General Veeky Forums-questions (stupid version)

Best cardio exercises?
>Running
>Cycling
>Swimming(?)

Best Weightlifting Excercises?
>Deadlift
>Benchpress
>Squats

Also, how much of an impact does diet have on your health?
How Jewed is prosessed foods?

pic not related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GmbD75yF5wo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best cardio is sprints, it's also anaerobic.

Best lift depends on fitness goals, I like deadlift personally.

Food quality is very important to health, increasingly so as you get older or more trained.

As for processed food it's maximum over-sheckle status.

I quit drinking soda 4 ~January 1st.
I cannot, however, manage to ditch the candy jew.
Any advice?

Having something in moderation is way easier and more sustainable in the long term than cutting it out entirely, especially if it's a vice. OBVIOUSLY cutting it out entirely is the best thing, but I'm assuming you're not training to be Mr. Olympia, so it's probably fine.

For instance, I fucking love gummy candy. FUCKING LOVE it. But it's absolutely atrocious for me, so I don't normally eat it. Every time I go grocery shopping, I grab a small bag of gummy worms and inhale them. Yeah it's fuckin awful for me, but I love them, and they're okay on occasion. Just moderate your intake, watch your calories, and you'll be fine man.

But fuck. It's so difficult.
>inb4 self control.
I have none.

I figured that cutting out sodas entirely stopped being difficult after a month or so, but whenever I try quitting candies, I relapse after a few weeks, and all my progress is for nada.

Best cardio is the speedbag

Best lift is Bench or Deadlift

Diet is the second most important thing after hormones (most important for a natty), it depends how you define processed food, there are lots of healthy ready meals but any processed shit with lots of simple carbs, trans fats and low protein should be avoided like the plague.

I'm a fatass (280lbs)

I'm eating better and have lost ~20lbs in a month just from eating better. Half of it is probably water weight, though.

What exercises should I be safely doing? Right now I'm just using the stationary bikes so I don't fuck up my knees on the treadmill.

I'm too fat for deadlifts and squats since my fat body makes me way out of balance and I could feel myself headed to snap city

Drink water ONLY
Go to bed hungry each night, after awakening drink water, take a cold shower, sprint and walk for an hour, and put breakfast off until and hour after that.
Save your food until after you've lifted. When you DO eat, make sure it's predominantly meaty, like chicken, steak, or hog. Doesn't matter if it's clean but stay the fuck away from fast food and processed goods. As for vegetables, make sure it's dark green and mix some fruit in with it. A scoop from a vegie supplement packed with goods should be sufficient. Get good sleep and make sure you keep a schedule to it. Missing sleep fucks up your hormones.
When you lift, lift heavy, low reps, high sets. Bench press, dead-lifts, squats, and pull-ups are priority number ONE.

That's what I'm saying my man. Trying to cut something out completely that you really love is way harder than just pacing yourself a little. Try making candy an occasional treat instead of removing it from your life entirely, which is almost certainly destined to fail.

If your self-control makes even doing /that/ difficult, then you need to seriously evaluate how badly you want to be fit. Because unless you're eating absolutely flawlessly otherwise (and even if you are) there's probably no way you can stay at a really good level of health and fitness while eating candy all the time. This shit ain't easy, and you gotta work for it. So what's worth more to you? Looking shredded, feeling better, and being better at most every physical activity? Or Candy?

If you want to lift, I would advice you not to, though.
Exercising to lose weight is better achieved through cardio-exercise.

Try swimming, and stay on the bicycle.
As long as you eat less than you burn, you'll keep losing weight.

>Go to bed hungry each night,
Why?

Eat at a reasonable time and you'll go to bed sated. Not full but not hungry either.

You don't feel hungry if you're sleeping. You will save money on food, and you will pack on less fat since it would otherwise settle in while sleeping. It's an opportunity to be disciplined with your hunger, too.

Jog every morning and eat only twice a day. If you're a mesomorph, fatty meat is good since it doesn't matter what you eat really, but since you're probably an endomorph, lean meat would be a smart choice. If you're really serious about this shit, crunch your calories.

Walkiing
Swimming
Basic Calisthenics I would suggest starting with number one on everything.

youtu.be/GmbD75yF5wo

What do these idiots think you're going to accomplish with a 21 day diet? You'll lose maybe 10-15 max, most of it water weight and then immediately gain it back.

Most people have trouble sleeping when hungry or can even wake up in the middle of the night

I eat breakfast and dinner and average around 1200-1400 calories depending on the day and what I'm doing.

>eat only twice a day
What's the benefit of doing this?

My apartment gym only has dumbells. Is that okay if I'm just looking to cut? I've just been using heavy weight 3x8 and cardio at the end.

Its hard to eat too much with 2 meals unless you're a twink

>Best Weightlifting Excercises?
>>Deadlift
>>Benchpress
>>Squats

Those are powerlifting exercises. Weightlifting generally refers to olympic weightlifting, and those lifts are
>snatch
>clean and jerk

And best lift/cardio/anything is mostly an individual thing based on preferences and special factors (eg someone with bad joints might swim and avoid running, someone with bad skin might avoid swimming). And in the case of specific lifts, is kinda moot since you need to do a variety of lifts.

Does long neck =/= good trap genetics?

anyone go to the gym early morning? how do you wake up?

Is jumping rope a good way for cardio exercises?

6'1" and 140lbs trying to bulk. Calorie intake at around 3300. didn't gain a pound in 3 weeks.
Started drinking more shakes throughout the day since I can't eat anymore without puking.
Up to ~3600 cals a day now and after 2 weeks still no weight gain.

What can I even do at this point?

Answer please

i've been biking 2.5x300x 20km

Self controllable is a trainable skill

>Best cardio exercises?
sprints, squash, or rowing.
Im on a rowing kick right now.

>Best Weightlifting Excercises?
DB bench is a fuckload o fun.
I like squats too.

>Also, how much of an impact does diet have on your health?
a lot

>How Jewed is prosessed foods?
21 shekles

one of the best