What do you think of him Veeky Forums?

What do you think of him Veeky Forums?

Who is this?
Is he some kind of a meme here?

Pretty much... You fucking spook.

at worst a useful tool for examining ideas and systems. I suspect I'm the only one here who has actually read his work however

>DUDE SPOOKS LMAO

best philosopher

He btfo both Left and Right, with the former the only one that may recover

>I suspect I'm the only one here who has actually read his work however
And clearly misunderstood it...

I like him but his philosophy is outdated as automation comes round
Also no clue why the left uses him as there idol
See

what you fuck did you just say to me you little bitch, I'll have you know I've read BOTH translations and am the foremost Stirner expert in my country

>translations
>foremost
>Stirner
>expert
>country
You're spooked to Hell and back, mate.

>Also no clue why the left uses him as there idol
Because their entire ideology rests on rejecting the idea objective reality because then the possibility exists of them being wrong.

I know right, that guy keeps spamming stirner threads claiming he's the only one that read it despite getting everything wrong because he never actually read it and just accuses people who have read it of not reading it.

>Striner doing that
Wew lad

He offers another angle of critique to stuffs that leftists were critiquing, it is just that those critiques can apply to them if they aren't careful too

Stirner's critiques necessarily apply to leftist constructions of society.

>I like him but his philosophy is outdated as automation comes round
How does that make his views outdated?

They were outdated the second they were spawned by his autismo brain.

How is he wrong then?

>not anticipating the machine communist uprising

Looks like Franz Schubert

I have never read him.

But I have a pretty negative opinion of his fanboys.

Based. Homeros, Stirner, Nietzsche, Novatore D H Lawrence and Bukowski are the persons who have inspired me the most.

>joining the singularity without ever fully realizing the individual will
>sadreactionface.gif

Our first AI will be modeled after the human neural patterns so I wouldn't be too worried. They won't be that dissimilar to us

>us
Have you even read Stirner?

Only bits and pieces

I am ego, and you are ego: but I am not this thought-of ego; this ego in which we are all equal is only my thought. I am man, and you are man: but “man” is only a thought, a generality; neither I nor you are speakable, we are unutterable, because only thoughts are speakable and consist in speaking.

I meant more the structural patterns of the human brain, which would allow it to create its own ego from its experiences as an individual, not modeled off any given person.

Honestly he was kind of the first postmodernist in a way. He's like a grand narrative annihilator.

But why do I care? I'm talking about me. I might feel compassion for another ego, AI or not, but that AI is not me.

He didn't read Hobbes. Hobbes btfo:d Stirner before Stirner even existed.

the AI is willing to fuck you

The first /b/tard. Not like nu/pol/.

Fuck

might as well stop reading when he starts describing the union of egoists and how it would work because it will literally never happen

but everything else in the book is excellent

nothing
/thread

I thought Hobbes and Stirner had similar ideas?
>Hobbes: Might makes right, if someone has something, the other lacks, so the one lacking will try to take it if he needs it
>Stirner: THe right to property is the one who knows how to take it and doesn't let himself be deprived of it

Stirner looks inward, he is concerned with his own, doesn't really tell you how to structure society except for some thoughts on what you just said and how it would make sense for egoists to form temporary unions to achieve their common goals.

Hobbes WANTS people to subscribe to the social contract and submit to the Leviathan, even though he knows it is make-believe and that obeying it may occasionally run against your selfish interests.

Stirner wants ideas to serve him, Hobbes wants us to serve an idea (the higher power, state, sovereign, order, law, whatever).

Oh yeah didn't think about it that way, completely forgot about Hobbes's sovereign policy, although I'd say Hobbes goes too far, doesn't he believe that it's better to give up all of your freedoms to a sovereign rather than be in a state of nature? I feel like Locke was more logical in that you ought to overthrow the sovereign if he's being a dick and starts breaking the social contract..

So Hobbes is a cuck?

I have only ever learned about Stirner through memes and this I am comfortable with.