Is the 'Basque-Neanderthal' connection theory real?

Is the 'Basque-Neanderthal' connection theory real?

East asians and Amerindians have more neanderthal admixture than any european population.

It's fake news as usual. Basques are Meds.

Basques are descended from Anatolians who migrated to Europe 40,000 years after Neanderthals went extinct

If you've ever been to the Basque country, you would realize how serious this question is.

actually Basques do not cluster close to NEF

Many times closer than to anything else like WHG, EHG, Yamna etc. They're mostly farmer.

Fy faen så digg å se gode gamle Jahn her på Veeky Forums. Tonsberggutt; akkurat som meg.

Is that Iggy Pop on the right?

Basques are descended from European hunter-gatherers, I don't know why you're spreading this nonsense.

Not him but you’re full of shit, they have more ENF ancestry than WHG one

no, not even close.
All studies of Basques have put them as closer to European Hunter Gatherers.
Living in the Basque region doesn't make someone Basque. Ethnic Basque peoples cluster on the same lines as Balts and some Icelanders do. They aren't the same nor are they terribly closely related, but in regards to shared paleo-European DNA they are more alike than any of the other European peoples.
A balt with Yamna DNA will cluster closer to a Scandinavian or Finn, but neither Scandinavians or Finns will have a shared Paleo-European lineage as the Balts and Basques share. Maybe Finns to some degree but they are an outlier.

No, just shut the fuck up, Basques absolutely DO NOT cluster with with Balt or Icelanders, look at any fucking PCA proves you wrong, why don't you fuckwits ever doublecheck? it would spare you a lot of time and embarrassment

Kek

Basque guy here, I'm curious about this too.

Interesting.
>Finnish are the closest living people to Corded Ware
>Tajiks are the closest living people to Yamnaya and Scythians
>Mediterranean has gotten whiter since ancient and classical times

>DO NOT cluster with with Balt or Icelanders
no one said they did lmao, go back and re-read my post, brainlet.
I said they share a high amount of the same DNA being WHG. I even said they don't cluster near each other but they do share the WHG genes which do cluster together.
>proving my point
lmao

2nd Generation American Basque. My research and my father's research seemed to say we're Pre-IndoEuropeans, were possibly related to the old Aquitanian languages in Pre-Roman and Pre-Celtic Gaul and Iberia, and we definitely are Stone Age motherfuckers. If you take the cave tours (Sars and that other one), they point out how all old Basque tool words have the root 'stone" in them.

Even if this is true, that migration would be so remote that they'd share more ancestors with the surrounding groups

Which they don't. Basque are very insular.

Tok meg et oyeblikk å kjenne han igjen. Fyren ser ut som han har fått grisejuling en gang månedlig i 30 år.

>40,000 years

No retard. You said they had more whg than enf which is clearly false

Why are you useing a Norwegian druggie as a ref OP?

source

>>Mediterranean has gotten whiter since ancient and classical times
GERMED

>Germs are white

Is that Daniel Bryan?

Basque is the only Continental langue not descended from PIE, but I wonder how their language contributed to their cultural/genetic makeup.