Running with weights DANGEROUS???

Is running with weights dangerous? I'm planning on joining the (british) army where I know I'll need to have a pack on, and wanted to know that instead of trying to go further or faster when I'm running, wearing a heavy backpack would be better for me. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

roguefitness.com/rogue-farmers-walk-handles
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Friend of mine fucked up his back in german "Navy" training

running with extra weight puts a lot of stress on your joints, I wouldn't recommend it.
I swear by rowing for cardio/endurance training since it's low impact.

Would be interested in what other anons have to say

We ran with our rucks way over packed on my recce course. My knees are still okay. When I was training for a military competition that included running with ruck all we did was run hills and sprint as well as long distance running and that worked really well too. This is dragging on so tldr I would recommend not running with weight as you will do enough of that in the military and you can train for it in other ways.

Beware. If you run with feels, they can break your spirit.

I've only heard shit about the German military in general. They seem to be heavily underfunded and the recruits are sub-par.

You do what you gotta do when bullets are flying, but in training ruck-runs are pretty damaging long-term.

Run, sprint, etc without weight, but do ruckmarches with weight. You need to learn how to lengthen your stride and keep a good pace without adding the bounce of a run under weight.

The combat branches, typically,, will fuck up your body over time. Like a construction worker

Them feels are too heavy bro

The friend i'm talking about is quite fit and smart, went for an "Offizier" position. But yea german army is full of retards and weak as fuck. Actually, they had to film a reality tv show that was advertised on youtube to get germans to join the army. You can imagine what kind of subhoman is recriutable with a reality tv show. This country is fucking screwed as soon as the smallest militairy conflict arises. Fucking Embarrassing

>Actually, they had to film a reality tv show that was advertised on youtube to get germans to join the army.
Conscription was stupid af tho. I know a couple of guys who got arrested for not wanting to fuck around for a year.

run consistently at an incline.
run mountain trails.

ez gg

>meet Germans on joint exercises or some other stupid shit
>for every white fat slob there is one mehmed
>women look like sloots with fake tan, trashy make-up, oh look, they even brought their own Lady Gaga

Its like you don`t have a will to fight anymore

It isnt too bad if you easy yourself into it. Militaries will make you move at their pace no matter how or slow.

I would recommend walking with your ruck for a while and let your body get use to it and get accustomed to caring the load. From there, slowly start to introduce running. The key is to not over do it and to listen to your body.

you dont need to run with the backpack before you join, just get your cardio and pushups/situps sorted pal

the last time the germans did fight against, judaizm the whole world tried to murder them.
germany became a deathcamp after ww2, called BRD and DDR.
before ww2 the deathcamp was called, jewmeier republic.

Same here OP. I just do hill sprints and general cardio aside from my lifting. Oh and I'm walking 400m with a 20kg plate in each hand as that is part of the endurance test for paras

just use these or something

roguefitness.com/rogue-farmers-walk-handles

RIP your joints

Don't train specifically for just the rucking. Train for cardio first, rucking will come later. Especially in basic training. If you really wanna do combat arms, expect to have your hips, knees and shoulders to die on you before you're 28 years old.

>t. US army infantry fag

Long term, it is harmful if you run on hard surfaces like asphalt or paved roads in general. If your run in the woods it's hardly a problem. The lighter your bodyweight and the stronger your joints are will lessen the risk of having long term problems.

>want to join the army
>afraid of a little long term damage that most vets easily live with
Bitch fuck off. And to answer your question, no you don't need to train with a ruck on before you join the army. Just go hiking and work on your stride+all the other obvious fitness stuff you need to do

Joe Rogan does weighted runs/hikes so you can be pretty sure it's retarded

Do not fucking run with a weighted pack mate.

Do heavy ruck marches, make sure your 1.5 mile time is good for your PT tests and get used to running longer distances comfortably.

All of the above will get you better prepared for yomping, forced marching e.t.c. without the chance of fucking your joints up.
If you're lifting, skwaats are getting your body more prepared to work under a load.

As a former soldier I want to say it's because his pack wasn't sat properly on his pack, with the right fit there shouldn't be any trouble.

flying to france, trying out for FFL next year
redpill me on training
>pack march
>chinups
>pushups

this is all my preparation atm. I squatted 170kg today so.... farewell gains. it was nice lifting with you. time to get /lean/ amirite

If you are going for the FFL you shouldn't need any redpilling. They are no joke and best of luck to you if you follow through with it.

>Damage that most vets easily live with

I guarantee that the majority of injured vets out there would kill to live without whatever pain they have. There's a reason why cynicism is so high in vets(and military in general), it's a coping mechanism because shit sucks.

it will guaranteed fuck up your knees and legs in general if you start with 20-30kg right away.

shouldn't be too much trouble if you slowly add more and more doe

death from above senpai

i have 6 months to go from bearmode to legionnaire recruit.

current plan is to keep lifting and do hikes or runs on off days... see how much strength i can hold on to.