Why were women taken by rival tribes typically?

Why were women taken by rival tribes typically?

What are these zero efford threads? Are you a retard?

mongols have been raped for 500 years at this retard look to post her inferiority conplex but we all know that you are inferior so accept your fate slave

are you gay?

The tribe's own girls knew what losers the guys were.

to nag the chief's rivals

Is the unwillingness for Western women to embrace nationalism and prefer refugees merely a biological function of ancient times?

you like what you see, you take it
pretty normal behaviour

also eases tension at home, why pry after your friends wife when you can bring home a cute one

no pussy like new pussy

Because muh dik, you kill the enemy you take their vaginas as pleasure toys as a prize.

For consensual sex in the missionary position for purposes of procreation.

>take rival khans wife
>fuck her non stop for over a month
>after your done with her let the men of your horde fuck her non-stop until the rival clan steals her back
>now you can add "lmao we raped your 3rd wife bro" to your banter

is there any actual evidence of this? or is it just "you are afraid of approaching women, because the alpha of the tribe would kill you" bro tier science.

from what i know, defeated tribes were left alive ( that includes women) so that they can extort them for tribute.

Because you can make children with her. Assuming your childmaking capacity is limited by your number of women rather than the ressources you have, that's a nice advantage.

Absolutely did happen in many different cultures. Of course, so did male slavery, stealing of children etc. It all makes sense in some circumstances and not so in others.

Pretty insensitive to make the tribal barbarian Finnish

kek

To fuck? What a dumbass question

To have more women, and hence children. Also for pleasure. But this question is retarded; this practice happened a lot sometimes, and never at other times. Not all "tribes" are the same, jfc.

>To have more women, and hence children

Children born into dysfunctional families grow up defective though. If the father is absent because he's too busy fucking other women and not being constantly present and attentive in his children's life, hugging them, playing with them, comforting them and cheering them up, being a father in short, the child grows up mentally ill, depressed, self-defeating, and becomes suicidal and unable to accomplish anything in life. No wonder it fell out of practice.

>stealing of children
How much of a cuck do you have to be

So many generalizations in one post holy shit.

I had ordinary parenting and I still grew up mentally ill, depressed, self-defeating, and becomes suicidal and unable to accomplish anything in life
I think your theory is holey

Not all cultures have a nuclear family. I for example, come from one where fathers were often not even allowed access to their offspring - we're matrilineal. The kids are raised by the mother and her brothers and cousins.

Lets take the Mongols for example. The men DID take an active part in raising the kids of their primary wife. The kids of concubines were raised by the concubine and whatever servants she could afford. But they lived in a tight-knit community where the whole tribe raises the kid, so as long as you're a kid of a wealthy concubine, you'll do just fine. Usually men with many mates have lots of resources - enough to support all the kids without doing much in person.

This guy gets it

About this much, moron.

>the wife you stole belonged to this guy named “Temujin”
U fucked m8

What shithole are you from?

> women have power it must be a backwards shithole
You don't even bother to learn, just want to shitpost huh? Rude.

no.

Considering the very same tribal societies these days (let's take Central Asia as an example) have:
-typical "man-up" responses to mental health problems
-domestic violence and violence in general
-blood feuds and other petty vendettas between clans
-terrible corruption, with no real democracy

I'd say these societies are not the way to go about civilization. There's a reason the agrarian Russians subjugated and colonized them, and the only reason they got away scot-free was because the USSR was in severe decline when they got their independence.

Where are you from

North Korea?

I'm just asking what shithole you are from man.

Dude have you seen Latinas?

I don't disagree that these types of societies have tons of issues. I'm just disagreeing that the reason is because of a "lack of parental figure" or something as specific as that. Plenty of very stable societies are clan-based rather than nuclear-family based.

I think the issues with "tribal" (as you label them) societies which practice polygamy and wife stealing and such, are probably a combination of lack of resources, and a generally shitty culture which doesn't value peace and development.

This is Veeky Forums, not /int/. There's no proximate point to you asking besides a desire to find some fault in it and argue, despite the almost certainty that you know nothing about it.

Maybe if you were raised by a man you wouldn't be such a sissy.

What kind of retard would ask something like this?

Stealing children to die in your wars is pretty reasonable. (Though I think the turks never really lacked for soldiers, it's just that turkish soldiers came with unwelcome loyalties attached).
Stealing chilren to adopt them like some indian tribes did is something you do when you're really, really low on population and try to bolster your numbers a bit to do better in war. Probably a really rare occurence.

Thanks for proving my point.

Also learn to read. I only said matrilineal, not matriarchial or something. Men are still raised by men, and have traditional roles and duties as men. Women are just the heads of households. We only had male kings btw - but they ceremonially co-rule with their sister and the inheritance passed to their sister's kids. Anyways, goodnight, user who thinks "sister" is an insult.

Okay Mbeke, hope the food aid came in time.

> Africa
Lol nope, nowhere close. We have a pretty comfy life, high HDI, and a significantly higher literacy rate than the USA. Got plenty of internationally-recognized culture and a nice history without much colonialism. Keep making a fool of yourself, thinking anyplace you don't know of must be a "shithole".

Because death in childbirth was endemic and there often were far more men than women in any given political unit.

Because back then sex was considered a basic need and strong men liked sex.

I dunno, why muricans are so protective of their nuclear family meme. The real family should include at least ten relatives.

> muh individualism

Yeah the jannisaries and devshirme in general was introduced because the ottomans were afraid of turkish nobles getting too much power in the government.

Go in South America or the Middle East and you can see what it's like being in an extended family.

>Higher literary rate than the US
Not very hard to compare yourself to los Estados Unidos de 52%.
Still, you haven't told me where you live.

Worth it.

God wills it
Women love rape, they have rape fantasies all the time.

I assumed the USA had 86%.

The general outcome is that.
A father that is physically present but doesn't engage and just shoos off his kids all the time is the same as an absent father in practice. Your parenting was only ordinary in the sense that shitty fathers are the norm.

Jordan Peterson literally said this.

>tfw user didn't tell us where he's from

Breeding purposes.

female royal family members were sometimes taken by another royal family in order to secure an alliance through holding them hostage
with certain peoples, they would take them to be their nth wife because conquest and polygamy lmao

MODS