Basically made the modern day germany

el goblino..

why does he wear the spiked helmet

he was kind of a dick

t. Frenchman

maybe his feet hurt?

He hated krauts who disagreed with him but hated other countries even more

the realest nigga in the game

>Governments should act according to how things are, not how they should be.
Wow, such insight. Truly a genius of statecraft.

thats machiavelli, not bismarck

he foxed the danes, the austrians, and those damnable nuisances, the french.

always remember that he got the french to declare war and invade them with a light omission in a single document

>Implying Bismarck wasn’t Machiavellian

For you.

He set up a system that was designed in such a way that it was doomed to fail without him at the helm.

T H I S

This.

He was a good statesman but also a cruel power hungry man who Willy was right to fire.

He once sat on his helmet and had a vision on unified Germany

t. Jean-Pierre Kurwinski

One of the greatest statesmen of all time

Thanks Hardcore History

Here's a brief primer.

youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY

Everytime

Un putain de sausage binge eating kraut walrus.

>When you troll the French so hard they use your name as an insult
Bien joué, bien joué.

explain?

A lot of loyalty for a hired chancellor

>JUST FUCK MY SECOND EMPIRE UP FAMPAI

would it hurt if he took it off?

Wanted to exterminate Poles, and started a war with them. In the end his Prussia got eradicated, while Poland lives on.

How could a selfmade emperor get outplayed like this?

lol

nobody cared who he was until he put on the helmet

he was extremely machiavellian, but i dont see how oversimplifying an ideology discredits it

Disagree. Firing him directly led to increasing geopolitical tension across Europe. None of the successive minister-presidents or Chancellors could compare to him.

this, sadly :(

Bismark was a senile old fuck by the time Willy took power. He was pretty good at creating Germany but was bad at managing it. The Kulturkampf was a complete failure

his successors immdediately scrapping the reinsurance treaty cause bismarck never explained why it was useful not to alienate russia (because they'd ally with france and encircle them). that was just one among many examples of him not institutionalizing his system of alliances
to be manned by well informed successors. He was too full of himself for that

stay mad baguette.

He had always dogs with him: "Reichshunde" named "Sultan" which evoked diplomatic disagreements with the Ottoman Empire and "Tyras" who attacked the trousers of the Russian chancellor at a congress.

He always turned around Reichsmark-coins with the portrait of the emperor Wilhelm II. Bismark said:"The emperor wants his birthday every day." ... God knows everything, the emperor knows everything better!

Once, a criminal complaint was presented to him for insult, which he should sign. A drunkard said,"Bismarck can kiss my ass!" Instead of signing, Bismarck wrote across the paper:"He me too!"

After using Bismark's bedpan politican Heinrich von Sybel said: "I mean, it's really all big on the man, even the shit!"

Christoph von Tiedemann, who has been working as secretary for Bismarck for five years, reports:"We still eat here that the walls are crashing. At nine we get up and have breakfast at ten o' clock: roast beef or beef steak with potatoes, cold roast venison, cabbage birds, fried pudding, etc." Many other anecdotes testify to the incredible amounts of food Bismarck consumed.

"Strange how caviar saturates" the Reichskanzler said in astonishment. His doctor replied:"If you always eat a pound of caviar, don't be surprised."

During a dinner with Wilhelm II, Bismarck is struck by the unusual taste of the sparkling wine. The emperor declared that this is German sparkling wine, he drinks it out of frugality - and from patriotism. Bismarck replied:"Your Majesty, my patriotism stops shortly before the stomach."

North Dakota named their capitol after him

First Nappy the third only take power because of all the french wanted Napoleon to the point he only have to say iam from his family to be in power

Second by 1870 he was sick and barely alive

Third he wasn"t outplayed in fact but more strangled he saw the schem of bismarck and didn't want the war and when the war became inevitable he wanted to reform his army but by 1870 he was more of a weak president than a true emeperor because of the republicanist

Fourth in one hand you have Bismarck and in other hand you have inside you very country the left who destroy everything your try to stop or escape this loss

Keep in mind 1870 is the birth of Germany but also the third republic , Bismarck do everything he can to help the republicanist

"When the world ends, I move to Mecklenburg, because 50 years later everything happens there too."

In a discussion 1871 in Versailles about how the emperor should be named in the future (Emperor of Germany, German Emperor or German Emperor) Bismarck was also asked for his opinion. He asked back: "Does one of the gentlemen knows what `Wurst´ (sausage) means in Latin? "Farcimentum" , someone replied. "Well," said Bismarck, "then I would say with the ancient Latin: Nescio quid mihi magis farcimentum esset!"

"The less people know how sausages and laws are made, the better they sleep."

He foolishly thought Alsace and Lorraine were German.

Really triggers my neurons
Metz should have stayed with the French as a compromise though

Now they all speak French or arab anyway.

you know from the thumbnail it looks like a woman bending sexually

no wonder why France and Germany are fighting over it

Best statesman of the 19th century whose only major fuck up was taking French clay.

Too bad he got cucked hard by the Kaiser.

yes, the french have be thorough in their evil