Wim Hof

On week 9 of his course and I cannot believe this shit works.

Who /wimhof/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/A9zS94x2nd8
youtube.com/watch?v=RW1C_3OXhEs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post the course?

Also, does it work, results?

I had some interest in his stuff a while back, seems to be a lot of wearing not so many clothes when it's cold and taking ice baths.

I'm gonna google this now, but any particularly good links you got?

Whats the end goal? better cold resistance?

Course costs 200 bucks on his website but it's possible to get it through torrents.

At the start of the course I was 185 pounds (6'1), slightly chubbier than usual, now im on week 9 of 10 of the course, I take ice cold showers every day now with little to no discomfort, and I've lost 10 pounds with no change to my diet.

Leave humanity behind.

What if i want to bulk and cold shower

>hunt bear
>skin bear
>take ice shower
>eat bear
>repeat

>I take ice cold showers every day now with little to no discomfort, and I've lost 10 pounds with no change to my diet.
I would guess the cold is forcing your body to try and keep you warm, which means burning energy

Lazy ass fat loss, funny if that shit actually works though

>bears
>britain
pick one.

The end result, (I'm on week 9, out of 10, so im pretty much done by now) is the ability to manipulate more of your body to your will. He had scientific studies show that he was able to manipulate his immune system to fight off a disease that they injected him with, along with a bunch of his participants who he taught his techniques to.

>I can sit in an ice bath with little to no discomfort for extended periods, where it could normally cause shock, and possibly death.
>I'm able to lift much heavier weights while using his breathing method than without, (40-50 lbs)
>My mind is clear of a lot of negative thoughts, he has a special breathing technique that helps fight off depression, anxiety, and other mental ailments.
> I no longer need coffee in the morning, taking a cold shower and practicing his breathing techniques for 15-20 minutes does the trick. (Still drink coffee but only because I enjoy it)

All kinds of other shit too, cant even describe how fantastic I feel. I've never felt so good mentally and physically. It's as if I have a better connection between my brain and my body.

I lost fat because I've been a chubby depressed fuck the past year due to the loss of a family member, but I'm sure you'd have no problem bulking, Might even help you bulk faster due to the strengthening of your cardiovascular system.

How is sex now?

What is the breathing method, like what he demonstrated on Joe Rogan?
youtu.be/A9zS94x2nd8

Placebo

Faggot.

Post torrent plz

I'm not dropping 200 bux on a hippies ebook

I'm not sure if it's in my head but I feel like my erections have a little more strength, possibly due to the increased blood flow due to the cold therapy.

The Joe Rogan demonstration was very brief, but that's pretty much what it is, you do that about 30-40 times, then push all the air out of your lungs, and just stop breathing. Afterwards, you take a long deep breath, and enjoy the high that you get, then you repeat this method 2-4 times as much as you'd like. You'll be able to hold your breath for a solid minute at least, I can now hold my breath for 3 and a half minutes.

I won't post the torrent but if you go on piratebay dot org you can search for it. It's a full course with ebooks, printable pages, etc, just follow the weekly videos and just follow his instructions.

Interedasting.

And you do that how many times a day?

I have a weird phobia that if I start then I'll be forced to do it for the rest of my life, since my body will enjoy the increased oxygen and won't want to go back.

Completely made up broscience, but it's mainly why I haven't tried yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=RW1C_3OXhEs

I spend a good 30 minutes to an hour doing his exercises, the breathing only takes 15-20 minutes though. I would recommend following this video and if you like the feeling it brings, take the course, (Free on piratebay)

Definitely broscience, I actually have to motivate myself to start the breathing exercises, but as soon as I get through the first one, I can't wait to do the second due to the good feelings it brings.

Yeah, I'm a hypochondriac anyway and I know doing the exercise isn't going to permanately change the global oxygen levels to even create an imbalance.

Thanks user, checking it out.
Godspeed.

I'll try it out tomorrow. Seems like BS but hey why not.

I'm currently getting back into cold showers but the water here is so cold it gives me painful brain freeze when I wash my hair (I take a lot of time because dat dere no shampoo).

Does that go away?

Once you stop being a pussy, yeah

i'll take the bears

>Breathing exercise are a placebo
>I wont put effort into myself just like OP so I'll just call placebo to justify my inaction
>Atheism make me euphoric the post

>Might even help you bulk faster due to the strengthening of your cardiovascular system.
Ok, do you have any idea what you're talking about?

To a certain extent, it's all based on his method and what he says.

You're able to push more blood to portions of your body that require it, which in turn gives you more ability to use that muscle. Therefore you'll get better workouts and bulk faster. (Supposedly)

I'm able to max out an extra 40-50 pounds with his breathing method.

If you do the breathing exercise before jumping in the shower it can minimize the pain of the cold, so I'd say it's worth a shot.

>On week 9 of his course and I cannot believe this shit works.
Of course it works, it's freely available information that's been known and studied for genuinely 100+ years

Body temperature is the number one factor affecting calories and always has been.

You paid $200 to learn what Google could've told you in 2 minutes.

Also for those interested, the breathing technique has also been known for decades, and studied independently plenty in the past

Hell, it's something we used to do for fun in school.

Procedure:

Breathe out for 8 seconds, breathe out fully and consciously.
Breathe in only for a few seconds before breathing out. You should be taking in about 80% of your regular breath.
Repeat this for approximately 1-3 minutes.

Your oxygen levels will skyrocket as will your vitamin a, you will feel euphoric or psychoactive for a short period and may also pass out. If you do it right you will feel a meditative state as your alpha waves are activated.

You can achieve the same thing through 20 minutes of meditation btw but without the rich oxygen in your blood (which is better for lifting, running, etc)

Edit: I got those around the wrong way. You should be breathing IN fully and consciously and breathing out only 80%

Think of it as a water valve and you're trying to intake more than you're letting out

>paying 200$ for cold showers

Hof is awesome.

For any anons who want to try this, I just want to say: do NOT do the whole "Swimming underwater in ice cold water" thing unless you have someone there to pull you out if you pass out. People have died from doing the Wim Hof method, diving into ice cold water alone, passing out, and then drowning.

All the torrents are missing week 5. Is there actually even a week 5 at all?

kek

Read the studies you retard. It isn't placebo effect.

Rip is awesome.

For any anons who want to try this, I just want to say: do NOT do the whole "heavy ass squats" thing unless you have someone there to help you move the weight. People have died from doing SS, diving into the squat rack alone, yelling out "LIGHTWEIGHT BABY LIGHTWEIGHT", and then getting crushed.

what's it like having an IQ under 4, m9?

No need to be upset over a little satire buddy :^]

Maybe skip this cycle, dickhead.

>you have now read this in Mike Tyson's voice

Good satire is fine, that there tho is a serious warning regarding cold water swimming.

lol is that why you sometimes see autistic fat guys wear shorts in the winter

No, that has just always happened for no apparent reason.

I don't understand what you gain from it, just that little moments of your chemicals production going wild? Holding your breath longer? How is that beneficial?

Looks like freediver methods. Except they keep someone close to watch them in case they pass out.

They're legit just chasing an oxygen dep high. Let's not forgot that letting out 80% of the air you just exhaled does not mean you're holding 20% of that oxygen over each time, you're holding more carbon dioxide in your bloodstream before the next exhale and eventually you feel "euphoric" because your brain needs more fucking oxygen.
Does nobody here think, for even a second?

>special breathing technique that fights off depression, anxiety

that's literally just normal mindful breathing. just fucking meditate bros

How does that answer my question?

Good god man, learn to read: he is telling you there is nothing to gain from it except for a short high caused by oxygen deprivation.

Fuck me Bro, started doing this shit today.
I had to do mouth to mouth, cuz my friend fainted and would have died though..

Thanks for this thread user. I've been doing cold showers for about 2 weeks, and correctly for a couple days and it never occurred to me that wim hof has a torrentable regimen. Gonna start it today.

>I take ice cold showers every day now with little to no discomfort

taking cold showers everday, ofcourse you'll get fucking used to it

Are you retarded? I'm not asking what is doing or how, I'm asking what you gain from it.

>I had to do mouth to mouth, cuz my friend fainted and would have died though..

If you say so, user...

itt oxygen deprivation and hyperventilating

proper breathing techniques do not make you light headed
if you're light headed you're breathing too fast
cold showers are legit though

so do you breath in or out for 8 seconds, since you mixed them up?

torrent file/magnet links pls

You might be handicapped.

no. they're retarded from oxygen deprivation

>dick to mouth
here, corrected that one for you faggot

Nah dude fuck all this meme routine bullshit. The best breathing exercise you can get into is 10 second inhales/exhales. You take 3 breathes a minute at that rate, if you can maintain that all the time your body regulates a lot better, not just cardiovascular but the whole shebang.

kek

>when you nutted but he keep on doing dick-to-mouth resuscitation

Go to tpb and search wim hof.

Don't say i didn't warn ya

If you do the research you'll find there's more to it than what skeptics are saying.

No, it's not just an oxygen deprivation high, you're able to tap into something deeper on a subconscious level that helps you manipulate bodily functions that we didn't know were able to be manipulated. The science on this process is still under development but it's been proven to work. Wim Hof (And many people he personally trained) has demonstrated under scientific studies that he's able to manipulate his immune system to perform feats such as changing his immune response to an injected bacteria that allowed him to fight the sickness off without becoming sick, while the control group all got sick from the injection.

Like I said, the science hasn't quite got a definitive answer to how it all works, but it's definitely a lot more than just some oxygen deprivation high.

Seems like (((science)))

Yeah, this doesn't deprive oxygen. Mamallian lungs hold a reservoir of air that's usually holding around 2-5% less oxygen than the surrounding air. Hyperventilating increases the oxygen concentration up to the surrounding 21% oxygen in the surrounding air. So yeah hyperventilating does increase oxygen in the lungs and blood and decrease CO2.

Way to discredit anything u idiot.
Either way, placebo or not - it works for this guy.

Are you the smartest man on earth?

Different user, I don't know much about Wim Hof and his methods but these claims sound very similar to proven true claims about yoga, as far as the whole being able to manipulate specific body functions aspect. One of the most influential tidies done was of a yogi who could stop his heart temporarily and control temperature in specific parts of his body. I think the breathing exercises are essentially just acting as a different form of meditation.