Reminder that heavy lifting is unsustainable

Reminder that heavy lifting is unsustainable

Back squats and deadlifts are also unnecessary for aesthetics.

Heavy lifting isn't sustainable if you're squatting 1000lb. But using your projected max based on this post, this wouldn't ever really apply to you.

Agreed

you can always squat relatively heavy to your 1RM. someone who squats 200 kg for 1 RM can do squats with 140 kg virtually every day and it will be considered a form of cardio for him.

>Age 27 using shit form
>Age 60 using anabolic steroids

but only after 12 reps

>back squats are bad but don't squatting is ok

The force to the ground is being transmitted via the spine either way.

> time under tension i says, as I hold the 135 pound barbell over my chest, with my dads assistance, getting ready for my one rep max. Time under tension, and soon I will have the best chest in all of Swallybogboy Middle school aye, that'll show them gabbars. Right-O!

The amount of compressive force needed to do damage to your spine is more than you can squat naturally.

100% guaranteed OP looks utter shit.

Doesn't matter what your opinion. But the one constant thing, anyone who talks shit about things other people do, is always worse looking/performing than those he shits on.

Ronnie Coleman's Surgeries:
• December 2007 - Laminectomy of L4-L5 discs
• July 2011 - Disc decompression of L3-L4 discs
• December 2011 - Fusion of neck C4-C5-C6
• July 2014 - Left hip replacement requiring 2 screws
• August 2014 - Right hip replacement requiring 4 screws
• July 2015 - Fusion of L3-L4 discs

>• December 2011 - Fusion of neck C4-C5-C6

Both Ronnie and Lilliebridge were squatting and deading about two times more in their primes than someone considered obscenely strong in a gym will ever lift.

you're right on both counts

but i'll keep deadlifting because i enjoy it

This, both those guys were lifting obscene amounts, assisted by no less than half a pharmacy. You wont get anywhere near this natty, keep your form good, don't eat your tren sandwiches and you'll be fine. Using roids makes your muscles stronger but doesn't make the tendons and other supporting structures stronger making you prone to more injuries.

that sunk in for me when I realized this guy is essentially a high functioning cripple

This is why body weight training really is the healthiest was to stay fit

Sure but this isnt fitness and health anymore.

If you learn to lift with proper form, and lift heavy weights without your form collapsing you should b fine. It's important to progress on your strength so you can raise the intensity of the workout and furthur punish the muscles.

Rip is a man in his 60's who can still deadlift 500 lbs and does double digit chin-ups.

I guess but as I get older my body just doesn't seem to tolerate the big basic barbell exercises like it used to

The one fucked up a thing about the big 4 compounds (Bench/Squat/Deadlift/Press) is that you actually to eat like a fat fuck to actually progress on these lifts, and once you hit your noob gains wall, then you still have to eat like a fat fuck to just gain minuscule amounts of strength every year on the lifts. The moment you try to lean out, or even just bring your caloric intake down to a reasonable level, your compound lifts will suffer drastically, or at the very least you'll spin your wheels.

I don't understand why anyone would continue to put themselves through that.

Just get reasonable lifts, like 150/220/275/350 and call it a day and focus on body-part splits. No point gaining all that extra body-fat just to get 200/275/405/500.

He's also in a constant state of chronic pain. Nobody needs to live like that.

you have to be in a calorie surplus to gain muscle on any routine

[citation needed]

I'm not even talking about muscle gain in particular.

I'm talking specifically progress on those 4 compound lifts. They require a shit load of calories to progress on. They're amazing lifts, but they're extremely taxing on the body. It's not even possible for the vast majority of lifters to get great progress on them without getting unhealthy levels of bodyfat/calorie intake.

There's so many other easier, less taxing on the CNS, ways to build muscle, and it can be done without requiring shit loads of extra calories.

*inhale' AHAHAHAHAHAHA
powerlift FAGS will defend this
>m-muh strenghth

How do Olympic weightlifters get stronger without gaining weight?

i get where you're coming from actually

when i cut, my squat absolutely implodes every single time, like a 50lb loss that I can do nothing about

and my legs don't look any smaller or measure any smaller

Meh, life is unsustainable. Your theory is that people shouldn't do what they enjoy or gives them purpose because it might last for a smaller fraction of life than another activity?

This is weak bait, but whatever.

Genetic outliers. Same way there's that 1 dude in 1,000,000 or who can deadlift 600 pounds while at 150 pound bodyweight. Meanwhile you have others (most of the population) who can barely deadlift 405 while weighing 200-250, and find it near impossible to progress unless they stuff their faces even more and get fatter and fatter.

At my fattest (5'7 95kg) I could OHP 100kg for reps. Now I'm down to a respectable lean 75kg (-20kg fat loss) and I find OHPing 70kg difficult.

that strength vs. leanness thing is very true

being fat is actually extremely mechanically advantageous for most of the big barbell lifts (notable exception - conventional deadlift)

this is why a lot of the SHWs end up squatting more than they deadlift, raw

> the excuses aestheticsfags make not to hit legs

FUCK off retard.

>Genetic outliers.

Retard.

It's CNS adaptation.

>about to go deadlift
>see this thread
>scared

help me Veeky Forums
tell me hes lying