Honest question about LINK...

Honest question about LINK. Where will the token demand come from in the future if 350 million tokens are already reserved for node operators?

Other urls found in this thread:

gtreview.com/news/fintech/swift-finds-blockchain-has-potential-but-will-not-commit-yet/
youtube.com/watch?v=1nmLU284fIk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hmm. Really actives the almonds doesn't it?

finally someone gets it. this is kinda like ripple in that the price just can't go up

The idea is that the ecosystem grows to a point where, even with the full billion tokens in circulation, demand for node services exerts an upwards buy pressure on the token.

Bear in mind that liquidity is only a small part of any token ecosystem. Only a small proportion of total tokens are actually providing transactional value. Think in terms of ETH where ETH is used to pay transaction fees, but much more ETH is locked up in people's personal accounts. Not every LINK token needs to be moving to node operators in order to have value.

Also, if Sergey is prudent, then the release of tokens will be scaled with the growth of the general project in order to maintain balance and liquidity.

i dont understand, node operators are getting free link tokens?

Incentives for node operators... meaning there will be large bonuses at the start... to kickstart the economy and decentralized oracle network.

This step is not only key, but in my opinion, necessary.

Keep holding brother, theres no other coin I'd rather be holding, despite market price.

only for old money data sources like Bloomberg, ESPN, etc. dont keep your hopes up pajeet. smartcontract aint giving you free LINKs for your pleb-tier data node.

right

NEO is doing the same thing. You dont see people flipping out over that.

well, shit. would suck if they just decided, "eh, this shits not working like we wanted" and then dumped on us...

Do you understand how decentralized networks work?

we played ourselves

Because they want an amount of Link that makes competition rare and a price on Link that keeps people from accumulating similar amounts.

The node incentives are fucking brilliant. Give Bloomberg or some other massive old world institution 5M Link for free. They would drive the price up so goddamned hard it would make your head spin.

Since they aren't buying the Link for nodes and they have a large number of them it becomes in their interest to increase the value of their holdings and prevent others from accumulating a similar amount.

Just like Swift, I doubt whether Bloomberg will ever give a shit about a token like link kek

>Just like swift
you will literally be considering suicide in a year if you don't get your head out of your ass

Lmao same overused image, this is skateboard tier.

35% going to Node Operators and to Incentivize the Ecosystem

incentivize the ecosystem is for old money to buy in, i get it

how are node operators getting token incentives?

This thread is killing me.

Bloomberg won't be a node operator. They will be a data source. ChainLink isn't giving a million LINK to ESPN so that they can submit sports scores.

Have any of you read the fucking white paper? Jesus Christ. A lot of anons are going to make a lot of money off this, if they hold for a couple of years, without having the faintest clue what they actually invested in.

These are excellent answers, thanks anons. Seems like the general idea of the reserved amount is to encourage bigger entities to use the chainlink network, and once they see how much money they can save/people they can fire by using it they will realize how valuable it is and hoard it, driving demand up.

skateboard tier?

that image is real... those are real partnerships...

JUNs skateboard was just a skateboard... thats all it was...

Sergay tried this before with NXT and it failed horribly as well.

Even Bancor is worth more than Link at this point. That says a lot, a widely known scamcoin is worth more that your coin lmao.

>Have any of you read the fucking white paper?
of course not, lol. they're just brainlet FUDers

Wow a few logos on a website, that means so much. Swift basically said fuck you to Chainlink recently.

>own their own smart contract oracle
So not chainlink?

What are all the reserve 350m tokens for then?

but SWIFT just gave chainlink another 6 digits in funds 1 day after SIBOS demo?

Jesus christ man.

It is on their fucking website, clear as day.

Literally grasping at straws. Swift said that the concept is a decent idea but they are not ready to commit.

Keep holding this shitcoin all the way to Bitbean territory for all I care. I'm just trying to save the newbies from losing money.

Thanks, user. Haven't invested, new around here. user up above said something like they weren't going to give out tokens to incentivise to large corporations.

>NXT was supposed to be the "Next" big thing at the time, it offered a "Programmable Money"... but most people migrated to Ethereum when it became understood that the Development community was heavily leaning that way (50k Devs). I don't believe it's a re-branding as much as it is an Evolutionary path that they took with ChainLink. They have been discovering new potential as they progress in to Eth. They can create more sophisticated user experiences.

This was the only info I could find about NXT. Seems like he was working on a competitor to ETH at the time? Like many anons here I'm concerned about how fucking terrible he is about prioritizing marketing. Hopefully he has secured more partnerships than we think he has. I can't help but think that he's a little overconfident with zero marketing, although really the current price is mostly reflected by biz's ADHD

If there is no burn function or staking function the coin may not increase in value as it doesn't need to and they only thing that might increase the value is the economic demand for the tokens if the use is high and tokens are scarce.

You're the one grasping at straws. They were talking about Hyperledger Fabric, another blockchain they were looking at and demo'd. "Even if Swift were to pick blockchain to address current inefficiencies, the choice of specific platform that it uses – Hyperledger Fabric – is not set in stone. “We selected Fabric as one of the blockchain technologies that we consider is suitable for the financial industry,” said Vanderveken at the demo. But he added that Fabric is “not the only one”, and that Swift has not bound itself to a final choice when it comes to platform type"

gtreview.com/news/fintech/swift-finds-blockchain-has-potential-but-will-not-commit-yet/ Link for anyone curious.

The tokens don't go out to large corporations. THe tokens go out to people running nodes that translate information from large corporations into information that blockchains can understand.

Doing this is a way where you have a decentralised "market" of nodes all competing to give the most accurate information, is exactly what ChainLink is about.

Have you seen the interviews of Sergey Nazarov? He is literally saying the exact same thing over and over like a broken record.

Also, his company is based in the Cayman Islands....Do you really think reputable US companies would want to be associated with something like that?

One more thing...all the social media stopped after the token sale. I wonder why?

This scamcoin has security written all over it.

You started from "skateboard level lie" and came to "they like it but they are not committed just yet" in just 4 posts. Look at you. I'm sure you'll be making your parents proud with that high school debate team of yours.

Dude, save your energy. This is pleb-tier FUD.

Sergey probably received a dozen million as pocket money to help them out creating their system just to not make us rich...filthy elite....

Link is over bought - Get Zap

Here is the video of Sergey when he was pushing NXT.

youtube.com/watch?v=1nmLU284fIk

Sounds like the exact same thing he goes around saying now word for word. How long did the practice this bullshit in the mirror? Lmao I guess it worked though since he scammed so many with Link.

Yawn, he is never getting a big partnership with his Cayman Island's company. Face it.

Keep holding dem bags tho.

This is the thing though, Chainlink is just an idea...not even a working product. Sad!

LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Trump-speak

>8 posts by this ID
You always find that the fudders are the main posters in these threads, seriously check from now on.
They are more obsessed with this coin than the holders because they too see the potential but they hope it will fail and think shitposting on Veeky Forums achieves anything when the success of chainlink will be decided by banks trading trillions of dollars

When you realize some people only come to 4chaj to shit post
And it's easy to shit post about things other anons are in love with

they are the whales - wolves in sheep's clothing