de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knecht
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

clearly nazi germany since they had Hugo Boss

Late Romans

OR

Highland Regiments in the British Army

I say Republican Armies of the SPQR around the time of Caesar

A man of taste
I can dump a lot of shit if any other Late-Romeaboos want.

Nazis

Hard mode:
No Nazis
No Spartans
Nothing Modern

Redcoats

persian immortals. Trojans

is that shield emblazoned with Chi Rho and an apostle or am I reading that wrong? That's fly as fuck.

Immortals looked like a pajama party, Trojans were just ethnic greeks and looked like any other middle bronze age chumps

Absolutely no uniqueness to it, messy colors, no strong shapes.

Only certain late Roman gear looked good, most of it just didnt have the spark. For every ridge helmet you had an ugly spanghelm, for every squamata you had generic mail.

>not digging Aztec/other nahua culture's military fursuits

>literally the worst looking uniforms of that time

Furryshit BEGONE

>pajama
nice reference, if you meant that on purpose.

The carlist army.

Not an army but the Landsknecht and by FAR

You dont have any chances

Those were all pictures of the carist army.

Awful taste senpai

Just look at these guys

Napoleonic France

What in the actual fuck are these glorious winged faggots.

Literally no one will ever be as aesthetic as WW1 poilus

What is the practical application of puffy clothing?
Was it a form of padded armour?

>When being a soldier pays so well you're the most fabulous person in the entire Reich

teutonic knights, imperial german army, wehrmacht, basically the krauts have looked good since day 1

it looks good

The US Army during the Invasion of Grenada

>dude let's make the Parthians wear pajamas!
I wonder what was CAs thought process on this one

The puffyness is a way to ensure range of movement, but it was overdone for aesthetic reasons. Padded armor was probably worn underneath sometimes, but you can do that without looking ridiculous like that. Cutting up the top fabric is something you do just because you can afford it. Although I could imagine it helps heatflow when you're hot - drop a coat or cloak over it and it's insulation, remove it and it's basically not there.

Worst thing about us playing in the middle-east is how shit the uniforms became.

t. Pierre LeFrog

14th century French and English knights
(Although I prefer the English surcoat)

I know it's haram to speak well about the Nazis on this board but we all know they had the best uniforms.

Swedish Caroleans

Begone posers

This
Knights were so aesthetic

Oh yeah.

Don't forget longbowmen

Think they're Landsknechts. "Lance-breakers" if memory serves

I suppose blue looks better does it pierre?

Agreed. Sick of tan.

pic related is 14th july 2014, 100th anniversary of WWI

Pionniers of the Légion Étrangère. They parade with axes and beard

Look at that blade gleaming! I like Foreign Legion uniform, but I do not know the first thing about them.

>"Lance-breakers" if memory serves
No. It means something like "Country-Servant/Soldier" (The word knecht meaning something like soldier then and having received the meaning of servant since then.)

More the opposite
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/knecht

Came here to post this

Fanculo beppe

How modern?

Now I know. Thanks

"Knecht" should have been obvious I guess

I'm not seeing any part on the history of the term there, but you can read it up here.
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knecht
>While the term was pejoratized in german and dutch, it was meliorated in english
>Middle English knight, knyght, kniht, from Old English cniht, cneht, cneoht (“boy, youth, servant, attendant, retainer, disciple, warrior, boyhood, junior member of a guild”), from Proto-Germanic *knehtaz (compare Dutch knecht (“attendant, servant”), German Knecht (“lad, servant”),

Lad, they didn't even have the best uniforms of that war.

You do realize that they DID wear "pajamas", right? The term derives from Persian, and was used at the time, as it is now, to mean a type of trousers - as it literally means "leg clothing". The Persians were famous for being some of the only trouser-wearing big civilization at the time.

The outfits are pretty realistic actually; they wore straight, colorful trousers and tunics. But the uniform color is a bit much, especially with a color than in the past century or two in the west has come to be associated with femininity.

Based Budenovkas

huh interesting. In Swedish knekt meant foot soldier in the high middle ages, while during the late middle ages and renaissance a knekt was a professional soldier or a mercenary, such as the landsknekt or the bergsknekt (berg=mountain, these were essentially the private armies of the mine owners)

I have a soft spot for the migration period equipment desu

Vendel era helmets were also pretty dope

KILTS
I
L
T
S

Everything was going good until i realised the picture contained Ir*sh

We need to go shorter

Sanglo-Axons

japanese army were always look so bad.
but in Russo-Japanese War, it not so bad.
Black make everything look cool.

Why do they dress so western?

They're a french elite military unit that someone from any country can join. Once you're finished serving in the Legion you get french nationality.

because at that day, how western they are mean how strong they are.

IRL

Mongols.
thread/

Mongol horse archers.

true, goths were particularly awesome.

late Roman Barbarian list.

every army look so same today.
boring.

>Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men of the West!*

late Roman army at The Battle of Catalaunian Fields.
they teamed with several of their barbarian enemies including the Visigoths to help defeat and push back the Huns.

>/threading your own post
/retard

Hannibal's army and his barbarian mercenaries.

more of his Mercenaries.

I love how the Landsknechts look like high level RPG characters min maxing with clashing gear and not giving a fuck.

t. ivan

to be more like Britain senpai.

O-oh thanks

WW2 and Korean war era Marines had the most aesthetically addicting uniforms 2nd only to Republican Romans.
Im going to dump if anyone cares