FAT TUESDAY THREAD

Are you giving up anything for Lent, Veeky Forums?

I give up meat, fish, dairy, olive oil, like any Orthodox christian.

Any fasting tips? Nice doubles by the way.

When is Lent?

Don't eat.

christian
dogs

I pretty much give up the same shit as orthodox, but i'm catholic. no meat or animal products and one meal per day

It starts tomorrow and ends on Easter.

Yes but there's a bit more to it than that because if you just stop eating you will die. What I meant was could you elaborate on your fasting experience. How long do you go between meals? Or do you know any techniques for keeping a fast? For instance I've heard that drinking plenty of water is a good way to cope with hunger pangs.

>Amerifats start suffering from withdrawal if they go more then 6 hours without a burger

I'm giving up sex for Lent.

Replace burger with sugar and you are correct.

What does your wife think about that?

Sorry I don't have any tips, except drinking as much tea as ordinary.

I don't have a wife, I'm just a chad.

Which kind of tea do you prefer?

Shame on you Chad, sex is for marriage.

>Which kind of tea do you prefer?
Anything will do, I can drink ordinary tea bags, or Earl Grey Twinnings. I'm very far from being a tea expert anyway.

It really is amazing how deep the tea rabbit hole goes. I went to a tea room in Chinatown one time and the old guy who ran it could literally talk about tea for hours and he gave us all different kinds to try. It was awesome so thanks for reminding me of that.

what the fuck is a lent?

It's a season commemorating the 40 days Jesus spent fasting in the wilderness before beginning His ministry.

Goodnight Veeky Forums see you on Easter!

lent means you can only eat fishsticks right? not too bad with ketchup really

is it a catholoc thing?

>fishsticks with ketchup
why

not him. fasting is intended to be a reflective and humbling time, also a good time to get closer to god. it always feels fulfilling to finish the season successfully. i do one meal per day, usually after I get home from uni/work. the best technique is to simply be dedicated to it. getting enough sleep helps. including carbs or grains in your meal can keep you satisfied adequately. i never really had a problem with hunger pangs

Me too hehe