funny and likable, they're just going to hop on your dick.

Looks only makes getting girls easy if you're like 9 or 10 out of 10 chad thundercock. If you're a handsome chad with a good body then your personality doesn't matter at all, you can be a drooling retard and girls will still want to fuck just because. But for normal people, not being fat can help but it's about you as a person. They have to like you and want to be around you or enjoy talking to you.

After some weakness back down to 218lbs once again. With another good spell of dieting I should be able to get pretty hardcore down in weight again. Plan today is a curry with cauliflower rice later with some vegetable curry, should be nice.

Was close to the magic 150kg number by the end of last year, now I'm under 140, and thats with some ups and downs.
Signing up to the gym again last month was the biggest feat so far, I think I should see some quick improvements soon.

Bought up cans of tuna, beans,frozen veggos and some boxes of eggs for the next week, that should kill any sort of hunger cravings and stupid fastfood escalations.
Also did the math and I'll save a lot of cash if I keep on eating like that.

Plan is to drop under 120 by the end of the year.
Under 110 would be the dream.

328 this morning. Was 338 in January and have been yo-yo-ing my way down for 5 months and all I have to show for it is 10 pounds. I tried everything except limiting calories. I tried Intermittent fasting, I tried low carb, I went full keto for a while, and never once did I log calories so that's what I'm doing now.

I knew I needed to do that but I didn't. I guess I was just scared of committing. But I've got MFP set up, my TDEE is around 2500, and I'm shooting for 1800 and under.

At least I have evidence that keto, low carb, and IF are mostly memes. They're just ways to weasel around cutting calories.

>mfw drank thousands of kcal of alcohol this weekend and didn't lose any weight this week despite eating below TDEE the other 6 days
its almost like my behavior has an influence on my weight. What the hell. Tumblr lied to me? Why would someone just go on the internet and lie to people?

on a scale of jupiter to zeus how god tier is chicken

boris jeltsin

>I tried everything except limiting calories.
m8

>keto, low carb, and IF are mostly memes. They're just ways to weasel around cutting calories.

we could have told you this five months ago

the rotisserie chickens from costco are (ok emoji) (100 emoji) (fire emoji)

Will my head sweat go away when I get less fat? I don't really sweat a lot elsewhere

>I tried everything except limiting calories.

>my TDEE is 2500
>at 328 pounds
bull fucking shit try putting that shit on sedentary like you are supposed to and then stop stuffing your face.

IF, low carb, and keto are means to cut calories

cutting calories is THE BARE MINIMUM for weight loss.

It's like you don't even want to fucking change and just want an excuse to stop

If only all types of fish were sustainable, mercury free, and cheap.

As is though chicken is as good as it gets

What should my TDEE be at 328 pounds? Male, 5'7" 42% bodyfat. I did put it on sedentary.

And yeah I know, Keto and IF dogma is really strong and it glosses right over calories. Some even say calories don't matter. Jason Fung for example is a powerful meme pusher.

So, catfish?

Over 3000 easily. You are eating double what most people in this thread eat every day.

>159g serving
>151 calories
>26g protein
>4.5g fat
>0 carbs

I'm rock hard.

I don't think I can get that around here though

Damn you're right. I just re-did the calculator and it is over 3,000. 3300 even.

What did I do wrong before? Either way what does this mean? Is 1800 still a good goal or should I go higher?