Tfw permanent backsnap

>tfw permanent backsnap

What can I do to heal my back, caused by deadlifting too much to exhaustion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OPtbHGiGCIU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

deadlifting too much to exhaustion with bad form*

correct

>go to an authorized physiotherapist
>ask for advice from fat retards on the internet
choose one and choose wisely

its not really serious enough to warrant physical therapy. just some minor pain when i overexert and loss of mobility

my back is fucking swole now though, literally stretch marks and rock hard muscle on my lower back. kept it even without deadlifting much at all anymore

>caused by deadlifting too much to exhaustion?

No, it's caused by deadlifting with shit form. Your lower back shouldn't feel destroyed when deadlifting, ever. Learn how to lift properly you dumb faggot.

My form is actually decent. Not perfect but fairly good. It really is from liting too heavy and too much.

You want to know the god to honest ironic truth? More Deadlifts, but do them lighter with perfect form

question, how do i keep my back straight while dealifting?

I'm a lanklet at 6"4 and have pretty bad posture. I can't seem to keep my back 100% straight when deadlifting and 9/10 times whenever i dealift i get a pain in my lower back for like a day afterwards.

Lift less weight

so im not supposed to lift a lot of weight when i lift weights?

that seems kind of backwards and sounds like poor advice

if you cant keep your back strait it means it is to weak for the weight you are using. Dont fuck around with form of dead lifts bro, only other advice i can give you is to squeeze your abs as hard as you can when you deadlift, and squeeze the bar as hard as you can, this will help keep your core stiff and kick in your stabilizers

Lift lighter weights with good form. Increase weight slowly

>he wants to loose his gainis

>My form is actually decent.
>lower back is sore

No.

>there's no such thing as overuse

Yea okay

>I lifted for a whole year and got a 3 plate deadlift, I haven't been injured so people pushing against their maximum potential shouldn't get injured either!

Get the bar over your mid foot.
Grab bar.
Envision trying to pull your upper body backward rather than pulling the bar upward. Like you're trying to fall over backwards and the bar is counter balancing you.

Makes me lift with perfect form every time, and forces me to drive through the hamstrings instead of the lower back.

Also, rotate your elbows inward, will trigger the lats to fire and help keep your torso more rigid.

If you're just focused on pulling the bar straight up, enjoy your newfound good form, and probably 100lbs added to the bar over the next few sessions as you get it down.

Seems like it could work. I just deadlifted for the frist time in ages today, took it easy. 285 x 5. There's one little twinge in my back and its still and sore, but feels okay overall. I'm thinking 285 might have been a little too much since I felt that small twinge, so I'm gonna rest on deadlifts for the rest of the week. How do I know how much is too much? I don't wanna fuck up and snap up again

Question: the hardest part of deadlifting for me is the negative right below the knee. Ive read you dont want to drop the bar, as you lose half the workout, is this correct? I can lift 2-2.5pl8 no problem but cannot do the negative for more than 2-3 reps. Instead ive been deloading to 1.5pl8 so i can get 5x5 in. Should i be sticking to 1.5pl8 and build from there even though i dont feel as sore from it? Or get some dl boxes or something? Advice? Thanks senpai

>low back is a primary mover in the deadlift

3 plates takes 2 months max from untrained brosephino. Try again.

stick your chest out and make sure it's up throughout the movement. also lower back pain could be because you're lowering the bar too slowly, slide it down your thighs and let it fall.

Start really low and just go up slowly, if you feel anything at all go back down, the main idea is to just keep the muscles active, and keep pumping blood into it to make sure it getting the nutrients it needs to heal.

>also lower back pain could be because you're lowering the bar too slowly

Sort of. Lowering slowly just exacerbates the real problem, which is the bar path drifting too far forward shifting the weight off the hamstrings and glutes on onto the low back. That's why OP arguing that it's overuse makes him retarded.

Are you seriously trying to argue that the deadlift doesn't heavily involve the lower back? Its the lever for the movement. Anybody who deadlifts heavy has a swole AF back, and if there's a probably with overuse its typically in the primary lever. The problem isn't musculature, its connective tissue. Squats will fuck your knees, deadlifts will fuck your lower back

Well, I only train with kettlebells. I would say foam roll daily if you can. You might be tight in the hip area which might be causing an imbalance; usually is the issue for me.

I got a stretch routine from Mike Boyle's 3rd or 4th DVD series. You can try taping two tennis balls together to work on your middle back as well if possible.

Hmm I agree, but I also hurt my due to my legs being rotated outward. I'm coming back from a bulged disc. Should I wait to deadlift until my feet are below my knees?

Thanks. I'm gonna drop way down to 1pl8 and hope for the best.

I only dead lifted with 20 pounds on each side in October, I didn't know the feet had to be straight due to a misalignment issue. I bulged a disc in my back. It's feeling way better now, I've read that deadlifting light strengthens the back but I'm afraid to do it.

>Its the lever for the movement

You just lost all fucking credibility dude. No, it's not. The hips are. Your lower back doesn't provide any function to the lift other than stabilization, which isn't enough to cause an overuse injury. Saying the low back is the primary lever in the DL is like saying the wrists are the primary lever for benching.

>The problem isn't musculature, its connective tissue. Squats will fuck your knees, deadlifts will fuck your lower back

Jesus fucking Christ dude... I guess bench fucks your rotar cuffs, pullups blow out your brachialis, and rows will snap your errectors too? If you're doing the lifts correctly you won't snap your shit up and make way faster gains. The reason you're falling apart is because you're fucking stupid.

Unless you're pulling something respectable like 5+ plates, the reason your lower back is fucked is because your form is.

If it helps to reinforce it more, I herniated a disk in my L5 and had back pain for years, i started deadlifting and my back has never felt better.

Deadlifting healed my back herniation after literally years of pain.

You seem like a angry person.

Hmm I'll try it in a few months. I'm trying to lossen my tight muscles in my legs so I can straighten them and deadlift correctly now.

Alright smart guy, ON THIS MODEL, circle the primary lever for the deadlift

>realize I'm retarded
>damage control

dont drop the bar. when the bar pass the knee in the negative just bent the knee and lower your entire body without flexing your back

Just saying, you should learn to empathize. How would you feel if you fucked up and hurt yourself, living in despair for months and then some person makes fun of it?

This is so true, I have 2 herniated disks and one torn disk, my doc wanted to fuse my shit together I told him to fuck off and forced heavy deads, rows, tbars, etc and after a few months I have no more pain or mobility issues, I pull 585 right now, I was pulling 605 before my injury but I'm not even mad, I avoided back surgury by deadlifting, oh and before someone thinks my back was fucked from lifting it's from falling 2 stories and landing on an scba tank

circle the deadlift lever faggot

Mine was from a car accident
>You take care of yourself, lift, and eat well you whole life, just to have some fatty in an SUV rear end you

life isnt fair

Im not that guy, but if you use your ass when you deadlift, your doing it wrong.

Oh shit senpai. Looks like you circled the lower back

I hurt mine originally from deadlifting wrong but I also fell off a roof too. Had to be in bed for a week. It still is numb some days, I am afraid to try to deadlift again due to my posture out outward feet.

Please explain how you hinge at your hips without using your ass.

please explain how you hinge at your hips without using your lower back

Guess what is completely static, and isn't acting as a lever in that picture?

If my back hurts a bit during the workout but is perfectly fine after am i ok? I feel like most of the hurt was from me trying to get my back into proper position out of being scared rather than strain.

It really isn't man, in a fraction of a second I fucked my back up for life, got disfiguring scars from second and third degree burns, and almost died, I mean I'm not looking for sympathy I chose to be a firefighter its just crazy, shit almost seems routine to me at this point and one wrong move almost cost me everything, remember anons life if short, make the best of every moment you can because shit can take you out just like that at any second.

>pivot at hips
>keep back flat

Woah. Now you.

All it did for months was make me feel like waking on glass, I was too afraid to leave my room for months.

Are you mental, son?

its impossible to "pivot" at your hips without using your lower back. your ass cannot lift your back. unless you deadlift with a verticle spine

Just in case you don't know what the hips are.

>If my back hurts a bit during the workout but is perfectly fine after am i ok?

No.

Bend over faggot. Squeeze your ass as hard as you can. Your back will not raise.

Your picture shows a neutral spine with the leg hinging at the hips...

I have news for you buddy. Thats not a deadlift

>what are hamstrings
>what are glutes

Bend over faggot. Bend only at the lumbar and see how straight you can stand up.

>I deadlift with my hips vertical and bend solely at the spine to grab the bar.

I'm done.

Glutes and hamstrings are involved in the deadlift, but they aren't the primary movers. You can bend over and pick something up with completely straight legs, not engaging the "hips at all." Its impossible to pick up weight without engaging the lower back. Lower back is primary, and the limiting factor

Guy that can deadlift nearly 5x his body weight explaining the role of the low back in the deadlift for anyone that isn't a complete retard.

youtube.com/watch?v=OPtbHGiGCIU

I have not seen so much autism in a Veeky Forums thread in a long time

I think you have the hip hinge, and low back confused.

I was mad at first because I thought you were just defending what you thought was correct due to ego, but I can see now you're just genuinely ignorant, and going to snap your shit at some point.

See

>3pl8s takes 2 months max from untrained
Except that's wrong

This nigger knows nothing about human anatomy.

>I know more than a guy that deadlifts 5x his body weight

Remember how you don't know the difference between the lower back and hips? Because at least this nigger does.

>A jungle monkey knows more about anatomy than a medicine student
I'm not the guy you were autisticly fighting with. Im just stating the facts.

topkek at this dumbass argument

to anyone who's interested:
deadlift uses knee extensors (quads) and hip extensors (adductor magnus, hamstrings, glutes) for movement.
it uses the spinal erectors, upper back, and forearm muscles for stabilization.
exrx has a nice article on this btw.