How you dealing with depression Veeky Forums?

How you dealing with depression Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

zen-buddhism.net/zen-concepts/mushin.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

zen-buddhism.net/zen-concepts/mushin.html

Also stoicism, and lots of white tea and lifting.

I've transcended depression in to apathy. I just go through the motions.

No longer am I sad about dying alone. Rather I expect it and it's not a concern, merely a way of life. I realize I have a well paying job and can fuel my hobbies eternally, there is no reason to be sad.

Aye Buddhism agreed.

fpbp

>pic related

I stopped thinking about important things

Everyone has to find their balance out of reassurance, acceptance and "quit being a little bitch".
For me, the following works:
1. I lift a lot and for long times. Usually five times a week for an hour plus half hour cardio. Haven't been progressing as well as I could due to diet, but you know yourself how hard it can get to keep insomnia in check + appetite up with depression.
2. Identify what makes you unhappy and what you may be in denial about. For me it was my gf, who was unsupportive and self-centered - didn't want to break up with her since I felt worthless and like I could never get any girl again, but once she broke up with me, I suddenly felt much better, lost my nightly existential dread and such.
3. Cut out or limit caffeine, alcohol, drugs etc.
The caffeine down for example amplifies any depressive shit, as does alcohol, any stimulant and sometimes weed.
4. If you're a NEET like me, get a part-time job. In my case, getting stuff where I'm constantly social helped (bartending, barista, whatever), but for you something with less contact with people might be better.
5. Finally, and this was my breakthrough: Learn the sentence "it's fine." and live by it. Girl doesn't call back? It's fine. Lifts won't go up. It's fine. Fired, lost, nothing makes sense? It's fine. All you can do is change your approach and keep going.

Big part of it is: Being a loser/NEET feels safe. You can't be hurt and you can't dissapoint anyone when you're already a failure.
Once I realized this, I understood why I got so scared and sometimes depressed when something good was happening - and in turn started to relax more while pursuing my shit more honestly.

This is as honest as I could get, hope it helps, man.

I think depression can be cured pretty fast. Eat healthy and watch your liver values, read ultramind solution for that.
Next step: Go for a slow walk at least each day for 5km. Same road, same time for routine.
Try to increase speed each week until you can run slowly.
Last step: There may be a big gap between what you expect from live and where you are at. Yes, you can dream but don't be sad if you are not there yet, start working harder towards your goals. The way to your goals is fun, not the goal itself.

Easy, just stop being a bitch

Not the guy you're responding to but you seem like a good dude

i was in the NEET whole for about four months after tearing my hair out at a stressful chef job, and now I write full time, freelance from home. it's pretty chillin and i'm learning a lot about living with myself productively.

the job thing is one of the most important imo. as long as you're not neglecting yourself its important to have a routine

Sounds good man, and yeah, I agree. Hell, I've done the NEET thing much, much longer (talking like four years with short stints of jobs in between) and the worst thing is to wake up without something to do.
I'm a musician full-time (composing for film/tv for money and running a band) and it took years to develop the confidence and skills to actually do that without being crushed under the pressure. Though I'd say most NEETs have much more potential than the average school->uni->job fag as long as they figure out what they're afraid of doing, but really want to do.

Been suicidally depressed for 10 years, going onto 11, so you kinda get used to the ups and downs. I got so depressed and then apathetic, and now when i have thoughts like "drink the boiling kettle water" it's just another thought.

At this point, i'm just trying to lose weight, eat healthy, work hard in a vain attempt at reaching an unobtainable happiness. Bright side is that i recently had a really "up" day where I didn't feel absolutely disgusted with myself.

TL;DR You get used to it in my experience, kinda just keep moving forward through life as you need to.

I recommend Jesus. He gives us purpose to be good and righteous in a sea of sinners. The only Nihilism that will exist after finding him is material Nihilism.

It doesn't have to be like that user, find some good people and try to become their friends, if suicide feels to be the answer then you already have nothing to lose, why not make a fool of yourself trying to achieve happiness than not try at all?

Don't get me wrong, i'm not going to kill myself. I got past that point where i've now concluded that if I'm gonna die, I may as well try everything else first before i opt out.

The reason i say "vain obtainable happiness" is because I know that being thin and healthy isn't going to necessarily make me happy, but i figured it'd make doing active things easier in order to achieve happiness.

Who knows? Can't find happiness if i don't look, so imma keep looking, like yyou said, I have nothing to lose

I feel like you've explained my life issues to me, especially that last part. I'm always afraid to try, I can't fuck up if I'm already a fuck up.

That's the spirit user, God bless you.

I tell to myself is just a bad day but a good day never comes

Thanks mate, i appreciate it

I felt like you for a large percent of my life, I still occasionally have thoughts of putting a bullet in my head but they are more just thoughts now than the impulse I used to feel, what really changed it fort be was meeting my wife, I have always been an autist with crippling social anxiety, could never talk to people without sperging out, as soon as I saw her in class (college) it was like everything was going to be ok, I felt a sense of calmness and happiness I had never experienced rush over me that I still have to this day, it took me 29 days to become engaged to her, and we have been married 9 years, she is my everything, my reason for living, you will find yours user, I didn't even know she was what I was missing till I found her and she made me whole

That's great to hear mate; I used to want to get a wife, though I often doubt i'm worth much in a relationship. You sound heaps like me, so you give me hope man.

Hope shit keeps going your way mate

You know what's much more fun? "I'm already a fuck up so I'm free to do whatever." That's where life becomes awesome.
In my case, it got me laid with girls I thought I'd never have a chance with and got me some very cool friends (of which I had almost none bar a few gaming buddies before). Once you're a failure, you can do anything you want.

Sorry man, but this sounds a bit unhealthy. Please become more independent and strong on your own.

Currently loving life, reconnecting w people and getting fit again after 4 years of spiralling out completely into a suicidal alcoholic recluse. Bipolar is a hell of a drug m8s.

>How you dealing with depression Veeky Forums?
I don't get depressed anymore because I live my life correctly and I'm not WEAK. Are you WEAK, OP? Only WEAK people 'suffer from depression'. Fix your shit, OP, live your life correctly, problem solved.

Resistance training
Earthing mat
North-pole magnetized water
Sungazing
Sunbathing (when I can, NC is hot as hell)

and now I'm getting into cold showers.

Nothing more cringeworthy than some pampered faggot who got over a patch of the blues and thinks he's some stoic ubermensch who can go around telling other people what's what

I have grown tons on my own since we got together, I have my dream job, my lifts while not going to win any meets are pretty decent, Im maintaining a roughly 12% body fat when though I've been fat most of my life before her, and I'm working a lot on getting new hobbies like Rock climbing, mountain biking etc, we also have 3 kids now and that gives me much purpose.

You guys don't have enough to complain about. I don't either really so I've tried not to all the time but life is really a bitch isn't it.

Get on steroids and you will have no emotions but hunger lust and destruction. If you keep the destruction at the gym you won't be depressed.hope that helps

Nah he's right. I was extremely depressed until I cut out toxic friends, got myself in shape and sober and actually focused at work. Now I'm 27, in the best shape of my life, and back in school. The old adage You're only scared to die when you're not living right rings true.

Thanks man, I didn't even think I was looking for a wife, hell the only reason I was in that class is I literally had a nervous breakdown passing the enrollment building for the emt school, I had previously wanted to be a fireman so I went in and enrolled, I would have not met her if I didn't lose my shit driving home from my shit job at the time, it's like from that moment everything came together, I am a fireman now, I make pretty good money day trading on my of days, her uncle taught me the basics, no matter how shitty everything seems it can all change in a day.

>"You're only scared to die when you're not living right"
I wish I head that three years ago
Oh well

I think I am just going to wear these shades for the rest of my life...so you don't see the disappoinment in my eyes.

Fucking eh mate, that's great to hear man. And you even got the job you aspired for as well.

Glad to hear it's going your way man, good to hear that going at it really payed off for you

I dunno, most philosophers would tell you to just spend your time studying philosophy to get over it.

It isn't meant to apply to dangerous situations, but before I straightened myself out I was extremely depressed/terrified that death and failure were around every corner.

>Lifts won't go up
IT'S NOT FINE

OP here, thanks guys for some great responeses.