Win an auction on ebay for a graphics card

>win an auction on ebay for a graphics card
>start mining with it
>wait 45 days (maximum allowed) then file a complaint "item not as described"
>ebay sides with buyers in 100% of cases, force a refund
>seller loses graphics card and the money; same as if someone broke into their house and stole it

1) How on earth is this legal

2) Why does ebay still even exist?

This hasn't happened to me as I've only bought a few things on Ebay, but good lord what a joke for sellers. Who the fuck would continue selling on Ebay knowing that you can literally just have your shit stolen with 0 recourse and no ability to stop it?

Here in germany if this was sold as a private seller ( i sold ike 40 articles so far ranging from Games to books over board games ) i always write:

This i a private auction so refund are not possible

And in germany this is the law.
If its private iM not firced to give refund to anybody

>2) Why does ebay still even exist?

Because BitBay isn't mainstream yet.

Then just buy a graphics card from MediaMarkt, mine with it for a month and then return it. You get to keep the mined Bitcoin and you get your money back.

I hope there's a database of the people who scam sellers like this and when the 4th Reich is established, they're among the first to go to the "labor" camps.

It will happen and eBay always sides with the customer so I would not sell any new mining equipment as its obvious people out there would pull this, not everyone but some will. About only way to avoid is open a new eBay account and sell equipment within a weeks time and after getting funds close account and don't respond to emails pull cash from account.

If you get a fraudulent chargeback or return request, with the money already transferred to a bank account, PayPal will set your account to a negative balance. I'm pretty sure if this happens, you won't be able to open a new PayPal account at all until the original one gets paid.

So, opposite was true for me. I was selling rx580s for double and some viet-cuck tried to get me by filing a complaint. Yes, my funds were immediately, not just frozen, but pulled from my checking account. I went nuts. I had delivery confirmation and Duk-Kwan reported it was never received. I went up the ladder at eBay calling and filing official complaints. I told one rep. That I was a prolific blogger for HuffPost and was going to do a story on how rediculous this was. (I had perfect feedback, buyer had all positive feedback but it was all created in 1 month; plus the members who provided said feedback were residing on the damn Ho Chi Minh trail.) The blogger part was fake and Gay. Anyway...whatever.. I not only got my money back but buy some random reason or glitch, I got another refund for same amount like 3 days later. So yea.. my 1 off story

Any of you who do this are such lowlifes. Hurting someone else's livelihood because your a cheap dishonest excuse of a person.

I did this sometimes for china shit that was under $10. No tracking on eBay = free.

Selling on ebay is such a shitty deal for the sellers
>ebay fees
>Paypal fees
>Shipping fees
And then ebay sides with the buyer anyway.
I don't know how they put up with it.

>buy makes offer
>accept their offer within a couple hours
>they never pay
>ebay then takes their 10% cut
>click on button saying you werent paid
>ebay gives you the 10% cut back as a credit on fees

I opted in to have this automated, but seriously, eBay is straight garbage.

Ssssh dont tell normies about bitbay yet
Fucking mars mission in 2018 I'm calling it

What's bitbay? a crypto ebay?

Yes, much better than that.

It's at 3 cents, I'm all in, imagine the astronomical gains when this thing takes off.

Don't shill it too much before 2018 and accumulate, let the Veeky Forums faggots drown in their LINK and Verge

>ebay Auto
>selling a $40k car thats FLOOD DAMAGED
>selling it for $4000
>in three places on ad ITS A FLOOD CAR
>Every single Auction winner:
>All 6 of my auction
>"I didn't know it was a Flood car."
>fuck Ebay

Sounds good!

This is the exact reason I stopped selling on ebay.
>It's legal because you agree to their terms when you use their service
>They only exist because they've captured almost all of the online auctions market and no where else has ebay's numbers
Yes and they will also send your debt into collections. They did this to me over $30.

ebay basically triple dip you on fee's

selling fee
postage fee
paypal fee

its very off-putting, i would never start an ebay business.

Follow the roadmap is all I can say for now
I can see x100 happening.

Seriously, FUCK EBAY TO DEATH.

WARNING TO EVERYONE WHO SELLS ANYTHING.

Never, EVER. Click the "no returns" option. This literally means YOU DO NOT CCEPT RETURNS. SO, if you sell something and the buyer claims they deserve a refund for ANY reason. Paypal will REFUND them and they do not have to return the item EVER (because you explicitly said no returns). It is plain as day but a little bit confusing for sellers and ebay makes no effort to specify that this doesn't mean you dont accept refunds, it just means you do not want anything returned. I ended up giving away a brand new iphone because I check that fucking box.

Fuck EBAY.