Why is suicide a sin?

Why is suicide a sin?

Depends on religion. Everybody cucked by Jews believe it is, although the Jews themselves are divided on the issue. Go figure.

Trick question. It's not. The Bible is filled with people who voluntarily chose to die. The majority of the saints in early Christianity chose death and embraced it. It was only later they said "suicide is a sin" because the nobles didn't want their workers committing suicide. So they tried to scare them.

Suicide is bad, society that causes it is cancer.

The act of committing suicide is selfish and evil. You are simultaneously denying and devaluing the gift of life, while also causing loved ones to suffer in your place.

Because otherwise, the tards who unironically believe in heaven would kill themselves asap

So the dude who invented religion needed to prevent that from happening

Because you are a special and wonderful person user, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. There's nobody quite like you

Well, if you life is bad enough to consider suicide, what is wrong with denying it? I understand that loved ones will be upset, but what is nobody cares about you?

The most famous suiside in Jewsih history was at the end of one of the rebellions against Rome. The last defenders of the last Jewish stronghold killed themselves to the last man. Please, point out, how is it selfish or in what way is it evil. How did it increase the suffering? If anything, it decreased the suffering of men themselves.

Likewise, there is nothing wrong with suicide if it prevents further imminent and pointless torment, or if you became nothing but liability.

I'm too dumb to cross board but /thread/

>we got this great idea that we can make the masses do whatever we want by promising them eternal paradise in the afterlife if they do what we want in this life
>yeah but wouldn’t that just make them wanna kill themselves and skip right to the afterlife?
>which is exactly why we made it a sin! So if they do that they go to Hell. >Deliciously devilish Seymour!

Choosing to die and suicide are not necessarily the same thing.

takes away a profitable member of the society.

dumb questions. next.

>implying anyone is in that situation
Besides those jews might have lived and brought joy to those around them. They were denying the world their gifts.

Because it's bad for oneself. Not all sins are thing that are bad for others. Suicide, vices like alcoholism, et cetera aren't unethical, but they are immoral, in that they hurt the one doing them, keep him from living his ideal life.

What do you mean by profitable?

Christians had to invent suicide being a sin as the logical endpoint of Christian theology is to kill yourself.

You can't pay taxes to the church if you kill your self.

thou shall not kill

its for pussies

Please explain how you differentiate 'ethic' from 'moral'
> not trolling, genuinely interested

people work and create wealth.

Because most people who kill themselves are in a depressed or angry state of mind which sinks their souls into lower planes after death.

Literally just to stop people all mass killing themselves to get into heaven. Don't listen to any any underageb& about muh selfishness.

Because everyone would kill themself

>life after death is much better than life on earth
>ok then I'll kill myself
>NO GOY IT'S A SIN

Because it's murder, and murder is a sin under Thou Shalt Not Murder.

Why do you care if it's a sin or not?

Paul wrote of this in the bible, but then, you're virtually illiterate.

it's called a fail safe. The whole system is built on slaving away the proletariat and if these guys do the "right" things they go to some utopia. Killing yourself would allow you to instantly join that world so they had to involve suicide as a sin.

>It was only later they said "suicide is a sin" because the nobles didn't want their workers committing suicide. So they tried to scare them.
Unadulterated retardation

They were to be paraded and then killed or taken as slaves. Are you trying to be stupid?

>Implying those who commit suicide tend to have loved ones
>Implying those who commit suicide tense to have a blessed or potentially blessed life
You're unusually naive. For many, the world can be hellish beyond your comprehension. Concepts like the sanctity of life hold no value when all you feel and have felt is pain (real pain - rape, trauma, beatings, imprisonment..), and it looks to get worse.

Your life and more importantly your ability to work belong to the state. Therefore suicide is subversion and should be punishable by death

Nevertheless humanity was impoverished by their untimely deaths

I thought the defenders drew lots and killed each other because the Jews believed suicide is a sin.

Man I don't get you at all.. you don't seem to be trolling. Any suffering caused from their deaths is laid at the hands of those who placed them into a position of public humiliation, torture, enslavement, and death, not them as individuals who chose to end their life with some shred of dignity and comfort. How can one be so daft. Does your dogma of anti suicide really blind you so thoroughly? It also be of the utmost irony if you were Christian, given that the foundation of your faith is the suicide of your all mighty

Just for detail sake, each man first killed his wife and children, then one man killed all of the other men, then killed himself.

So literally only one suicide. (and several of the men couldn't kill their wives/daughters, hence eyewitness accounts from the women found in Masada)

>you don't seem to be trolling.

Exactly how new are you?

(You)

So, first fucking day. Great. Forget how to find your way back.

Your life belongs to God, so you have no right to dispose of it. It is the same reasoning as to why drugs, tattoos, plastic surgeries and so on are sinful, just on a more grave matter.

Dying in the middle of a battle and accepting your fate is not the same as willingly ending your existence yourself

It's a gift I didn't want and it's an awful gift at that.
If I gave a shitty gift to a son and he didn't like to play with it and forgot about it in some corner for it to gather dust I wouldn't punish him, it was me who bought a gift he didn't like (with the best of intentions) and he isn't forced to like or use it.

>The act of committing suicide is selfish and evil. You are simultaneously denying and devaluing the gift of life, while also causing loved ones to suffer in your place.
That's a childish view of suicide. If someone's life is constant suffering, suicide is just a merciful action and loved ones should be happy for it.

Suicide kills the cancer of society

Organized religions came to be to organize societies
In a time where most of the population has to work their ass off producing food for everybody, you can't really afford to leave room in your society for people who grow up to the age of 15-25 and then kill themselves after eating a lot but not producing much.

Realistically a suicide in our days has zero impact, but it's still a taboo.

yeah, it seems like they murdered each other (with consent) to avoid the sining but the last guy was forced to kill himself but he was probably reedemed to their eyes since it was probably the ultimate sacrifice for them