When doing deadlifts, I have a brief pause before I pick the weight up again...

When doing deadlifts, I have a brief pause before I pick the weight up again. Am I supposed to have a pause or should I lift it up again right away?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/d5eGGZXb0Is?t=11m7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you should set up again before you pull.

set up
pull
lockout
control drop
repeat

what do you mean by set up?

Sometimes I don't pause in between for the cardio gains, but I know my body and if I can't at that time -- I don't

Place your feet in the right position, place arms in the right places, assume position.

The routine you do when you walk up to the bar.

Make sure your stance is correct. Take like 1 sec before picking it up to be conscious of your form.

Tight core, straight back, mind on the hamstrings and glutes.

>Sometimes I don't pause in between for the cardio gains
lmfao. This is what /plg/ considers cardio.

correct your form because, in most cases, you're going to start deviating towards snap city if you pull immediately

It's probably easier to youtube it. It's when you set your starting position for the pull. Grip, breathe, brace core, chest up, float the bar.

Makes your heart beat like a mofo senpai, and overtime it's less taxing on you then you add more weight and repeat

Tap and go.

All compound lifts should be consistent motion no pausing at the tops or bottoms.

Wrong.
Don't bounce the weight. It's a DEADlift because you start from a dead stop every time.

Why obsess over deadlift

Its not necessary, i dont do that and my back is fine

It's still not cardio. May build up endurance, but not cardio.

You dont need to bounce em in order to keep going and not pause.

>I have a brief pause before I pick the weight up again.

Good. Otherwise they're "Barbell Floor Bounces," and not Deadlifts.

You dont pause every time you set it down, you let the weight sink into the ground to 'reset' and boom explode to another lift, you dont pause at the bottom.
Thank you user.

>you dont pause at the bottom.

It doesn't make any difference. When the weight is on the floor, you aren't supporting it; pausing won't reduce the efficacy of the movement for training purposes.

Your muscles arent under tensions while pausing the entire principle behind compound lifts are keeping the muscles engaged.

I bet you pause after every rep on bench press too faggot.

Learn to compound lift correctly your gains will thank me.

Why is he wearing a belt for just over 3pl? I thought belts were used for anything that is really heavy.

Means you want to snap and jerk with the back.

Yes, child, I do pause on the chest, because that's how I get white lights.

You can stay tight, and keep the slack out of the bar during a pause, much the same way you can pause just below the knees, or in the hole of a squat to train problem areas.

At any rate, once that barbell hits the floor, your muscles aren't under tension pause, or no. You may still keep things tight, but for strength training purposes there's negligible difference between keeping tight between all reps, and releasing, tightening back up, and going again.

That's closer to four plate than "just over three"

Sometimes you want to train belt technique

sometimes you're just a lazy fucker

youtu.be/d5eGGZXb0Is?t=11m7s

Everything over 5 reps are cardio

It's called deadlift and not floor pull for a reason.

Yes you are supposed to pause.

Set up
Pull slack out of the bar,
Huge breath and brace,
Pull,
Controlled drop (no freefall but not slow either)
Breathe out

The pause is supposed to take only as long as it takes for you to breathe out and breathe in so about 2-3 seconds.

lifting it up again right away keeps me in the groove and feels more natural than stopping, doing a full reset, and going again

that being said, make sure the weight is at a dead stop before you begin the pull again - if you are bouncing the weight, stop doing so, you're not george leeman it piss it tessa urbank abusening it cambodian trannying

sub 500lb deadlifts need not apply

>cardio
>cardiovascular workout
>a workout that works your cardiovascular system better than any other kind of cardio for a short period of time is not cardiovascular workout

wow