What do you guys do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

High bar is superior in all ways

low + front

if your not competitive in PL or OLY then whichever is comfier for you

OLY highbar

PL probably low bar, but for some, high (I PL and do high but its not the norm)

Implying it's not a question of body proportions and goals.

Zerchers because gym has no shiggle rack.

>Still squatting in 2017
Do you compete?
If yes, good, squat.
If not, why squat?
If it is for aesthetics, leg press is objectively superior
If it is for health, HIIT is objectively superior
So again, why do you squat?

>If not, why squat?
because it's one of the best compound exercises?

>leg press superior to squat in anything besides snapping knees

nice excuses to remain weak faggot

>g8 b8 m8

High bar

Low bar feels very unnatural

>leg press is superior
kek
>HIIT is superior
Apples and oranges

lowbar for me

feels a lot more stable, I have a better control of the weight and of my form

As to what?
I can be immature and cherrypick squatters with poor form, but I don't.
The leg press moves more weight over the same ROM, hence it's better for hypertrophy
If you are scared of it because that one careless 40 kg womanlet snapped a knee, you're a faggot
>Excuse
Explanation*
Seriously, what does strength offer you (if you don't compete)?
Not an argument
>>leg press is superior
>kek
For quad hypertrophy, it absolutely is. See above.
>>HIIT is superior
>Apples and oranges
For health, it is. What health benefits does the squat give you?
>Muh marginally higher bone density
Leg press does that too, without risking a hernia, a slipped disk, a dislocated knee or similar

For context, I squat too, but I don't see the point anymore

I never go to my max with squats, I barely can handle the weight and it feels that 90% of my energy is here to balance the weight. I never go over 120 kg with squats ever.

If you do heavy deadlifts go High Bar or mix it up low bar develops many of the same muscles so high would focus more on the things lagging. If you just wanna lift weight and be a bro low bar.

Highbar, low bar lets me do more weight but the form feels sloppier

>If it is for aesthetics, leg press is objectively superior
retarded
>If it is for health, HIIT is objectively superior
fair point

high bar.

can get more depth and is easier on my shoulders.

not gonna make it

Amazing and insightful response, thank you
See

not him, but there's nothing to "See".
it's just bait and shit "arguments".

Allow me to elaborate, what I meant is that all your arguments are retarded

>>Muh marginally higher bone density
>Leg press does that too, without risking a hernia, a slipped disk, a dislocated knee or similar

Because the only way to squat is to try to use your max for every rep?

Ah, I see, so Steve Reeves (who trained like that) is currently a dyel who never gonna make it?

Consider this:
the high bar squatters' elitism against low bar squatters is fueled by meme reasons.

I feel like this is related so i'll ask. I currently do moderately heavy low bar squats and ever since i hit 3pl8 i've been getting this insane tightness in my right knee after ANY squatting (even 1pl8) that stays for a few days. There's no pain it just feels like there's a lot of pressure built up and the joint feels sorta weak. Is this an injury and should i go to my doc? anyone else have this before? I've held off on squatting and I feel confident my form is solid.

Foam roll and stretch. It is probably a mobility issue.

Yeah i've been on that for about 2 weeks and the pressure was gone, but i just squatted yesterday with just the bar and the pressure is back. Still no pain so im confused as fuck

post form check

never heard of him, so he didn't make it

aight one sec

aight blood

Long as u fuckin squat it doesn't matter, do what feels right to you.
My leverages allow me to feel better when doing highbar
Also, squatting builds great fukn gluteus and core strength, fuck replacing it with leg press.

I can't back squat ass to grass whether it's high bar or low bar, but I can do so perfectly on front squats. Should I just switch to front squats completely, and if so what should I add to cover anything that will be lagging from switching?

The floor is actually pretty uneven in my back room so it might look kinda weird. It's the best i can do for now. front one inc

deadlift
and hip thrust/glute bridge

Highbar.

I'd rather do good morning and rdl then lowbar.

Front squat is hip dominant as fuck, I say throw in some posterior chain work/ deadlifting in ya program to make up for it.
Otherwise, you're good

I've been lifting heavy for about 8-9 months now after taking a 2 year break for school, bulkin too if that makes any difference

Low-bar squats shouldn't be done ass to grass, you require some sort of superhuman mobility to do that plus I think those who do that fuck their back. I used to do ATG low bar squats and I discovered I was simply relaxing my back at the end of the lift, which caused me back pain that it's still somewhat painful after 6 months.

Low-bar should be done until you can maintain a straight back (inclined of course), that's usually below parallel.

You can say that for anything.

>Why play basketball if you aren't going to the NBA?
>Why go to school if you aren't going to become a doctor/lawyer/nurse/etc?
>Why get a job when you can live with your parents your whole life?
>Why take go outside when you can just stay inside?

You are that one guy that always needs a reason why someone can't do something or isn't doing something

I used to be unatheltic as fuck. Then I started squatting. I'm up to 465lbs and my general athleticism has gone up a retarded amount. It's honestly insane how much one lift has impacted my life. That being said I don't do high-bar or low-bar. I do a mix. It's too low to be high and too high to be low.

Front squads>>>>>>>>>>>

Everything else is a meme

how the fuck can you compare leg press where you are seated which works mostly quads and squat which utilizes the whole body including small stabilizer muscles? not to mention the benefits of getting denser bones over time from it.

all of the things you listed can't happen if you don't ego lift and use your head. you also don't have to squat heavy every workout.

Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

yeah heavy squats and deadlifts take a big toll on your body. that's why i always do those exercises at the end.

Thanks bros, I'll get at it.
> We're all gonna make it.

LOL powershitters have no dignity

Which squat is generally easier on the knees?

kneefrees

Because I'm not gay

I took Rippetoe's advice and swithe to the low bar squat. I did high bar for a while and it never felt quite right. Low bar feels superior in almost every way, especially in the motion of the squat itself. Only problem is my shoulder mobility is shit, so my wrists end up hurting after low bar squats.

HEY
WHY THE FUCK DOES MY CAT'S PUSSY SMELL LIKE CAT SHIT

high bar

I was born a kneeless man

Low bar for main lift, front and hb as assistantce. With low bar I feel like I can squat the entire world and stay stable, also it feels more natural, maybe due my long femurs.

Front

>>Why play basketball if you aren't going to the NBA?
It's fun, healthy and social, unlike squats.
You wouldn't play basketball alone, would you?
>>Why go to school if you aren't going to become a doctor/lawyer/nurse/etc?
>>Why get a job when you can live with your parents your whole life?
Because I want to be a functional, self sufficient adult
>>Why take go outside when you can just stay inside?
The above analogies were terrible enough, I won't even bother with that one
>You are that one guy that always needs a reason why someone can't do something or isn't doing something
I do need a reason to put 160 kg on my back, yes
I dunno man, I just can. Angry because I made you question your dogmatic view?

most oly lifters train since they were kids and have pretty much perfect proportions for squats, just take a look by which criteria chinese coaches pick their junior lifters.

not to mention both of their main lifts are basically part squat and they train that shit every single day. you can't even compare them to powerlifters let alone some random guy that picked up weightlifting after sitting on his ass for 15 years before that. it's fucking rare to find someone outside of oly lifting having such amazing ankle mobility AND great squat body proportions like they do.

also comparing 250-300 kg squats to 400+. topkek my friend

don't squat anymore, but for the six years I did I did highbar

lowbar never felt good to me

leg press/direct quad work is only objectively superior for hypertrophy for certain builds (long femur high forward lean squatters) so your entire premise is wrong there pal

keep your fucking form right

Amazing argument
Let me guess, you don't like girls who squat either, right, theyd probably peg you

It's supposed to be funny. Why do you try to ruin things? Stop it. Think about your life and stop it.

>If it is for aesthetics, leg press is objectively superior
It scares me that some DYEL actually believes this

ASS MAD WEAK POWERLIFTER DETECTED

POINT AND LAUGH

AHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAVAHAHHA

High bar and front squat. I try low bar every now and then, feels good but the bar position is awkward. Maybe if I had more meat on my back.

>What health benefits does the squat give you?
Works your core, lower back, glutes, hamstrings, quads, and thighs. Only doing leg press creates muscle imbalances which are bad for your knees.
>without risking a hernia, a slipped disk, a dislocated knee or similar
>the only way to do a difficult compound exercise is by trying to rep your max and/or being a retard about it

>I never go over 120 kg with squats ever.
Why? Surely after a while you'll be able to handle more than 120kg without significantly increasing the risk of injury. That's the definition of progress. In the future lifting 150kg will be like lifting whatever weight you lift now

In the future, all penises will enter all butts.

>works out alone
>wants to be self sufficient but needs others to help lift things
>I don't have answers to everything because i really dont know what i am saying
>I need a reason as to why I should really do anything that requires actual effort

thats what you just stated

>>works out alone
Sometimes yes. Your point?
>>wants to be self sufficient but needs others to help lift things
Lol no
If your living conditions are such that muscular strength from heavy back squats directly translates to self sufficiency I feel bad for you
>>I don't have answers to everything because i really dont know what i am saying
Well I did have an answer to every stupid thing you said
What I haven't gotten an answer on in the entire thread is "why squat"
Note that I never said that I don't squat or that you shouldn't. I posed a question and I have gotten jack squat for an answer
>>I need a reason as to why I should really do anything that requires actual effort
Part of becoming an adult is prioritising your actions on an effort vs reward basis
Why should I exert the effort to squat? What rewards are there in it?
>thats what you just stated
That's how your underage fanatic brain interpreted it.

>Its fun to do everything alone. Your point?
>Strength gains will not help myself lift things on my own
>I still don't have an answer so ill just say you are stupid, ironically.
>I need to prioritize everything so I get maximum effort. Which leads back to why should i play basketball and have fun with other people if I can play alone but im not going to since im not going to get any real rewards.
>You are underage, i can tell just from my master interpretation skills and also because its summer

thats what you just said

Are you insane?

Well my shoulder flexibility is trash so all I can't even do low bar.

boxsquats

Squat to become stronger.
If you don't think that's a good reason, good for you, stay weak and fuck off.

>these are the newfags that tell you your routine is shit
kys.

both

>hamstrings, quads, and thighs
>and thighs
What did he mean by this?

>Ill just call this guy insane to further validate my religious beliefs on why squatting is a sin

lol, chill out lil bitch. You can do whatever you wanna do, im just fuckin around here. Sorry if i hurt your feelings

get a load of this guy

You sure are autistic. Lemme call your wrangler

I can't high bar squat with a proper upright torso without having my heels pop up. How to improve mobility?

Kill yourself

I also did the relaxing thing and it hurts

pretty cute.
Again, sorry for hurting your little feelings

I am not gonna spoon feed you info you can easily google.
Work on hip mobility and ankle mobility. Daily.
Have a pic and do some fucking research.

The so called weightlifting ankle stretch is your best friend, too. Do it every time you're in the gym.

Since I started doing this stretch every squat/dl workout I can sit more and more upright while squatting.

Good excuse to get wrist wraps for squatting and makes forearms look swole.

Quarter

I alternate each week, keeps the workout fresh. And i do front squats after i Deadlift every week

>It's fun, healthy and social, unlike squats.
Do you not have any friends in the gym?