Was Stalingrad really that bad?

Was Stalingrad really that bad?

No, it was awesome.

Probably the only WW2 battle that could compare in shittiness to verdun or paschendale(sp.)

ITS COLDER THAN HELL

In terms of scale or individual experience?

bullshit... stop worshipping your videogame

Were you there? Please tell us about it.

I was, it was great. We even had a waterslide and we made the commissar do down in blindfolded lmao!

Who had to get summarily executed to get that to happen?

Yes

Probably the closest thing we'll ever get to Hell on Earth.

Rattenkrieg was bad like any other urban combat in a ruined city (thanks Richtofen) but the real deal was the encircle 6th army and 2nd panzer army in winter and the dire situation of the 62nd army during the battle

cept Leningrad, Okinawa, Iwo Jima, Moscow, Cassino, etc....

I thought the krauts never got to Moscow proper?

THE SOUND OF THE MORTARS
THE MUSIC OF DEATH

Read "Voices of Stalingrad" and see for yourself.

>those biplanes raids at night

Wikipedia states that it is considered the bloodiest battle in history, with 1.7 to 2 million killed, wounded or captured.

Of course, they cite the Guardian, which is probably citing a Russian source.

i swear i've never met anyone who uses ellipses who wasn't a total brainlet

They made it to the Moscow suburbs, and the fighting there is considered the Battle of Moscow. The shelling could be heard at the Kremlin.

It was the most epic, brutal battle in world history

It was only bad because the good guys lost

Ohh neat

>good guys
>Nazis vs Stalin led Soviets
I guess the Russians were "good guys" in the most technical, stretched sense you can go.

Wait didn't the Soviets win...oh
user you're a witty cunthe I'll give you that

It was worse.

Stalingrad never happened. It was a propaganda campaign by the Nazis. Sure, some Germans died there, but not many.

Got any reads/websites on the Battle of Moscow? Don't know anything about it, really

Hahaha get it hahaha because le Nazis r da gud guyz xD haha so epic my dude haha here have some gold

>Leningrad
Was more hellish to civilians than combatant,never any real effort to assault the city
>Okinawa
Comparable,rain and mud was the biggest difficulty there,japs had to content wih maggoty rice,mud water and being pounded by half ton shell while America had to deal with reverse slopes and fortified mounts
>Iwo Jima
2nd most hardest island the americans had to invade,Peleliu being the worst
The volcano rocks on the beach made making foxholes impossible for American and the rocks made in possible for japs to make an intricate tunnel network,Not as humid as other island but made it up by being barren and dry
>Moscow
>Cassino
Non comparable at all,the worst front for you to be in WW2 is either the Burmese Jungle,Northern Finland as a commie or a Chinese ROC soldier