What army was the most un-aesthetic?

What army was the most un-aesthetic?

If anyone dares to say the Greek revolutionaries imma adamantly attack you until you are forced to like them

Basically every current one.

When protection and practicality is favoured over aesthetics and style we get dull as fuck uniforms.

Greek revolutionaries

The one you posted had a Mycenaean boar tusk helmet going with it, that LARPer is a retard, also a trident? the fuck?

There’s only two blades on it, so it can’t be a TRIdent.

Idk, 80's woodland camo is aesthetic af.

bident

Duodent? Bident?

Listen here faggot, wether you enjoy being a tasteless shit, or have you no sense of practicality has nothing to do with me or the valiant men who fought of an empire wearing the rags that instilled pride

Furthermore, your skewed views of what consists of a good uniform is irrelevant and shit, not to mention your insolence towards the most favourable clothes of the region. I bet your impoverished little brain never even thought of weather, terrain, weaponry, regional fashion or other such basics

It's purely subjective and maybe you think it's gay to wear a skirt, tights and curly pom pom shoes but maybe I think you're gay, with your gay tight pants showing off your ass crack and your gay little buttons and boots all shiny. The reality is that THIS is what peak performance looks like, THIS is what will vent your body while running through the scorching heat and THIS will win you a revolution, unlike your effeminate uniforms and """"""style""""""

How did he run or walk in that armor? Or did he just stand about and tried to poke at anyone who got close enough?

>skirts
why not wear fucking shorts
>tights
why wear them at all if your goal is to keep your legs cool
>pom pom shoes
why the pom poms, wouldnt they get caught on shit?

These retards in their tablecloth uniforms. I'm not sure what was more pitiful, their appearance or their performance.

The French joked about the Austrians by describing them as "soldiers served with cream."

Ah yes here comes the first insecure soyboy
>>skirt
Because I want to and there's nothing wrong with that, also it vents my ass better than any shorts in the Greek heat
>>tights
I don't want my genitals dangling about like a faggot so it functions as an extention, as well as protecting you from any critters/itchy plants in the environment
>>pom poms
Yes yes I bet you think it's hilarious, reeeaaaaal funny. Unfortunately for you or any other Mujahedeen cunt that's where they would hide a special triangular dagger which would slit your throat

Doesn't need to, magic helmet

>Bronze Age
>Unaesthetic
Pick one and only one.

the helmets/hats are nice though.

None of those armor existed, they're horrible mash ups of pieces or armors that existed and pieces for armor that didn't exist or were worn by different cultures, the helmets are all so wrong too

Jesus christ those legs hahahaa oh no no no

Lets see yours calflet, I bet you couldn't even fill the tights

Thing is, these are not revolutionary uniforms, but were designed in posterity by the royalty to bridge the gap between the recent ottoman style clothing people wore in the revolution and ancient greek clothing. Unfortunately on execution it turned to shit.

You can see how the actual outfits the fighting men wore are much more practical and dignified here:

Reconstructed uniforms aiming at the historical never seem to work out well.

Consider pic related, 17th century Irish historical dress.

And compare it to this, an early 20th century attempt at creating a "national costume" for Ireland

Notice how massively gay it looks compared to the real historical outfit

Why not just use the historical outfit verbatim instead of making a weird fruity version of it?

The German monarchs made them do it

Why not change it after ousting them then? It's a real shame because the actual historical outfits, from antiquity through the byzantines and then under ottoman rule are all actually very nice (at least for my taste I guess).

I feel like this wouldn't look that bad with pants

I think the saffron kilts are a nice compromise

Its armor for a charioteer

They don't still use it, they had many different uniforms that gradually became much more western, especially in the macedonian war. But that's what the monarchy established, and there still is a royal palace to guard, and there still is a ceremonial royal guard...

>gay pride parade

Is this aesthetic for you? i like most of the mexican reolutionaries, but looking at some of them makes me think that they are dumb looking. Specifically the indigenas

>That guy on the left
Does Mexico have a lot of Italian immigrants?

I say 16th century in general

If they're the ones with the bobble shoes and tights I'm afraid I'm gonna have to say they looked utterly ridiculous

I don't know what Persian uniform actually looked like, but it looks pretty faggy on this vase.

Troop morale is an important asset, a well-designed uniform can increase that.

>this armor is too heavy
>I can smell my own breath
>tfw everyone throwing rocks at my chariot
>I wish I was home shitposting at Sea People
>its too hot
>why havent we breached the wall yet
>my feet hurt

I fucking hate landsknecht
I love Warhammer Fantasy but I just can't like the Empire because they dress like the offspring of Chef Boyardee and a clown

This armors look like something out of mad max

>he hates landsknechts
shit taste

I don't know why I seem to be in the minority about this because
I mean fuck
Just LOOK at it
It's fucking stupid looking

East Germans

Those helmets are the dopiest fucking things ever

You are mistaken my lad.

>Greek Revolutionary uniforms
Oh my fuck
I've never seen their uniform before but now I'm actually laughing at how fucking silly they look

Bong uniform of WW2... so shit. Was pretty based in WW1 though.

Transitional period-had to carry a lot of gearf-pike and shot, sword, pistols, armor.

Huh, so this is the power of communist fashion

>t a c t i c a l s h o r t s
And not short shorts either, baggy skirt looking things to wear with long socks.

Almost looks as bad as the Greek pom poms

That looks like a retarded Stahlhelm.

That's because it's a stahlhelm design made by the Germans during WW2. It was never used during the war though

I know right? That guy shouldn't have even brought them up.

I'm really glad he did though, shit's hilarious

The Qing Army. The Qing as a whole was an unmitigated disaster in East Asian Fashion History really.

And their military uniforms reflects this.

This said, I do like Armor duringthis period.

wew

This is correct, the design was denied by uncle adi himself because he thought it looked stupid.

Ady was right

>The Qing as a whole was an unmitigated disaster in East Asian Fashion History really.
Not really,Joseon/Nguyen/Qing uniforms were all derived from Ming fashion.

Protection, cost and practicality was ALWAYS favored over aesthetics you brainlet. Modern uniforms look "dull" because camouflage is key to modern warfare.

It's goofy and big because you cut them off dead men when you saw they had clothes you liked.

>I care about aesthetics

Looks like a Spaniard. They’re both Dagos though, the only difference between Italians and Spanish is music

Post a picture you communist

look at this dood

Ugly, impractical and heavily influenced by the Turks - It really is the most Greek uniform possible

the one on the far right looks better than most uniforms today.

>salty pajamas

this.
Qing had some of the coolest looking cavalry.

This shit is absolutely hilarious. Bunch of faggots desu, in a meme army that can't fight in the first place.

jesus those must have been so uncomfortable to wear

>JUST
Fucking hilarious, look at his face.

I think we've got a winner

Officers look fine, but then again, they were a whole league above Austrian infantry.

They did exist... as gladiator garb.

I always liked the "big hat and bandoliers" look.

Yes but this LARPers were trying to replicate bronze age armor and failed at it

You say that when our main opponent over the past two decades didn't even bother with expensive baby vomit BDUs and has managed just fine. Hell, ISIS dresses in black in the desert and they've been steamrolling Afghanistan where the USSR failed.

A shitty looking outfit is going to affect morale and reduce performance, so sometimes something that looks cooler, really is cooler.

>That outfit
Cirno?

this

I remember seeing some movie with mexican outlaws during the 19th century as a kid. It all looked so aesthetic. Men with sombreros, bandoliers and wielding double revolvers.

Wow they actually did use pajamases

One of my favourite helmet designs.

>ISIS wears black in the desert

Only in their meme propaganda videos. They wear camo in their combat videos.

>Nearly 2000 years later, pajamas make a comfy comeback in the Americas.

Tell me more.

Forget the helmets, look at their faces. Particularly Bubbles, left profile.

It looks more like a chan meetup than most photos of meetups I have yet seen

Say what you will about the onesies. That Mexica captain! That fucking umbrella! I think that's extremely cool. I also like the "beards" on the shields.

looks like an ottoman fuckboi

That's to protect the legs from arrows and the like without adding much weight, and funnily enough it's another comeback from two thousand years ago.

Neat. Nice connection, chief.

I remember seeing these shoes in encyclopedia as a child and laughing my ass off
what were they thinking?
this suit is like complete opposite of masculinity

Greek masculinity is a little different...I'm not even trying to poke fun.

>i like looking like a faggot
>why wont women sleep with me