Apologize

Apologize.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heimosodat
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogger_Bank_incident
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> Finns still lost this war

To the reds? No, the deserve all the shit they get for the winter war for getting their teeth kicked in by a nation orders of magnitude smaller and less industrialized. The fact that they managed to pull off a victory eventually does not make it any less of a fucking humiliation for the red army.

I'm still amazed that the Russians feel like they can shit-talk anyone for military failures. They were facing literal farmers with hunting rifles and no armor, air forces, or motorized forces at all, and relatively small numbers of antiquated artillery. And still this happened.

There were 320,000 casualties, of which 125,000 men were dead or missing. Really think about that. Iraq costed the USA 4,500 men killed over 15 years. The big British disaster at Malaya/Singapore which they're still mocked for costed them about 150,000 captured or killed. The Charge of the Light Brigade resulted in 110 dead. Italy's first failed expedition to Ethiopia, which Veeky Forums still mocks them for, costed them 15,000 dead.

125,000 dead with thousands of tanks knocked out? Against such pitiful opposition? That's ridiculous. That's almost unbelievable. That's nearing the death toll of ALL AMERICAN FORCES IN EUROPE, which were facing a near-peer foe and alongside their Allies inflicted millions of casualties on the enemy.

What the fuck happened?

>wtf happened?

Guerilla warfare happened

They couldn't even clear out conventional spurdo defensive lines until nearly the end of the war (like at Kollaa), it wasn't just innovative finnish tactics.

I mean fucking seriously, I don't think I'm properly emphasizing this. The Finns were barely more well-equipped and numerous than the GREEKS, who even the Italians could've taken eventually with a fraction of the material the Soviets had (and would've taken in five months without British intervention). With less than a third the losses of the Soviets, with a less reliable supply line (only two major ports in Albania and no overland route), invading over equally difficult terrain. Did they literally toss a thousand tanks and fifty thousand men into the ocean to die for no reason? I don't see how else his happens, especially since the war only lasted 3 months!

Say what you want about burgers in vietnam, but at least they came out of that with a favorable casualty ratio.

Post the screen cap about the prelude to Russian Japanese war and the Baltic Fleet

Is this the worst humiliation of them all Veeky Forums?

The russian fleet was a complete meme but I'm pretty sure most of that post is BS

I'm sure there were bigger clusterfucks in history, but you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger military disaster in the last century than the Russo-Finnish war.

> b-b-b-b-but muh k/d ratio! XD
Is there even more sore loser argument?

A fucking pyrric victory if there ever was one, jesus christ. Its a good thing the soviet high command got this little wake up call, I can't imagine how much worse barbarossa would have been if they hadn't been shocked by the winter war.

>sore loser argument
I doubt anyone here is actually finnish, its more of a "jesus christ russia what the fuck happened" thing. Also, no one is denying that the Finns ended up losing both times.

a few more million dead russians and maybe the war ending a few months later with the same outcome.

> bigger military disaster

Here is another one from The Soviet Union.

that ended in 1916

but the russians were the ones getting attacked
what people don't know is that the finns were the aggressors and took russia by surprise whhich explains the heavy losses russia took due to finlands unfair, i dare say borderline cheating behaviour. the finns committed several warcrimes against the russians and they haven't even been trialed yet. the finns raped russian women, bayoneted infants and tortured captured soldiers.
there is no justice in this world

What does this say?

Does this counts as major fuck up?

>strength 104k
>losses 110k
fuck off with your propaganda polack

>when enemy intercepts your battle plan but thinks its fake because of how stupid/crazy it sounds

This one is good.

The russians did the same to the germans
grass is green

Didn’t the Finns give up something like 1/3 of their industrial capacity through those areas tho?

i think it was more like 10%

>tfw finns could have ended up winning if sweden hadn't cucked the allied expeditionary force

im sorry user but its literally not a meme

Here is the only thing that I can think of in terms of being an even bigger disaster and humiliation.

You’d think Germans would pay attention to this battle and see why committing so heavily to Stalingrad was a bad idea

I honestly didn’t know, I remember the industrial capacity being important.
Still, 10% is a lot especially in a country like Finland. If you don’t mind spoon feeding me, what was the main industry of Finland and what did they lose out of it?

>so we took the most populated areas of China, without taking any of the food-producing regions
>now what do we do now
>how the fuck are we going to get out
>is that an american bomber fleet

That was a great read. Saved.

>>so we took the most populated areas of China, without taking any of the food-producing regions

Are you actually retarded? Do you even know anything about the geography of China?

for the soviets? probably. they hae a lot of humiliating military blunders, for example they marched into chechnia with an armored division and no infantry support and it got wiped out by rebels with rpgs, and so instead they just bombed the chechen capital so hard that the rubble of the city bounced three times.

I misphrased. The rice baskets, Henan and Sichuan, to name two, however were never fully taken. North China produces a lot of food, but also needs to provide for a lot of people.

JUST

Northernmost place, Petsamo, was conquested from soviet russia in 1922

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heimosodat
The only war Finland won.

>looks at the map
>Japanese occupied territory in pink stripes.
>Communist guerilla movements in plain beige color.
>Wait wut.

user I never knew the communists took over manchuko before they took shanxi.

user they do hold Shanxi in the map you see. I think you are confusing it with the further west province with a similar name, Shaanxi

Kif, show them the medal I won.

June 11th Israel is aesthetic as fuck.

>gives back land hoping for good relations with the arabs
>doesn’t work, they still wanna kill the jews even after israel is as nice as possible to them
Top 10 Anime Betrayals

>but you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger military disaster in the last century than the Russo-Finnish war.

Just about any war that the aggressor lost desu. That's the final metric.

does any of you mongrels even know what was the actual reason of Winter war or you just look at casualties right away

I think people overcorrect for the "if only we had reached moscow" meme by thinking the soviets are unbeatable, when the russians went to stalins dacha to get him to lead after his breakdown he thought he was going to be shot. If the germans had been able to crush the morale of the soviet people the State would have fallen apart like in ww1

It's literally general winter.

It's mainly because the Soviets engaged in piece meal tactics.

People meme about 'muh waves' but really it was equal sized forces being sent in by the Soviets, so the numerical advantage was never really used in a constructive fashion.

T. Amerimutt

>mongol rape baby thinking he can call anyone a mutt
ayyy

>They were facing literal farmers with hunting rifles and no armor
The individual Finnish soldier was better equipped than the Ukrainian monkeys the Soviets were throwing into the meatgrinder

what the fuck

>They were facing literal farmers
picrelated is average red army soldiers, kek

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogger_Bank_incident