I've inherited $40,000 of mortgage debt of my father who commited suicide

I've inherited $40,000 of mortgage debt of my father who commited suicide.
What the fuck do I do.
I either sell the house and become homeless or I some how get $40k and pay for things to keep me alive.
I'm a NEET with no further education than high school with assburgers.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/xgx32tc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This may sound insensitive, but you could always follow his lead

i wish i could have a house for 40k what a steal

Well if you SELL the house, you get money. Money can be used to buy goods and services...including apartment rent. So do that and you won't be homeless.

Your dad commuted suicide? Jesus fucking Christ man.

He's already payed around 60% of it.
Even if I did sell the house I would get such little return to even go anywhere.

Get a fucking job.

How much would you get from selling? You could throw on a backpack and neet from some decent shithole across the globe while browsing biz for schemes.

All the best. Hope your dad is at peace assuming he was good to you.

mine did too

it's not uncommon

dont sell the house
get a fucking job and pay it off
p.s sorry about your dad

This was a week ago and the paralysising grief has passed. Even though he was an alcoholic who beat me I still loved him and he gave me his all to make sure I didn't starve or freeze.
I'm JUST fucked.

i guess that's just how it is on this bitch of an earth

Remortgage the house you ignorant twit.

This. You have a house that's 60% paid off not sure what you're complaining about. The monthly payment should be about 200 dollars; you can easily cover that working 40 hours a month

You could at least rent out rooms in your house, storage in your shed, parking in your yard, etc.

Get a job and also rent a room out to make the mortgage and other expenses.

Post online and find a decent room mate. Make him pay for the mortgage.

You get in the group and ride tot he moon.
discord.gg/xgx32tc

No one is going to re-finance a NEET.

sell the house for $80k if you have to in order to avoid getting foreclosed on, pay off the debt, you'll have $40k, find a cheap room to rent with someone for a year, get a job, come home and invest various crypto, be a millionaire if you hold..

Or, be a self loathing fool and make matters worse for yourself because you don't want to do one hard thing in your life.

Solid advice.
Thank you, wise Veeky Forumswiz

Refinance and have comfy payments until paid off. My heart goes out to you brah, my dad killed him self as well

sort of this, but I'll do you one better. Don't spend it on rent. If you don't already have a car, buy a cheap car that is in good condition and a camper. Go as big or as small as you want. Fuck buy an RV if you want. Point is you will have your living accommodation paid for in full. Then do as says and go travelling while occasionally logging back in here for more Veeky Forums schemes. You'll be ok lad. Also sorry to hear about your Dad.

no you didnt, thats not how debt works

i think it does, though. if it was some credit card bill then it probably wouldn't matter, but the house is an unpaid asset, the bank may foreclose it and hand him the dosh his dad already paid.

Buy link

People recommending buying vans and living out of cars have never done it. I have an rc and use it for holidays. It's pretty cool and everything, way better than a tent but it's a big pain in the ass.

If you consider doing it rent one first and try to live there for a week or two, you will see what I'm talking about.
Just pay off the house, you basically inherited nearly 2/3 if a house so don't complain.

rent a room.

airbnb it and live in a tent in the yard.

40000 isnt that much, get a job for a few years then you can go back to being a neet again.

ODN. cheap af right now. People are scared, buy. Holding 50k

Sell the house and find a rental till you can afford your own?
How can you not have realized that yet

the house doesn't magically get paid off just cause his dad killed himself.

Instead of saying he inherited debt he should have said he inherited a house with $40,000 left on it before it's paid off.

just get some roommate(s) and make them pay it off themselves in rent.

contact the bank immendiatly and reach a settlement

dude the property tax and interest rates are gonna rape your butthole next year

You, I like you.

>sell the house and become homeless
there are other places to live in than that particular house, you know

Rent out the house and be homeless for a little bit.