Hi Veeky Forums

Hi Veeky Forums

So I'll admit I'm pretty fat - 5' 10" and 240 lbs

I carry it well because I also have broad shoulders and I'm muscular, but I've recently started living a pretty clean lifestyle and I'm loving how I feel (new gf is part of it).

My big question is, when do you think I can expect to lose most of the gut fat and manboobs? Obv it's not a dealbreaker since we're already a thing but I want to look better for her.

calculate your tdee and eat 500 cals below that. you should average ~.5-1 kg loss per week. its impossible to say when you'll lose boobs/belly because your only in control of HOW MUCH fat you have, not WHERE you store it

I swear my arms and legs are actually pretty toned, all the fat in my body hangs off my fucking chest and gut.

With your height and weight, you have a BMI of 34, which makes you obese. To have a healthyt weight, you'd have to be about 170 pounds, which means you should lose 70 pounds. You can expect to lose that much weight in about 1.3 years if you lose just over a pound a week, which would require you to eat at a caloric deficit of 500 calories per day. Patience and consistency are key.

post a picture, I guarantee you look like garbage at 240 5ft10

>toned
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

but yeah. thats just genetics. you can manipulate the amount of fat, but your body is going to store it where it wants. hence why womencan have fat ass/legs/hips/tits and still have a narrow waist

just keep losing weight and eventually you'll be lean all over

>I carry it well
>5'10
>240 lbs

You could be a fucking powerlifter for your entire life and you still look like shit with those stats. You are OBESE

well, that's part of why I'm trying to lose the weight, I want us to look good together in pics

I have a physical job, so I actually get a lot of arm/leg exercise in

gimme a sec

curious to see you deliver, don't let me down user

Don't listen to these guys too much. You can really only get a VERY basic idea of what someone looks like by h/w stats.

Take me, I'm 5'8 and coming in hot at like 220. I've put on a lot of weight, but normies think I'm Veeky Forums. Girls still mire. Even though I'm technically Obese, my body shape is still manly looking. Think "dadbod".

That being said I'm ashamed of my damn self and I'm cutting hard right now to get it back down to a comfortable 180-170 lbs.

Just do what said, cut your calories down. If you're lazy (read: not autistic) about the calorie count for all your meals remember to round up a few 100 calories.

sorry, took a sec to get it uploaded

like I said, I know I'm fat but I think I carry it well

One thing that I think will really help is if I stop drinking as much (re: every day)

Not 100% about fast food/eating out now, worried that it'll just set me back

you have no visible muscle and you look obese, get your shit in order please.
Eat less and count your calories, at that weight and height you should drop quickly
Does this look like a fit person to you?

Here's what I did when I was like you. losing weight by doing 1000cal a day whilst intermittent fasting. The fat literally melted off me.

Do that for a month, then after your body adjusts start lifting and and slightly increase your cals so you can eat more protein. You'll still lose fat but you'll not lose much muscle. Finally when you're happy with your body fat increase your cals to maintenance and lift like a motherfucker. If you find you're not putting muscle or fat on after a couple of months increase cals by maybe 200 a day and keep lifting.

Yeah, sorry but you don't look too muscular. Do the right thing, sounds like your heads in the right place.

This is a good idea. Your body prioritizes alcohol metabolism over fat, so it can slow down your progress, not just by adding calories to burn, but also reducing your capacity to burn fat.

Nah, he looks fat, you're right. You'd probably say the same about me though. This man is easily 20-30 lbs from looking decent enough. His body is still v-tapering a bit so he's not a complete lost cause yet.

I'm 40 lbs from my goal weight, which will put my body appearance just above visible abs. My body looks (probably) like what his body could look like in about 15-20 lbs.

Not him, but I'm also on the fat loss train.

My TDEE at this weight and exercise level (swimming for about 30-40 minutes 4x per week) is like 2800. I've been shooting between 2 and 2.5k ... 1000k seems dangerous to me... What's your h/w when you started? Did you know what your TDEE was?

210lbs 5'10"

I didn't exercise to start and built up slowly, I think if you start slow your body will use the fat over muscle, you'll just get super hungry aswell. It's basically easier to not eat the cals than exercise them off.

Don't get me wrong the beginning calories is not something that you can do for long, but the fat melted off me, I looked slimmer every day I woke up, and gave me great motivation to carry on. Just make sure you eat multivitamins.

I think my tdee was roughly 2200, but I don't read too much into it.

Hmm, not sure I have what it takes, but I might start cutting more aggressively. Thanks for the input.

Try it

Are these girls Japanese? I want to learn a new language and was debating between Japanese and Italian.

Both kinds of girl are very hot, can't really go wrong.
Pros of Italian are it has a lot of overlap, and will probably be easier.
Pros of Japanese is weebshit mostly.

I probably will. Maybe at 1500 while maintaining my swimming habbit.