/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

investing.com/news/economic-indicators/us-business-inventories-post-largest-gain-in-nine-months-541237
discord.gg/tUZVSCv
share.robinhood.com/johannw
share.robinhood.com/oyveyanothergoy
web.tmxmoney.com/charting.php?qm_symbol=HIVE
investing.com/analysis/pmis-on-the-rise-point-to-higher-highs-200217297
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This week's earnings. Still some plays left.

investing.com/news/economic-indicators/us-business-inventories-post-largest-gain-in-nine-months-541237

I didn't give much attention to the strong ISM reports that would've indicated the upcoming roaring earnings we're now seeing (Article from October the 13th). Won't be a mistake I make again. Will helpful for you guys to pay attention too as well, for your future earnings plays, if you don't already pay attention to this macro sorta stuff.

Today should be comfy as fuck. Futures are nice and green and everything is up.

>"I don't own any Alibaba stock. I'd rather put my money towards mineless mining companies, penny energy/biotech stocks, and an overvalued CPU manufacturer."

Yeah, the markets have a tendency to drop on the opens though, particularly at these levels, but tend to bounce back. Offers a small dip buying opportunity. If Apple has a surprise bad result tomorrow, I think that could trigger a mini-correction.

im gonna hide out in here while my coins go to shit if you guys dont mind :(

are facebook earnings report today? just watching bloomberg tv atm

Yeah in afterhours. Kinda risky to buy in today though

>overvalued CPU manufacturer
But MU has made me tons of money...

kys david

All in on OSTK and it looks like it's gonna pop today. Feels good.

wait when does trump announce the next fed chairman?

is yellens replacement going to be greenspan 2.0 electric boogaloo?

crypto PnD discord.gg/tUZVSCv

Not sure of the exact time, but it'll be before the 3rd of November, most likely Jerome Powell. Both of his two main choices would've pretty much carried on with business as usual, it seems. The other option, John Taylor, was likely to be slightly more Hawkish.

Looks like GUSH did that thing where it closes high then opens way higher than where it closed.

Facebook and Tesla both have earnings to report. I'm not touching either with a ten foot poll, but I might go in for a pattern trade tomorrow on the momentum.

Fuck off David

Fuck off you've literally got like 50 other threads you can spam this shit it, why bring it here?

J U S T
U
S
T

Anybody here listen to the True Capitalist Radio comeback show last night?

no, what happened?

Realistically, how much capital do you need to put in stocks to make a small comfy profit? (Maybe a few hundred a month) With swing trading, I refuse to day trade.

Ghost got drunk and was trolled while ranting about politics and investments for 3 hours.

I fear not the whiteboi that has practiced a thousand kiks but the nigga whomst field tested one wayling haymaker

Depends on how you want to live. My total investments are about 900,000 but I play it safe and make about 75k per year off it. I could make more but I want to be comfy if the market corrects too so a lot of that is pretty diversified

Hey if you're gonna join robinhood use my invite link.
I've invited 4 different people and we get 1 free stock each. Proof.
>share.robinhood.com/johannw

Fuck off David.

never heard of the show, but listening to a compilation of Veeky Forums calling in to troll ghost

kys david 2

My name is Hans it says right there.
Blow me.

Don’t click this you’ll get /marked/

anybody else in BGFV this morning? so happy i didn't listen to all the bashers itt

No, Johann and David are Jews. Use my referral link instead. :^)

share.robinhood.com/oyveyanothergoy

It doesn't really make sense for it to be increasing in price though does it?

I use around 15,000 in investing and I made around 2000~ last month.

Anyone holding this madman?

web.tmxmoney.com/charting.php?qm_symbol=HIVE

what time to skip to hear call ins.

You would have had to buy in like, yesterday to make any money, and shit is already headed back down. take your 7% and get out now

yes. its so undervalued right now it's un-real

i suggest you look up accumulation/distribution phases in stocks.

Should've bought the AMD dip.
Later anons.

Good God look at this fucking meme called GUSH. It's taking off faster than a dress in Harvey Weinstein's casting room.

/marked/

I dont get the meme.
Explain.

>Bro just buy blue chips
>Stocks arent volatile

Bummer

what is this shit stock?

You’ll find out, Johann

>LODE
what a crock of shit

No LODE for me but I’m on the SPI meme

Bummer

>city of LODE

Reminder for everyone who wants to buy into yet another tech stock that drops despite a good earnings report that GoPro is doing their earnings after hours today.

not sure, just listening to compilations

Better hope it doesn't break $11, otherwise its gonna continue its downward haul.

Honestly im done with this shit meme. im going to slow upward moving stocks from now on, i thought this stock was gonna be something but now im down real money because of it. ive seen some stocks get suggested and seen posts of people thanking others for the tip but LODE is the first and last mistake i will ever make, listening to shillers on this site. what sick enjoyment do people get in losing other people real money?

I picked up some PAYC this morning on the dip, will pick up some more if it drops down to $72. The 1yr and 3yr chart on it is beautiful and they just beat earnings estimates.

It's a tough lesson to learn, but c'mon, LODE was obviously a pile of shit. It'd be like if you actually held onto DRYS for more than a day.

When do I just sell this shit?

At the end of the day it was my fault for listening but damn. i thought the Robinhood thread was for bros, man :(

BROS THEY INTRODUCED ROBINHOOD FOR THE WEB

90% of people recommending stuff are complete retards

Damn, MTW is taking off like a rocket today, feels good to get some returns off of it after holding it for almost a month.

isn't that only a place to sign up?

Should have held that Papa john short.

so how low do you think SHOP is going to go?
Its down 4% now

XTNT for comfy gains

It broke below $90 as recently as October 10

>implying numbers going up and down on a screen is real moneymoney
You lose 100% of the money you put into the stock market. Every little bit you get back is a gambling earning, even if you get back less than what you put in.

If it breaks $95.50 it's going to fall to $95 easily, then probably catch support around $95.55

what the fuck is happening ?!

I didn't see a single person give a reason for buying LODE. It's like one guy said buy it for no reason and everyone picked up on it. It was pretty dumb move on your part.

sorry $94.55

AMD is forming a bottom, expect it to stay in the $10.75-$11.25 range for a few days at least.

It'll recover, Its just a popular stock among newfags who panic. give it time

or you could sell and make a few other trades, come back in a month and probably buy at a better price

not sure why so many people bag hold here instead of flowing with the market

millennial bagholder panic weakest of the weak hands

You mean I can trade on my pc now?

Alot of people don't like the stress involved with day trading. but yeah the opportunity cost if you hold onto AMD is massive.

Its going to be introduced early in 2018 they said

>tfw short amd at 11.09
>tfw can walk away from the computer and come back later knowing no matter what amd will close red

>Alot of people don't like the stress involved with day trading
but they are ok with holding a stock that is dragging their portfolio down into the negatives? thats just as stressfull if not more

like i said, i don't get why so many people here bag hold. don't get married to a stock, its upper management really doesn't give a shit about its share holders

ENRJ seems to be forming a bottom, its been trading relatively flat recently.

Short TEVA today ahead of earnings tomorrow? Is it right to bet against the Jews?

>wake up wrapped in comfy blankets
>snow falling outside window
>open phone; up another $100 on BOTZ gains >go downstairs, grab coffee
>turn on spaceheater and computer
>watch /rgt/ stress out and loss all their money on degenerate penny stocks

feelsgoodman

>Hitler dubs for a post mentioning Jews
LOL, Given the court ruling in favor of TEVA I wouldn't short them, they are bound to go up for a bit I would think.

Posted wrong article, was meant to be this: investing.com/analysis/pmis-on-the-rise-point-to-higher-highs-200217297

both detail very helpful leading indicators for earnings though

>DDD

meme hurr durr 3D printing is the future

I was literally telling everyone on Friday to dump LODE before earnings, and everyone was just sitting there calling me a pussy.

comfy af

i love the weather right now, just wish it would snow by me more

3D printing will only stop being a meme when they find a way to print organs, other than that it is by no means an effective way to manufacture things on a large scale.

but I can print small plastic toy that I could buy for 1/10 of the price from someone else

What did ((they)) spend to get a favorable ruling in court?

Most likely a smaller number than what they intend to make as a result of the ruling

Got rid of EBAY yesterday for a sixty dorra loss, got in on GSAT at 1.59, waiting to see its direction today. I think LTBR is going to have a make-or-break change in its intraday ranges soon, either piddling around in the .90s or up in the 1.10s

Where’s that CERC shill? How long do I hold onto this? What’s this stock worth?

Not him, but I got rid of it on Monday. Took a comfy 12%

dump that shit m8

It's the digital equivalent of toilet paper. Wipe your ass and pass it onto the next goy.

Should I go all in on Funko tomorrow? Gonna liquidate my shit today so I don't get stuck holding onto it for more than a few hours, since you can't daytrade with funds from stock held overnight.

k, set a stop loss for AMD at $10.40, these bags are getting too heavy for me to keep holding

Just bought back into ENRJ at $.275
How fucked am I boys?

Major XXII catalyst tomorrow, I'm going to sell my shares and buy rope if it drops again

Nice