Ww2

It's June 1941, you're the commander of the German forces in Russia. What strategies and tactics would you preform to capture Russia?

You have to invade , so no " I wouldn't invade Russia" answers.

What would you do differently? how would you capture and successfully defeat the red army?

>What would you do differently? how would you capture and successfully defeat the red army?
Get an accurate map for starters, no wonder they fucked up when they thought Stalingrad was a stones throw from Rostov-on-Don

better asshole?

Bring more railway troops, trains, and rolling stock

Use console commands

Attack Moscow in September

Good man. There's no shame in it.

train jews and put them in penal battalions and use them on the eastern front

6 million jews = 3 millions fighting men

jewess put to factories to produce armaments

Not let Hitler redirect Army Group Center to the south halfway through the opening offensive so i can actually reach Moscow

not only jews but also ukrainians/slavs in conquered territories

That did happen.

they didn't do a good enough job.

>moving the goalposts

When I look at the layout of the City, I wonder why they didn't do a pincer like in my shitty paint pic? It seems ideal to cut off the red army, surround and destroy them. I mean, it's that how the 6th army got surrounded? Why put the worst troops (Italians, Romanians, Hungarians, etc.) on your flanks?

Tell hitler how to build nukes

Because they massively overestimated their strategic capabilities and tried to capture Leningrad, Moscow, and Stalingrad at the same time

No shit. I wouldn't fight for the dude that invaded me either.

they tried

the north pincer is blocked after the soviets threw 5 divisions into the northern flank to block the advance

also they have to the volga river, and then had to build bridges to transport tank across

Probably try to shoot the shit with Guderian or something. It's a lost cause with an infinitesimal chance of succeeding.

wat

Send a couple hundred German concubines as incentive not to bomb the US and set off the Pacific Theatre like they did so they could focus on invading Russia from the East.

Send them to Japan, I meant to say.

that did happen but theres a video on youtube on why germany lost where the lecturer sums it up as "whenever Hitler had to choose ideology or military practicality he chose ideology" which is why he chose to genocide the ukrainians etc, instead of using them

Can someone explain to a brainlet like me why the German navy never shelled Leningrad or vice versa why the Soviet navy never shelled Danzig or something?

Did they just sit on their asses for 4 years?

Mines and coastal gunsa
Also submarines and planed

Mobilise every german man, woman, children, elderly and thrown them all unequipped on the front lines and watch from a distance at the beautiful slaughter. Surely the master race will prevail.
Nice alternative to usual and boring "#100000000 what would you do to different if you were Hitler" thread. Fuck off.

For the balts and ukrainians the soviets were pretty much invaders.

Nothing you do will change the outcome, Hitler will override you.

The thinking man's answer

order 3 million more sacrfs and coats for the winter campain so my soliders don't freeze to death.

>Stalingrad
>Army Group North
>Army Group Center
>Army Group South still existing
What did you mean by this?

>do everything the same until Kiev
>maybe put more emphasis on taking Leningrad
>do not push on Moscow
>dig in before the winter so a Soviet counter attack can hopefully be repulsed without giving up land and risking a collapse of the front.
>also hoping a failed counter offensive will not give the Western Allies hope the Soviets can win
>spend 1942 trying to secure Leningrad if it is not taken already
>try to cut off the road of life etc etc
>Do offensives designed not to take land but just inflict casualties
>use 1943 to attempt to push on Moscow if Leningrad has been captured
If I actually get a say in politics
>try to sure for peace in 1942
>offer annexation of Soviet controlled Poland, the Baltic states, Ukraine, and the Belarusian area
>but do not take any Russian land
>hopefully this will convince the Western Allies to come to talks

I would try to do as much dumb and inane shit as possible to make the Russians win faster

Send paratroopers in every big town. They will easily win as all the troops are on the front. Once this is done, I control the spine of the country, the intelligence, the communications, all the key posts of governance.

This is how the Bolsheviks wanted to do their revolution and it would have worked but Stalin wanted it to be bloody.

I conquer Leningrad, Moscow, and Stalingrad

wait... like.. sending the whole force invading the USSR vs one city? Are you a fucking retard or what dude wtf?

I'd immediately strike north to capture the baltic sea region and then go up to murmansk with the goal of capturing as many ships as possible. I'm gonna send 1 fleet to the North Pole and 1 to the south in hopes of finding the hollow earth. Then I'm going to forcibly conquer the population of the interior world and force them to give me a time machine. I'm going to go back and kill Hitler in 1941 and sue for peace because what sort of fucking moron invades a country that is 10x as big as them with 10x the production capacity that you can't blockade, ensuring your enemy gets a stream of fresh equipment from its allies.

You won't invade the Soviets if you let them breathe. Time is on their side.
Also Rommel wanted to sue for peace with the Allies, that didn't work as expected because of Hitler's autism.
Good one.
Good answer. Unironically.
Then your soldiers will be overrun by T34.

defect immediately to great britain then retire in america. nothing i do will matter when hitlers autism will just override my orders.

Replace Hitler with an actual general to command the eastern front, there you go easy german victory.

This isnt a game faggot, paratroopers arent very effective.