Monaco fiasco should be a lesson to you LINKtards

lesson: token economics = everything

so monaco finally accomplished their goal of Visa sponsorship, but their price plummeted, why? because they took away the tokens' 1% dividends. people realized they're effectively worthless, only used to order new cards.

i keep hearing people talking about "moon moon sibos revolutionary tech moon banks moon oracles" but EVEN IF link turns out to change the world, is used everywhere, is adopted by financial institutions, etc. - in this best case scenario, there's still missing an economic argument for why this UTILITY TOKEN will astronomically increase in price, especially when 65% are still not in circulation.

so, linkies, you can jack off and wet your panties all day over the tech. you may even be correct about that. but until you solve the TOKEN ECONOMICS PROBLEM, you may well be a poor street-shitting pajeet no matter whether sergey solves the oracle problem.

Other urls found in this thread:

create.smartcontract.com/#/profiles/SonyCorporation
capgemini.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/smart_contracts_in_fs.pdf
pastebin.com/6xcsc2jR
www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GAC15_Technological_Tipping_Points_report_2015.pdf#page=24
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's going to be YEARS before link is used by any big players, and in those early years the 350million set aside for node operators are going to be used instead of the investors' 350million circulating. so it's going to be like a decade before your precious link in your wallet is going to be needed in the open market. think about that.

>Nodes are used to show trustworthy nodes.
>More link more trustworthy
>Node feeds bad data, node loses link
Link is paid as a reward to nodes and the most trusted nodes will be the ones with the most link.
Token economics isn’t a problem the token already has its use case, go research the shit you fud next time.
And just a reminder you’re at the ground price of this revolutionary coin and a chance to be near the top of the ponzi and you’re choosing to miss out

When the Dev team don't want to hype their coin because they 'want to get a working product first' should already be a signal to exit. I lost alot on Link but the fact that it can still go sub ICO forced me to cut my losses.

Linkies get cucked by Zap solving the oracle problem first

wtf does that mean "more trustworthy"? have you looked into the details? have you done any math? At least with crypto credit cards and a dividend %, you can do some preliminary math to see what the tokens are worth.

but no, you just have some rudimentary childlike understanding of "durr we need token to have TRUST therefore obviously we will be worth $50 billion!!" when the actual implementation may just pull the rug out from under you when it's not as big of a deal as you think.

bump

I used trustworthy as I assumed you’re a brainlet and don’t understand the principle behind any node based coin.
Basically hosting your own node is easy infact there’s already a guide on plebbit already, if you’re running a node to run x data and another person is running the same but has less link staked on the node then depending on network traffic your node will have priority to feed the data and you will gain the transaction fee(in the form of link tokens)
The possibility for use cases are endless and link could become a very valuable commodity for running nodes for relaying all types of different data, that’s the whole reason why such a big chunk had to be reserved specifically for node operators in the first place.

Go read up on masternodes instead of writing some bullshit trying to compare it to a crypto credit card that has a token with no purpose other than buy different coloured card designs.. fucking retard

maybe read the white paper you idiot

all you did was put up a bunch more words. ok let's see the specific economic breakdown in terms of prices of data and shit that will lead LINK tokens to have a valuation of $50 billion

I am so happy watching link shills get BTFO. THIS IS INCREDIBLE. YES!

shooky . wonderboy, [31.10.17 21:25]
node operators get paid 1/325th of every transaction

let's say just those 5 firms alone use LINK

no swift

no fedex

no sony

no paypal

nothing

just those 5 firms

they manage $25+ trillion in assets and transact at least $10+ trillion annually

shooky . wonderboy, [31.10.17 21:26]
what is $10 trillion / 325

it's over 30 billion

fucking no linkies about to be shoving markets up their assholes I cannot wait

>it's going to be YEARS before link is used by any big players
[citation needed]

i have no fucking clue why you think sony and paypal is going to rely on a "marketplace of oracles" to send payments. keep dreaming. "oh but the use cases are so versatile" --> assuming that literally evertyhgin the world is going to depend on link in the future --> gives it a valuation of $50 billion in his head --> goes all-in

Thanks for the perspective

>let's see the specific economic breakdown in terms of prices of data

Is this what holders have to do a month after launch? Provide an entire economic case for a speculative field that has a range that is currently completely unknown and unknowable?

Please provide me these calculations for your shitcoin de jour.

You sound like a sore loser

sony has been using their test net for 18 fucking months you fuding biztard

create.smartcontract.com/#/profiles/SonyCorporation

>to send payments

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. If you're going to FUD effectively, you have to have at least a basic understanding of the subject.

no, this dumb shit literally just took some top companies and assumed there's a good chance they're all going to be using link to do everything.

Because reddit whales only care about vertcoin

Shows you how stupid these fucktards are, they have no clue as to what is going on with link lol, but carry on like a fucking headless chickens clucking around how link is so shit... they have no fucking clue

Couldn't chainlink solve the bitcoin/amazon problem? You buy from amazon when bitcoin is worth x. You return item to amazon now bitcoin is worth y. The only reason keeping crypto out of mainstream is... Say it with me... VOLATILITY. Having real-time data to validate these transactions brings this a step closer. My .02

it's up to the person shilling and who has adamant convictions that their coin is severely under-valued and will soon increase in price, to provide these INFORMED estimations. it's not up to me. i'm merely sparking skepticism in the face of overwhelming blind faith/belief. the only answers people have managed to come up with is "ASSUME PAYPAL/BANK OF AMERICA/ BANK OF CHINA/ SONY / HONDA / TOYOTA/ EXXON all use chainlink... then then then yeah DUH it's going to $50 billion"

i mean sure, yeah, that's a possibility. but i wouldn't call it an informed investment advice, particularly from so many who spend all their time shilling this thing and went all-in

>completely ignores rebuttal
>makes fun of hypothetical scenario that the rebuttal assumes doesn't happen anyway
Imagine being this bad at fudding kek

You should get your school fees back and first understand the concept of research before throwing a temper tantrum. If you don't like link, why do you bother to wonder on link threads.

Thanks for this, wasn’t even going to answer him, he clearly knows fucking nothing about crypto outside about what he’s read on biz.

Also at the end of the day supply and demand effects everything too, ethereum could easily serve its use case which is literally just transaction fees on the ethereum nerwork and funding ICOs and it could do that just the same regardless if 1 ether was valued at $1000 or $1.. yet look at its price today.

>You asked "what the fuck makes you think sony will use LINK"

>I referred you to Sony's 18 month test with ChainLink

>You respond with "you guys are stupid"

yeah SIBOS literally gave them an AWARD for innovation, then promptly shoved them off the stage and said "nah, no thanks, maybe next year"

SONY doing some experiments with them is FAR from implying that the net worth of SONY is somehow going to be tied into the economics of the chainlink token in the future, which is what i was asking. idiot

oh yes, your wonderful world-class research that SONY has their name on a test page on the smart-contract website. THAT MUST MEAN SONY WILL USE CHAINLINK TO TRANSACT ALL THEIR DATA. stfu idiot

actually, my hypothetical scenario didn't include sony.

I genuinely hope you don't buy chainlink. You don't deserve what is coming. Keep flipping "ODN" and "FEATHERCOIN" or whatever it is you retards shill each other.

Zap literally has an Alpha live

This.

Tokens are just a way for startups to collect $

I bought and sold link for a profit and will rebuy at 13 sats but its not lamboland just a 2-10x from 1-3 years.

yes SONY has their name on a smartcontract website... WORLD CLASS RESEARCH everyone! totally justifies these idiots clamoring for eveyrone to go ALL IN on link. they found SONY on a website!!

>shooky . wonderboy, [31.10.17 21:25]
>let's say just those 5 firms alone use LINK
>no swift
>no fedex
>no sony
>no paypal
>nothing
>just those 5 firms
This is what the answer actually said you cock gobbling imbecile

Do you not understand what 4 year stealth development brings to the table?

Zap was launched 2 fucking months ago with NO prior development.

ChainLink ran tests with huge corporations over the last 3 years (yes including swift, sony, axa, fidelity, etc).

They could have launched their "alpha" years ago. They could have launched their "main net" years ago too. But no. They are patiently testing and reassuring big business that their solution works and will save them billions.

Good luck getting SWIFT to even fucking acknowledge whatever the hell you are shilling me right now.

God damn biztards man, I tell ya.

>imagine trying this hard to fud and getting BTFO this badly and proceeding to embaress yourself like this

You actually look like a child throwing a tantrum for not getting his own way, grow the fuck up faggot

your hypothetical scenario didn't include anything then. just "no sony" "no swift" Etc

but i'm sure my critique of your sony deduction applies to whatever logical reach you were making about a different company

>will rebuy at 13 sats

> listened to hodlers and stopped checking the prices
> returned in a week
> LINK gone from 24c to 18c
Well, the conference gonna change this, right?

>Do you not understand

No, they don't. Playground tier FUD, today.

There is another paper, I am trying to find the names ChainLink, as well. I'll see if I can find it.

pastebin.com/6xcsc2jR

double posted. wanted to post this
pastebin.com/6xcsc2jR

The companies name is Smart Contract ......

not ChainLink....

yes, we understand, chainlink is first-mover. that counts for something. sergey is also likely very well rehearsed and attracted some attention from big players. this is all known and priced in.

yet the lukewarm reception that SWIFT gave them (and to blockchain in general) does NOT bode well for the future of link, and certainly does not come close to validating your rosy predictions of the best-case outcome of multiple powerful institutions using link to do all of their transactions. hence, your economic argument in favor of the price of link token rising dramatically? it's just not there.

Totally agree. This insane shilling from linkets has got to stop. It's just like a cult.

you agree it's all priced in on a token 1 month old?

really?

Ethereum was $1 for an entire fucking year after launching with a working separate chain of their own.

Stay poor fuck tards. Seriously.

I too want to lower the price so I can accumulate while there is still time to do so.

>your economic argument in favor of the price of link token rising dramatically

I said nothing of the kind. No predictions. The facts are there. You didn't read anything i posted.

>lukewarm reception
source

Define "economic argument"

Sweet. Don't buy any. See you in a couple of years. Best of luck.

yes. absolutely yes. it's been shilled everywhere.

ETH price skyrocketed when the EEA was formed. before that, people did not know major companies like microsoft and jp morgan were experimenting with it. that was new news. what you're giving here is most definitely not.

shilled everywhere?

where the fuck do you see this being shilled aside from Veeky Forums? lmfao

sergey has yet to tweet from personal account or smart contract account in over 50 days now.

but yeah... it's priced in.

economic argument meaning explaining with informed projections and economic reasons why the link token should appreciate in value by the extent expected here.

there was definitely a lukewarm reception or else the price would not have plummeted. you think SWIFT higher-ups could have been impressed and the market would not have taken notice? the market is dumb sometimes, but not that dumb. it has eyes/ears on the ground and was paying attention. SWIFT just did not suck sergey's cock like everyone here expected them to. deal with it.

What is your nebulous and autistic post trying to indicate?

Have an arguement? A comment, a suggestion. Come on you incel white nigger

it was shilled. chainlink and sibos was in the fucking news. even before the ICO started, this kind of stuff was placed front and center.

why do you think it would have been different if sergey tweeted it? wtf? the truth of the matter is, it's not that big a deal, especially when nothing major panned out. this is the real world. i guess when you're in your parents' basement, the thought of going to SIBOS is so impressive and daunting, but when you leave empty handed, it does not justify a $1 billion valuation.

Staking for oracles is a big no no

Yep, all of big finance is fuding the hell out of crypto e as hard as they can while they frantically develop their own solutions. SIBOS was lukewarm to crypto not necessarily DLT. In fact, DLT was a huge centerpiece at SIBOS.

Even if SWIFT doesn't climb in bed with Smartcontract.com it doesn't mean insurance providers, real estate, healthcare, logistics, etc won't. The use cases are just too numerous for the system to not see fairly large scale implementation in at least some major enterpise sectors.

You are by far, the dumbest wanna be "intelligent FUDer" I have come across in my 4 years on this board.

Seriously, you are a moron. Stay poor.

Peace out
-user

if major entities like SWIFT develop their own in-house solutions, then you can bet your ass that smaller companies like insurance providers will either do the same, or piggyback off the enterprise solutions developed by other major companies.

chainlink? shoved out in the cold after its tech got stolen/repurposed.

btw, the same thing may happen to ethereum too! and it probably will.

i can tell you have no intelligent response and are very, very mad.

i have nothing against link, i never owned any. i just love to get under the skin of dumbfuck retards shilling their "prized undervalued coin that only *I* can see with *my* genius". glad to have succeeded :)

fuck off resizing the original, reddit

>everyone will invent their own ChainLink instead of just using ChainLink

God, you're terrible at this.

You keep regurgitating the same FUD.

This has real world applications, even if major firm adopted smartcontract as a exploratory partnership, FUD will say it is priced in or "it is not even a formal partnership LoL"

Real investors, invest in the fundamentals of a business, most importantly if it creates value for the consumer and investor. Even you admit it has real world application.

>2-10x from 1-3 years
it went 5x in one week

>18 replies from this ID

this is some advanced fudding

ive never seen so much hate for a coin before

Found the other paper I mentioned:
www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_GAC15_Technological_Tipping_Points_report_2015.pdf#page=24

fact: SWIFT was unimpressed or else the price would not have plummeted

so, either SWIFT does not care to implement blockchain solutions, or if they do, they'll do it on their own terms (hyperledger) and without chainlink.

So did bancor

Lotta dumb niggas with bnt bags here

you totally missed my point then.

having real-world application =/= token rising in value

that was literally my point in citing monaco, which was the first to get visa approval yet its token rightfully declined in value because the economics behind it was bad

Bancor didn’t even manage a 2x before it death spiralled lmao.. think it peaked at 1.2x, bnt ICO was 100 per eth

The fact link stayed 2x above ico after being born into this alt destroying month is definitely something positive and worth noting

Dude...you are a fucking moron. Smartcontract.com received $100k US on the day of their presentation at SIBOS. Yeah, they definitely aren't interested. Also, chainlink works on BTC, ETH, and Hyperledger....right fucking now. They still need the bajillions of fucking oracles that a NETWORK like Chainlink can provide. Why would thousands of business buy coders to build custom oracles for each and every data feed that a customer "might" need? Do you have any clue how much that would cost? They wouldn't spend that capital when they can spend a fraction to run smartcontract's that can feed off APIs already in existence that will be accessible through Chainlinks node network consisting of 10s of thousands of data points? It's a simple matter of economics and the full realization of what a DECENTRALIZED oracle system provides over custom-built oracles for millions of data points.

"SWIFT" isn't buying ChainLink. The price of the token in the month after the presentation has absolute jack shit to do with... anything. Anything except market sentiment.

And ChainLink works on Hyperledger. It's not an alternative to Hyperledger, it's an addition to it. AND Bitcoin. AND Ethereum. Part of me thinks you're a secret shill trying to get everyone to tear down your retarded arguments.

Honestly, man, these FUD threads are the best way for me to feel better about being 95% in LINK.

It's a nice opportunity to run through all the reasons why this project is so fucking exciting.

they received that money (a trivial sum) as a matter of course for winning the competition

this was not news. their (unpublished) sentiment was decidedly lukewarm, or else the market (which has ears on the ground) would not have turned on them so drastically.

You've literally run out of shit to say. Try to do some more research into LINK before you try FUDding again. There are way more convincing and informed FUDders out there, and they're a lot more fun to engage with.

Guys. Fact is this coin will see sub 2k sats soon. Get out and get back in after the fork. Don't get emotionally attached to your coins ffs.

yes i understand chainlink can be used with different blockchains. im just citing hyperledger as an example of these institutions going out of their way to develop their (more centralized) solutions IN HOUSE. they are likely going to come up with something in-house to use instead of chainlink too.

i never said SWIFT was directly responsible for no one wanting to buy link anymore. what i meant is that the market is smart and certainly if the SWIFT higher-ups were impressed by link, this news or sentiment at the very least would have leaked and the price would have continued to climb. instead, it dropped like a shit brick, so it's reasonable to assume SWIFT was not impressed.

yes, i'm no fun, because i coldly tell the truth and devastate you retards. you keep replying to me, however, because you're heavily triggered by having no response. cognitive dissonance of investing so much in a shitcoin has you guys keep coming back. i love it though, love shutting down retards. it's fun.

Let me guess your dad is a janitor at SIBOS and heard some inside info from two banking chads taking a piss at the urinal. Well I hope he gave them a nice shoe shine for the inside tip. Stay poor.

It's okay, a full 49% of the population is below average intelligence.

Every single "point" you have made in this thread has been completely shut down. If you walk away form this thinking "Hah, sure showed those guys" then you will never get any better and you will always fail like you did here.

let me guess, you think the crypto market is deaf, blind, and dumb so that they have no clue the prevailing sentiment of dozens of important people at a multi-day public networking event.

i'm sure SWIFT felt chainlink was very promising indeed, therefore silence from the media, silence from SWIFT, silence from chainlink, and most importantly, the market reacted in precisely the opposite way that you assume it would upon good news.

this guy keeps coming back even though every single one of my points was definitively shut down. hmm

If the fundamentals of smartcontract are sound and it has a working product that creates value for the user, is unique and does it better than its competitors and/or at a lower cost. Tell me, what happens to the value of the company?

jesus, are you dumb or something? i just directly addressed that: it depends on the token economics. the chainlink token =/= the value of the company. that's like asking: well if exxon is really really good at what it does, doesn't it mean the price of gas will always rise? no, it doesn't.

650m in reserve, to be given to new customers and paid out to node operators
So node operators will be getting 1/312th of a transaction fee that came from a token that wasn't previously in circulation
and dumb fuck newcoiners think this shit is going to be worth more than $1... Get real.

So node operators will be incentivised to build the network, because it needs a large and robust network to be valuable...

And that's a bad thing for token holders?

Exxon is a terrible comparison to a tech company.

What are the drivers of token economics?

>token economics problem
>when ethereum is 300 usd