Normie fit memes

why do normies fall for bullshit like this??

>mfw the same people that share these posts are the same people that share obesity-tier food recipes

The level of health and fitness knowledge in the average population is horrifyingly low. I would say that MOST people don't know or understand calories-in-calories-out. For instance, my overweight, out of shape roommate recently came in the other day with new groceries, declaring he was going to eat better. One of the things he pointed out to me was the organic milk he bought. I tried to explain to him that it really doesn't fucking matter whether it's organic or not, but things like buying fat free vs. whole milk are what really matter.

Most people think of "health" as this nebulous, intangible goal that you can reach by drinking diet instead of regular, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, or eating organic instead or regular foods.

Diet instead of regular is like fat free milk but even more. It's a 100% reduction of calories.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that diet instead of regular is BAD choice, just that it's a small part of your health in general. That's how you get these massive 300lb people waddling around drinking a 2 liter of diet coke and wondering why they're not losing weight. The average population gets so caught up in the little things that they never really focus on the big picture.

>I jogged today, I deserve this slice of cake
>I've been so active why am I not losing weight?

>thinking jogging burns enough calories
>plan to eat at deficit but putting yourself at maintenance calories, possibly more than that because you keep "rewarding" yourself

Information is out there, people just don't wanna learn.

I'm so glad my mum is not retarded.

>Go visit her
>She's doing keto
>Also doing PSMF
>Correctly supplementing her diet, replacing lost salts and all

Feels good.

This honestly, American education especially is abysmal in this category.

>mfw I used to be this normie

I didn't even know what a calorie was until I was 20. My high school was very much about self esteem, which just resulted in me being a tubby piece of shit secretly wishing I could be athletic but taught I just wasn't built that way.

>not getting whole milk
>replacing the fat-soluble vitamins with sugar

i mean i guess

I know that feel user.
My mom recently learned how to eat at a deficit and lost over 20lbs and finally is at a healthy weight rather than constantly nearing obesity

>A Japanese method to quickly remove belly fat
>eat rice with chopsticks

My mom was always doing stupid diets and never losing any weight. However, when I tracked her calories she was eating at at least 500 kcal deficit.
How is that possible?

>white girl meme bodyweight workouts
Why do women do this

I'm gonna guess she was eating when you weren't around to track it, or was lying to you when you asked what she ate after the fact. Or there's good old fashioned miscalculations. If she was actually eating a 500kcal deficit consistently, she would've lost weight.

because lifting is for gymrats and roid-heads

I don't wanna gain all that muscle and look bulky like them :^)

I don't have it at-hand but there was a study done that proved untrained women (read: women not being told what to do by a man) almost NEVER independently choose any strength building routine that gives tangible results. (Aka why you see women doing meme exercises or squatting 30lb curlbars 60 times instead of 135lbs 5x5)

It wasn't the point of the study, just an tidbit the researchers marked down.

It's literally not possible based on the laws of physics. You missed something or got something wrong.

you know how some people may have times in their lives when they decide to "what is my purpose, what should I be doing? Should I help people or something?"

The lack of knowledge on this topic, and yet the vast amount of knowledge from the scientific side being offered for grabs, almost for fucking anyone who is willing to listen...its so enormous. Just by going outside I encounter so many people who do have some desire to know about this. But who simply do not know even the basics.

This topic of health is something like a thing that gives me great pleasure and meaning in my life to educate randoms in lol. Because nobody knows as you said, even the basics.

I think I should become a dietologist or something. Why is this topic so easy for some to understand and so difficult for others?

I have seen people who are probably very good engineers, but who just dont get this crap.

I've taught my friends who are grills how to squat and deadlift so they know those, but besides that they normally stick to machines or body weight. Although every once in a while you get to see some real crazy shit
>leg day, head over to the squat rack
>taken up by some skinny legged ~140lb grill
>has safety bars on rack all the way up to just about an inch below her shoulders
>has a barbell with 3pl8 resting on the safety bars
>lolwut
>puts on knee braces and has all these stupid looking Nike workout clothes for girls
>gets under the bar
>stands up, lifting the barbell up approximately 1 an inch
>let's it slam down on the safety bars
>proceeds to do it again
>for 8 """""""""reps""""""""
>dat rom
>does this for 3 more sets
>walked away looking smug af

I'm trying to envision how the fuck this works and all I'm seeing is some babbys first bench press bullshit.

>walked away looking smug af

I-is this how I look when I finish my set of 2pl8 diddlies and do a fist pump?

>healthlets when will they learn

thats a very good feel user

my mom and dad run and cycle a lot together and when I was little I always had healthy food and enough sports to not grow into the fatass I could have been according to how lazy I was

>thx mom

An actual Japanese tip for weight loss: eat until you're 80% full.

Fatties like this one less because of the (((implications))).

First off they don't add sugar to skim milk (at least in Europe); secondly dairy fats can really fuck your shit up if you're prone to inflamations and/or have autoimmune diseases like psoriasis. Please don't meme around

>carbs are bad
>dairy is bad
>you need protein powder or creatine

>not tracking for long enough
>tracking incorrectly, a la Secret Eaters
>overestimating TDEE
>she was eating in secret

Pick any, and more.
Address all those potential problems and track for a month on that deficit. If no weight loss, reduce by a further 500 calories and maybe add some exercise, because you probably estimated wrong and/or she's unknowingly expending less energy throughout the day to compensate.

here
I don't know how common this is, but high school 'education' on health and fitness were the big problem for me. Severely fucked with my understanding of how shit worked and it took me fucking YEARS to deprogram myself. I would have been lightyears better off if they'd taught me nothing at all.
And it didn't help that everyone around me had the same education, repeated the same bullshit, and created a social environment where seeking alternative answers felt stigmatised as deluded fatties seeking miracles.

And it pisses me off, because the reality of how things actually work turned out to be so fucking simple and logical. Whereas all school was able to 'teach' us was a bunch of nonsense with no scientific explanation behind it, nothing connected to each other, and nothing had any practical use.
Most of it was pretty much just proto-fat acceptance, trying to pre-empt anorexia by telling us what NOT to do (basically that every possible method to lose weight will just make you fatter), without ever telling us what we can actually do or even just neutral information on how nutrition works etc.
Which is crazy because by contrast, we actually had a top notch drug education since I guess they knew in that scenario that knowledge is power, that kids are going to do shit anyway and it's best to empower them to make the safest decisions they're willing to make. But I was too fucking square to take drugs so that was all wasted on me, and now I'm bitter.

tl;dr if you want to reach a lot of people, getting into schools might be a way to go. Even just as a guest speaker sort of gig where you just have enough time to give people the tools to seek out the rest for themselves.
Like I said, I didn't even know what a fucking calorie was, I had nothing to google that wouldn't just lead me to more momscience.

People have no idea how small the portion sizes are supposed to be. I don't count calories, but I use MFP as a food diary. A few days ago, I logged 900 calories from a decent-sized breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack. I feel bad for people who take those estimates seriously.

That reminds me of a high school health class I had
>teacher asks us to name some high-fat foods
>pizza, burgers, fries come up first
>raise my hand
>"avocado"
>teacher flounders (this was before avocado was really popular) and says that's "not what he meant"
>I ask what makes a food unhealthy outside of being laced with arsenic
>stops calling on me

I powerlift and on light squat cycles I'll have a couple of these (aka squats from high pins), so she may actually be legit