Why arent't you buying Monero right now?

Why arent't you buying Monero right now?

>Completely anonymous
>Privacy is superior to biggest competitors Zcash and DASH
>Is actually being used in in the real world (darknet markets) unlike the other shitcoins that are shilled here all the time
>#10 in terms of market cap
>30% below all time high due to (currently) being profitable for miners
>Once difficulty rises miners will switch to other coins and inflation will stop while the price will rise
>Built-in emission is very low and merely makes up for the coins lost due to human error

In my opinion Monero is the underdog in the top 10 cryptocurrencies and a pretty safe investment.

Other urls found in this thread:

academic.oup.com/jla/article/9/1/51/3572441/Property-Is-Only-Another-Name-for-Monopoly
shouldhaveusedmonero.xyz/)
bitinfocharts.com/comparison/monero-transactions.html
moneroblocks.info/stats/transactions/m/12
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ethereum just integrated Ring signatures with Byzantium. Monero is effectively obsolete

% below all time high due to (currently) being profitable for miners
fucking all alts are 30,40,50,60% in the red
why buy one that's not?

So can you just pick whether you want a transaction to be anonymous?

I think so. Though Monero forces anonymity and is still ahead of ethereum. It might be a while before all functionality is carried over

Trusting Commie Skelly to keep you transactions is about as dumb as trusting Zuckerburg to keep your communication private.

private*

academic.oup.com/jla/article/9/1/51/3572441/Property-Is-Only-Another-Name-for-Monopoly

Monero transaction volume has not increased in months, too many people are using it as a store of value which is Bitcoin's purpose. It's a solid coin and pretty stable but I'm not sure about the long-term profitability.

I'm not so worried about profitability. All major cryptos are going to gain 100%+ in the near future as we are seeing the beginning of mainstream adoption right now. I just don't want to end up like the LINK-guys.

if people are treating it as bitcoin, ( and honestly I actually am doing the same at the moment . it's going to moon.

Pic related

I don't believe the Bitcoin is digital gold meme. It isn't an asset it's a utility. It is a decentralized bank. Monero is a desentralized Swiss bank. Anyone can get a bank account, only the rich can get an offshore bank account. Monero has more utility than Bitcoin and once people get that it will be yuge.

To address some of the points here:

- Ethereum having optional privacy is not private since the set of people using the feature is to small. Everybody would need to use it.

- BTC is a great store of value for legitmate money, but not unlegimate money (check shouldhaveusedmonero.xyz/) if you want some proof of this

- It does have inflation but it will take around 200 years for the supply to double from the maximum point, inflation is 0.8% a year fixed.

The longer Monero remains un-cracked, the higher it's value will rise.

BTC => Digital Gold
Monero => Digital Cash

They can both co-exist, BTC as reserve currency and Monero for everyday use.

Fair enough, Monero is a very safe choice for your money if huge profits don't concern you.

It did moon, to around $175, and is now sitting at half of that value, which it has been at for a while. Monero rose from 50 cents a couple of years ago and has had insane gains, but I think it's had its bull run, unless there is some big news or massive black market adoption, which doesn't appear to be in the near future.

Also forgot, the 0.8XMR is a precentage when the max supply is reached (20 mil or something), not 0.8% exponentially.

Inflation is linear with Monero.

80$ for each Monero is severely undervalued. It's real price lies at least 1000$+. You have all been warned

The biggest reason to go for Monero right now is that DASH fills the same niche, has a higher market cap but is ultimately technically inferior to Monero. I bought Monero for 2k€ when it was 39€ and although I have seen it surpass 20+ coins I haven't sold yet. Maybe I'm just dumb idk.

"Completely anonymous"

Did you not read the news lately? You are out of your mind.

Syscoin webbased marketplace will be the new darknet marketplace to go to, because it's the perfect platform for this.
Syscoin marketplace will not support xmr but will support zcash.

So get out of xmr and get zcash. It will be the darknet coin.

Please explain

Verge>monero

laughinganimegirls.jpg

Nice, just bought 100k. Screenshot this.

At €39 you can't go wrong, I'd HODL what you have and hope we see the ATH again, but probably won't be soon. I don't think it'll go much lower than current prices anyway, unless there's a major BTC correction. Even so, I think it only went down to something like $73 when BTC went down to $3k in September. Congrats on the buy.

>currently being profitable for miners
Nice Try

Any non-shitcoin non-ASIC coin is profitable for miners

If you mean MORE profitable then you are really shilling

30% below all time because they don't play well with exchanges, the network is slower than other solutions, and the mixing *at default* is less secure than the other two solutions you posted at default

>real world
>darknet is the scope that you are talking about
>other coins aren't being used in the darknet
>DASH isn't used elsewhere
>ZCash isn't working with JP Morgan and their scheme isn't on the roadmap for Ethereum and several other cryptos

I would say you were trolling, but its obvious you are shilling instead.

I'd say I'm just not well informed but thanks for the info. I'll still HODL though.

wraith protocol can be turned on and off. Monero is always which means regulations will ban it for being untraceable.

Don't worry, Monero is at its' infant stage and currently has an immense amount of development underway.

Every other week it seems a new DNM pops up which has XMR as a payment option. Mark my words 2018 will see the crypto market shift in favour of coins with real value. 99% of these coins are absolute dog shit.

>Shit, the Feds are looking, turn off the Wraith protocol!
>Phew, they've gone, quick, turn it back on!

This.

lol

it's about to break out too. Clear upward trend. You'll be sorry

You mean it's at the VERGE of breaking out?

The problem with Communism is that it is involuntary and centralized.
ETH is voluntary, transparent, and decentralized. It's not a form of government either.

exactly

I've been in XMR large for over a year now, currently hold equivalent of c$280,000

Makes up 65% of my portfolio.

I'm a big believer in it for three reasons:
1) Use for private store of wealth for those who don't want government, taxman, others to know their wealth/transactions. - years away

2) Community and developers are motivated, committed and not as greedy as most in this space.

3) This is the biggest reason I am heavy in XMR. The dark market. Anyone here who thinks btc would be anything like it is today without the dnm's is a fool. After turbulent years since the closure of silk road it's well known that btc is not safe. More and more are moving towards XMR and there are now markets that only allow XMR. In 1-2 yrs it will be the only currency on the dnm's and then it will be unstoppable. The volumes flowing through it will be phenomenal.

Just my opinion from 7 years in the dnm and crypto scene.

You are a fool. The darknet market will be on the syscoin webbased platform, which will run over tor and has zcash as payment option.

Its the perfect platform to become the new silk road. There goes your argument no.3 .

I think argument no 1 + 2 are not enough to say this coin will go up a lot in the future.

>syscoin

Good meme boyo. I'll remember it

What he means is buy XMR before Kovri is finished or KYS later.

Holy fuck just stop shilling your "muh next big thing"-coin. All relevant features are already present in existing major coins. Theres no need for a blockchain-based-ebay-coin. You could do the same with ether and smart contracts.

Why is Monero currently the most used darknet market coin if Zcash is superior?

>zcash
hahaha you wish you fucking fed

nobody is going to use the coin that took down alphabay

Blackbytes are more user and private than monero.

Nothing between peers or groups of peers or transaction is stored in a public database.

I'm holding both XVG and XMR.
I'll definitely earn money on XVG but I also know that XMR is the king of privacy when compared to all existing coins

Trying to decide if Monero's lil bro is a wise investment. Why doesn't biz ever talk about this?

This. Monero is the real deal. Zcrash is known for two things: the greatest price crash in crypto history, and for being so traceable that the feds closed in like it was leaving a smeared trail of shit

What about Zcoin?

Tell me more of your superior technology
>pic related

How fast and expensive are the transactions in Monero currently?

superior than Zcash and Dash

but worst than ZenCash, so yeah dump BTC then will go to Zencash when it hits lows.

CRY ABOUT IT

>Wow this shitcoin has a colorful infografic
>I'm seriously impressed

also

>* Attacks
>Shitcoin immune
>Other coins VULNERABLE

Well if you say so...

Because LINK is far more superior and private.

>private super smart contracts
>privatable and decent oracles
>sony
>swift privates

interesting, might pik up some komodooo

Average time around 2 minutes for confirmation
Average fee anywhere between 0.003 XMR and 0.062 XMR depending on how much you want to pay for security

Zcash has a backdoor.

thanks, I'm going all in Monero when BTC crashes happen and takes all the alts down with it

Damn those bags must be pretty heavy by now Linkbro

because ZenCash is better.

is monero premine scum or what

How do you know this?
Maybe monero is just doing a pretty good job at hiding how many transactions are made

Monero doesn't hide the amount of transactions
bitinfocharts.com/comparison/monero-transactions.html

Optional privacy it's equal to getting tracked, which completely defeats the purpose of privacy
Dash is literal shit, and ZCash has nice but crypto which is made completely useless by the inherent necessity of a trusted setup zk-Snarks have

It's Zcash but less Jewish, the main difference is the lack of premine and devs that aren't baked by JP Morgan but unfortunately you still get the backdoor

>Monero transaction volume has not increased in months

This is false
moneroblocks.info/stats/transactions/m/12

REQ because i got reqd

Buy my bags.